Public charter
Los Angeles, CA
Students enrolled: 2,065

Paul Revere Middle School 2

Posted September 06, 2014
Classes are too large. Bullying is a problem .Kids who should be in honors are not. probably due to overcrowding. Im sure they are trying at this school but if you have other choices take it. Revere did not have my child in Honors he is now in Private school in AP and Honors...as soon as we switched we realized he was being overlooked. Bottom line...to many kids.

Posted September 06, 2014
It's a huge school with over 2000 students and large class size, but...the incoming 6th graders seem to adapt very quickly to middle school and I was impressed overall with the teachers - especially in English and History. But here's the thing about 6th grade Math: they are going to zoom through the textbook at a VERY fast pace, so take full advantage of the online "classzone" help (and even do the extra mixed reviews in the textbook) if your child seems to be lagging behind. They can also check many of the odd numbered answers in the back of the book to see if they're on the right track. The school also provides homework help after school on certain days - we didn't use it, but it's great that they offer it. Now that we're in 7th grade, the pace of math seems to have slowed considerably, allowing for our child to actually grasp the concepts with more than just a flailing understanding.(or maybe the 7th grade math teacher is just a better teacher) All the 7th grade teachers we have are outstanding, the electives and PEP are fun, and our child is thriving at Paul Revere!

Posted April 28, 2014
As far as public middle schools go, it is one of the best! Very good student body, amazing involved parents, a lot of hard working and dedicated teachers, counselors and assistant principals. Sad to see the principal retire this year. And would love to have smaller size honors classes. 40 kids, really?

Paul Revere Middle School 5

Posted March 09, 2014
I have two children there, 6th and 8th graders. It's a big campus and your child must learn to navigate a big campus such as going to a locker and then PE to a smaller locker and then perhaps another class. Last year was my first visit to the Back to School night, and I was greatly impressed by the teachers' backgrounds and the amount of material that was covered in their presentations. My son is in honor classes, and he spends a lot of time on homework, including weekends. There was some discussion among the parents regarding the difficulty in 6th grade math. However, the head of the math department also stated that any child will be well-prepared for high school. The bottomline is that the school is academically rigorous. The music and PE programs are the finest. The school has a community service requirement. There will always be bumps in the road, such as the traffic jams in the neighborhood with pickups and drop-offs, late buses, and paperwork snafus. But all in all, we are proud to send our children there.

Paul Revere Middle School 2

Posted February 12, 2014
Wow-this is a HUGE school. Not to organized and teachers are stretched to the limit in dealing with all the kids. Class size is massive. My son has 43 kids in several of his classes-so be prepared for very little interaction with the teacher. Great emphasis is placed on Math & Science. Get ready-this isn't Kansas anymore-meaning this is a big step up from elementary school (Fairburn).

Posted October 25, 2013
Paul Revere Middle School looks very large and perhaps a bit overwhelming coming from elementary school, but it provides a great education and individual and personal attention to its students. It covers all bases - from strong academics to attentive counseling services and enrichment opportunities. Good parental and community support and a lovely and safe setting.

Paul Revere Middle School 3

Posted October 14, 2013
My child is in the 6th grade, and although we looked at many schools, we chose Paul Revere. This was a mistake, as our son is not advanced in math or science, and these subjects are of great emphasis at Paul Revere. Homework is very intense with at least 1 1/2 hours per night and on weekends. We're going to get through this year, but will be moving our son to Emerson next fall.

Posted October 08, 2013
I have two girls, 6th grade and 7th grade, attending Paul Revere Charter Middle School and they love it. I think envoirnment of the school is so nice and it makes a difference when you are trying to learn. My 7th grader is on the spectrum of Autism and have had bullying issues at her previous Middle School, however at Revere they seems to address those issues head on. They also, have resources and tools in place for my daughter to build her social skills and make friends.

Posted August 05, 2013
Here is what I learned..." Take the good with the bad" That's life. There is no perfect school as far as I know?

Paul Revere Middle School 5

Posted May 26, 2013
My son is graduating from Paul Revere this year. He had a terrific time here. The first few weeks in 6th grade were a difficult transition but we got amazing support from Mr Hastings & Mrs Honda (who are sadly no longer at the school) and his counselor Ms Kobashi. He was in the honors track and had mostly amazing teachers (Mr Honda, Mr Slavin, Mr Shepps, Mr Aiochi, Mr Fulling, Mr Showrai). Some bumps in math - but we got the extra support that he asked for and he did well. Do not be put off by the size of the school. That is part of the learning experience. Also - if you have any issues, make the effort to respectfully communicate with the school until you are heard and feel that your problem has been addressed. They want to be of service but are not mind readers. As a parent - if you want to be involved, you can be. It is not Elementary school, but there are plenty of areas where your time and effort can make a contribution and a difference. The music program is a gift.

Paul Revere Middle School
1450 Allenford Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90049
Last modified Paul Revere Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul Revere Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 150 reviews. Top