Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The Support Staff have no people skills. I wanted to report a Lice Infestation and they stated that they are unable to do anything about it. So I guess they just don't want their attendance to drop because that means less money coming in. This is a disservice to students well-being.

I enjoyed visiting the school! I've had great experience as an aunt and a family friend would students who attend the school. I wish my son could attend Palms as well.

Develops character: Agree

Why we chose Palms: 1- Palms has a long history of excellent academics taught by experienced educators, many of whom have taught at this school for many years. We believe they know how to effectively implement the common core into their teachings. As a teacher friend said, "Teachers don't leave a good program." 2- Palms has an excellent and fun music program. 3- We wanted our daughter to attend a district school. We felt it was important to support a local public school and we appreciated the multi-racial and diverse population at Palms. Her view of the world will be enriched by this experience. 4- Palms will provide our child with the best education to meet the challenges of nearby magnet high schools. I would like to add that while the appearance of this campus may not be as attractive as others, Palms spends money where it is needed most and we are satisfied with that. We spent months talking to families and teachers whose kids recently graduated and are currently enrolled. No one had anything bad to say. The comments were positive. Our daughter is in the 6th grade SAS program. She comes home happy, has met many new friends, likes her teachers, has excellent grades and is blossoming into a confident adolescent.

Why we chose Palms: 1- Palms has a long history of excellent academics taught by experienced educators, many of whom have taught at this school for many years. We believe they know how to effectively implement the common core into their teachings. As a teacher friend said, "Teachers don't leave a good program." 2- Palms has an excellent and fun music program. 3- We wanted our daughter to attend a district school. We felt it was important to support a local public school and we appreciated the multi-racial and diverse population at Palms. Her view of the world will be enriched by this experience. 4- Palms will provide our child with the best education to meet the challenges of nearby magnet high schools. I would like to add that while the appearance of this campus may not be as attractive as others, Palms spends money where it is needed most and we are satisfied with that. We spent months talking to families and teachers whose kids recently graduated and are currently enrolled. No one had anything bad to say. The comments were positive. Our daughter is in the 6th grade SAS program. She is happy, has met many new friends, likes her teachers, has excellent grades and is blossoming into a confident adolescent.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My son went from being an A student at Paul Revere to F at Palms due to bullying and a lack of care from the teachers.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The principal is incompetent and should not be a principal. He's pathetic and afraid to confront issues at the school. Specially bullying issues.

This school is unsafe to house animals let alone kids. The principal is inept, kids are racist, school is very poorly run. My son was tormented there, I pulled my second child out and would not let my 3rd child who was to enter 6th grade anywhere near that school. We are filing charges against this school, and have consulted with the ADL.

The Gifted Magnet Program and the SAS program are excellent, as parent I really high recommend this school.

I am a parent of a current 7th grader and have become increasingly unhappy with the school/principal. Parents are not advised of SERIOUS incidents where the school is placed on lockdown. On April 16, 2015, there were 3 separate shootings in the area and the school was placed on lockdown unbeknownst to parents. We did not receive any recording/email regarding the lockdown. This is not the first time this has happened. In addition to the lack of communication, the principal does not take well to concerns regarding teachers behavior towards students. Please consider this is if you are a prospective parent. My child will be going to private school in 8th grade as I'd rather pay for school then send him to Palms Middle School with the current administration/staff.

Our son is in his final/8th grade year at Palms and our years here have been amazing! The teachers, staff and Friends of Palms organization make the large school feel like an extended family. Ms. West, with band, Ms Vogel in Science and Mr. Nicholson our son's history teacher are just a few of the amazing teachers who go above and beyond with every child in their care. We have enjoyed watching him grow as a student and person and can say with confidence he is ready for high school. The extracurricular activities and trips Palms provide to enhance his middle school experience have also been impressive and life changing. The history department just returned from Washington DC last week and our son and his friends have not been able to stop talking about what they saw and learned. Thank you Ms McCarrel, Mr An and Mr Nicholson for all that you do. You have made our family better and very happy!!!!

Last modified Palms Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.