Los Angeles, CA

Posted October 06, 2014
I attended San Pedro Elementary more than twenty years ago. My son was enrolled in their preschool program last year and my daughter currently attends their SRLDP program. My nephews and nieces have also graduated from this school and now attend a Magnet High School. I have nothing but praise for this school. The principal and dedicated staff have turned the school into one of LAUSD's best schools in South Los Angeles. Through hard work and the belief that all children can succeed, they have become a model for other schools to follow. I commend Mr. Carreno, school principal, for his great leadership, dedicated teachers, and friendly office staff for their wonderful work.

San Pedro Street Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
My school has very happy children who are eager to learn and love reading. The teachers work very cohesively so that all children are challenged to do their best .. Most of the students are engaged at all times and reinforced through one on one engagement to meet the state school standards and achieve alongside every student in the class

San Pedro Street Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2013
I attended this school up until the 5th grade year 1990! I had lots of fun here and was blessed with great teachers. Shout out to Mr. Bowman, Ms. Grimes, Mr. Sanchez, Mrs Roberts, and Mrs Barrett. I left to continue my education at private schools.

San Pedro Street Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2012
Hi How are you? Please, tell me school fees for primary , middle and secondary school and tell me about pepers required. Thanks fatma mahmoud

Posted May 09, 2012
By far this is one of the best schools in the area. The new principal Mr. Care o is very active, friendly and most of all positive. He listens to parents and knows the name of each child in his school, to me that says alot. my daughter is in the 2nd grade and is doing extremely good all thanks to her last 2 teachers Ms. Barrahona & Mrs. Barragan both are excellent teachers that encourage their students to do their best everyday. My lil Bro is in the 1st grade and also has Ms.Barragan which is a blessing because she is one of the best teachers there is. Im looking forward to the upcoming school year my 5yr old will start Kinder at San Pedro Elementary we hope she gets Mrs.Avila or Mrs Bettancourt =D great teachers too!! oH and i will have to agree with the previous comment regarding Ms Wong she is also one of the best although she is know Mrs. Griffin =D

Posted April 04, 2010
i rate this school unsatisfactory because of the principal.

Posted May 08, 2009
OK my child is only 2 but if I had to pick an inner city LAUSD school then San Pedro Elem St would be the one. Having worked as a TA and a sub I must say that the staff and kids are great compared to other nearby schools. CB

San Pedro Street Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2006
My nephews attend this school and I see both sides of the spectrum. My youngest nephew is in first grade and he has a very dedicated and motivated teacher. His teacher is very enthusiastic and helps her students. My oldest nephew has a teacher who is the worse.

Posted July 10, 2006
Both my daughters attend this school and I really have to give them a thumbs up since both their teachers are extremely dedicated and have made a tremendous impact on them. Mr. Sanchez, the grade teacher is extraordinary, very determine to make children read more, Ms. Soto, 1st grade teacher is very dedicated and has taught my daughter to be discipline and thanks to her my daughter writes and read as if she was in 3rd grade. I am very happy that both my daughters have been helped accomplish what most don't. Even though this school is in the heart of South Central LA, it really gives the children the kind of education they should received, good quality and great encouragement.

San Pedro Street Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2005
A good school but too crowded.

1635 South San Pedro Street, Los Angeles, CA  90015
Last modified San Pedro Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Pedro Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top