Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted October 25, 2015
My son is a special education student and attended Saturn K-3rd grade. He was left behind academically and the teachers and principal were physically unable to help less than they did. This school has a few dedicated teachers that truely do care about the students education. But they are few and between. If you can get your child into a magnet, please do all you can to get a transfer. We wasted years of ours sons formative childhood here. And that was squandered and forgotten among all of the problematic and poverty stricken students here. Please do your research and help your children succeed by discovering other local schools available in the neighborhood.

Posted January 30, 2014
I am not a parent of this school , however my kids attend a school nearby. Every time I go and drop of my kids at school there is parents parking in the corner of Burnside Ave & Saturn St,. Blocking the intersection putting their children in harm s way. Not only are they blocking the turning intersection but they are parking on a red zone not allowing traffic to make any turns. They wait for their children to cross the street, blocking the view. Anybody could go around that car and turn and run over a child all because these parents are blocking the street & the view to other drivers. All because of their laziness to get off the car and drop of their kids. I called the school & spoke to some coordinator but she as well didn't seem to care for these kids safety. I told this person I had an encounter with one of the parents from they're school this morning. This parent after turning on the street was purposely driving really slow blocking my car. This so called mother jump out of her car and started screaming & using profanity while I had my son in my car. I called the cops & the traffic unit for L..A. & reported her. It's sad to see that the **Continue....

Posted May 03, 2013
I am embarrassed for this school's Administrators. I initiated contact about enrolling my daughter and quickly changed my mind once I met the Office manager who does not seem to care about her horrible mannerisms even when people are around! I wasn't surprised to learn this is the same person who lacked telephone etiquette and person skills during a prior call to the school about the office hours. Unfortunate because the Principal seems like a wonderful person. My sisters and I are spending the summer researching alternative programs!

Posted September 06, 2012
My experience is as a visitor, but I am also a parent & a teacher in the community. My main concern is with one specific 5th grade teacher. I witnessed her on numerous occasions create an abusive learning environment for her students. When she spoke to her students, she screamed at & berated them much like a drill sergeant. She scolded them as if even a simple request was an offense to her. This teacher appeared constantly angry, & disrespectful to the students. I also witnessed her yelling at an adult. This kind of communication does not belong in our classrooms. If my child had to be subjected to her rants everyday, I would remove my child from that class. NO ONE deserves to be spoken to in such a way, especially where education & creativity are supposed to thrive. Although many of the other teachers seemed very patient & kind with their students, this teacher s behavior does reflect on the overall reputation of the school. It is the administration s responsibility to create a positive educational experience. If it s unable to protect its students & help this teacher learn to communicate respectfully & effectively, then perhaps the school board needs to get involved.

Saturn Street Elementary School 3

Posted October 20, 2010
My child has attended this school for 3 yrs now and in the beginning I wasn't very happy with the schools structure however; I can say that in the past year or so this school has improved in various areas and also parent participation has improved. Some office staff can be warm and welcoming however Saturn's Administrative Secretary needs to improve in people skills and telephone etiquette.

Saturn Street Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2010
I have two kids at this school and both kids had an outstanding year! We faced a few challenges this year that needed the principal s attention and I am VERY pleased at how she handled those challenges. She took care of business before things got out of hand (bullying situation) and she also worked with me to address the needs of my other child in a manner that was completely satisfying. Thank you Principal Bryant and Staff I look forward to another rewarding year in 2010-2011.

Posted March 26, 2010
School has the wrong priorities. The administration spend LOTS of time monitoring review sites (such as this one), soliciting responses to negative comments and organizing protest about cuts. Instead of complaining about how bad things are, our children would be much BETTER served if the same amount of effort was spent on dealing with what we have.

Posted March 03, 2010
I have been teaching at Saturn for 10 years and have seen this school go through vast improvements. The students have access to visual arts, intrumental music, vocal music, dance, interventions for struggling students, and a free after school program for all grade levels. In no way has the staff ever put our jobs in front of a student's education. I feel sad that any parents feel that teachers put themselves first. Unfortunately, we have had major budgetary cuts, but we have never sent out letters to save the budget. We are trying to get the community involved by participating in family dinner nights and standard fundraisers that many schools use to raise money. It is unfortunate that there are parents out there who feel that we are constantly asking for donations and ignoring students.

Posted March 03, 2010
Saturn is a great school which has served my children for almost 5 years now. Unfortunately, like ALL schools, Saturn is suffering from the school district's budget issues. But I think it is very disappointingto see all these poor reviews from parents saying that the teachers only care about fundraising and saving their jobs, and all of the negative opinions of the principal. As parents, we should be supporting the people who are educating our children, not attacking them at every turn. WE need to get it together and be a part of the TEAM.

Posted March 02, 2010
As the Principal of Saturn, a great school, I welcome all to visit our school and learn about all the wonderful opportunities for students. We have an amazing group of students, families, and staff. Our local community support is second to none! Make time to visit soon.

Saturn Street Elementary School
5360 Saturn Street, Los Angeles, CA  90019-3960
Last modified Saturn Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saturn Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top