Bad
Good

I agree the principle is not responsible for the children's grades. But he has to have a positive demeanor. I have talked to more than one parent and we agree that Mr.Soveranes is no help. It's like he doesn't care. My child's shirt was written all over with a marker with degrading language by the graduating class and when I called to complain it was to late because the students were sent home early. But don't let it be your child doing the wrong thing because their calling you right away. The school does not have the necessary resources to help children successed in school. The schools need more fundings. I do think the school has some great teachers that care and are dedicated.

Right...? The principle is not responsible for our children's grades but he is responsible for having a positive demeanor not that of a mad dog. My child does well in school; that is due to great teachers and involved parents. Second St. school needs a coat of paint, the garden needs blooms, and the staff needs a jump-start.

I am very happy with my daughters results at second street school. It is not the principals fault your child doesn't succeed in school. It has to do with the parent and how involved you are in their lives and their education. I am pleased to say that I've had the pleasure to meet with the principal and he is leadership, he is a great example.

this school is just going down hill since they got mr.soveranes he just doesn't care much for the kids! he throws the parents off to the assistant principal many many problems since he's been there i had to pull my son out of there i did not feel my kids safe there low attention skills from his part!!!

When the school had a shift in Administration it was nothing but a downward spiral. The smiles of the teachers and students that were once there, no longer exist. If anything they look haggard. I ended up doing what I thought was best for my child and that was changing schools. What a disappointment Second St has become!

Last modified Second Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.