Bad
Good

I think this school would be a great way for me to make friends and also I grew by this school which gives me a good feeling about the environment.

The principal does not respect the Hispanic community. She knows nothing about our culture and does not respect it. She knows nothing about her students or teachers. She only cares about test scores. We want our children to do well and they need encouragement, not criticism.

This was an ok school it was destroyed in 2009 because of all the students that came

Pio Pico used to be a great school when Mr. Steele was the principal. Some of the best teachers have left. Great programs have been cut for students. It would be nice to have a principal who respected the community and the students. My children will be going to a magnet school next year.

I personally feel half and half on the problems and achievements of Pio Pico. I honestly am dissappointed with some of these reviews. I am currently a student at CSUN, and I feel obliged to say that the graduating students of Pio Pico Middle School did not graduate with me, I feel as though most of them was stuck in a rut, down and out, and didn't know their potential. Pio Pico, was honestly my sanctuary, all the teachers I had were wonderful, exception for one. It depends on the morals we teach our future students. I feel as though, Pio Pico is still important in my life because my niece attends there. Personally, our family want to transfer her to John Burroughs middle school because I fell academically in middle school. Pio Pico needs a stronger foundation in teaching the importance of school and especially during a pivotal age.

Overpopulated school, Jr High grades 6-8 located within same elementary grounds, transit in and around the school is terrible with excesive peddlers right outside the school grounds selling junk food.

I've been working at the school for about two months. They have several yard supervisors and they as well supervise the children during recess and lunch. Also I would like to add that the environment inside the school is really healthy and safe anyone can feel secure there, we as the staff work to make the parents and the children to feel right at home, and we try to have as much communication with the parents to have a nice relationship.

Pio Pico has a serious traffic problem. Parents and their kids take a high risk of placing themselves in danger when tring to walk in between the front of the cars and the locked school gate! Something needs to be done to fix this problem before a disaster accures, it is just a matter of time before someone get's hurt! Plus there no cross walk or signs at this intersection either!

My experiences while having my children enrolled at this particular school were not great due to the inexperience of teachers and personnel, but I do have to admit that there is a few great teachers that are doing a great job in their teaching, there are a very few still around. I do know that the school needs to change or re train some of the teachers and personnel.

i think this school is ok because i went to this school i also think that the teachers need help iam not saying all teacher but some also they need better actvities and they need just more discipline cause the students dont listen so i think they need more discipline yup thats what i think about pio pico.

Last modified Pio Pico Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.