Palms Middle School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
This school truly is great. However, with some 8th grade teachers you can not really go anywhere with your Math and History studies. As well as for Science, Mr.Y does not really do a great job of teaching (because he's always after the blondes!). Mr.Lala (substituting for Ms.Edd) and Ms.W were by far the best teachers that I have ever encountered in my 8th grade year. In 6th and 7th grade, I had a great experience and scored high on standaradized testing. Now that Common Core standards have been installed in schools everywhere, I feel that teachers are more concerned about attaining standards and I feel like they do not teacher truly from the heart anymore. Now that the end of the school year is already approaching, I can say that I have mixed emotions about this school. There are either no rigorous standards at this school, or I am just not engaged enough because the teachers that I have had were horrible! Overall, I have made great friends and I hope that my success can continue into high school.

Posted April 15, 2014
I came in this school when I was in 7th grade. At that time, I was horrible in Maths,English, Science and History. But now with the help of Mrs. Clark (8th grade English teacher), Ms. Anderson (8th grade Maths teacher), Ms. Vogel (8th grade Science teacher) and Mr. Nicholson (8th grade History teacher), I am able to get As and Bs in my tests (before, I used to get Cs, Ds and Fs). And also our counselor Ms. Price and principal Dr. Moriuchi were my great help when I was new in this school. Thanks to the lovely teachers, counselor and principal. I don't know what would I do without them. And I've heard that those people who attend in this school, will always do something good in future. So I encourage other students to join this middle school.

Palms Middle School 1

Posted April 10, 2014
Padre de un estudiente en el 8 esta escuela es racista y muy injusta ve solo por los anglosajones y por los q tienen mas dinero sin importar el da o a otros ni os la sra power y el el principal son las personas mas desonestas y racistas deverian padres de hijos latinos cuidar los derechos de sus hijos de estas personas

Palms Middle School 1

Posted April 07, 2014
Palms Middle School. The school needs new staff and faculty and a new Principal. There are way too many politics and underhanded activity going on in the school and in all of the parent auxiliary groups led by faculty.

Posted January 11, 2014
I'm a parent who does exhaustive research, visits schools more than once, and makes spreadsheets. I spent months waffling over which middle school I'd choose and at the last moment, I committed to Palms MS. I attended the summer picnic and was buoyed by the committed parents, teacher, and principal, the diversity of the students, and the accessibility and values of the principal, Dr. Derek Moriuchi. Dr. Moriuchi made himself available at the picnic to answer questions and I thought his priorities and attitude were totally in the right place. So far, we've been very impressed. Our child is bright, creative and musical, if a little bit introverted. I was a bit concerned about the size of the school, but this has proven not to be an issue. The teachers are excellent and insert creativity and high standards into their curriculum. The chorus program is stellar (as is the music program). We've appreciated the homework time in the library after school as well. Our child is challenged in good ways and mostly enjoys school (as much as a middle schooler can!). It is a big school and there are crowds for concerts. Parent volunteers have streamlined the morning drop-off immensely.

Posted November 26, 2013
Bruh, I've been here for 2 years bruh. Im a 7th graders . This school is fabalous and Perfect . The only thing I didn't like was Ms.Nathans class, I think she needs a lot of improvement. Despite that I would recommend any students go there !

Palms Middle School 3

Posted November 05, 2013
I am a parent of a sixth grader at Palms and am pleased with the curriculum however not pleased with some of the teachers. Unfortunately, my child had an incident with a teacher that the staff is investigating however after following up on the status of this investigation, I have received no response. Parents should make sure to speak with their children to find out what is going on in classes and to see how their children are being treated by teachers. You would be surprised by how some of the children are treated by their teachers.

Posted October 25, 2013
Great school!!! I have an eighth grader and our experience has been wonderful. Teachers and staff make this school one of the best any parent can think of. Whenever you have an issue, they try their best to solve it.

Posted October 25, 2013
I have a child in eighth grade and I have to say that middle school at Palms has been one of the best experiences we have had. The teachers, the staff and the parents at this school are great. The environment and the opportunities offered at this school open new horizons for our kids.

Posted September 27, 2013
I am so thrilled to read all these reviews that confirm my own experience at and opinion about Palms MS. We've had two kids there and it's just been a wonderful school for both. I understand the special ed program is really good too though we don't utilize that. But I see the kids all the time and everyone appears really happy and loved. I know Palms MS is huge, but that just means there are a huge number of superb teachers. It's really a remarkable place. The new principal is a gem too. Parents are involved but more of their involvement would be an area of improvement I'd say. :(

Palms Middle School
10860 Woodbine Street, Los Angeles, CA  90034
Last modified Palms Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palms Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 128 reviews. Top