Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Shenandoah Street Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2015
I live next to the school and have found the pickups and drop offs of children to be very dangerous. Parents double park in the middle of the street and also perform illegal three point turns, etcetera. Also the amount of litter left in our neighborhood is horrendous, anything and everything from fast food bags to actual baby diapers! I've also experienced parents/ family members hanging out in neighbors yards as if it were a park until there children are let out of schoo. PLEASE SHOW RESPECT for the school, the neighborhood, AND yourselves! It's disheartening to see this lack of respect passed down to the children.

Posted August 18, 2015
I am a parent!! I have 3 kids, one graduate from Shenandoah almost 3 year's ago. We love the school!!, my husband and I are involved in school meetings, and other activities. We are committed to show support and to maintain high standards to all the students. The teacher's come from different parts of private and charter school's, giving knowledge and good quality education.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 18, 2015
I love the teachers if you as a parent dislike something from the teacher, just bring it up to the principal and fix it right away....she pays attention to students as well as the staff..

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 18, 2015
Yes they have homework is also giving to them on weekends holidays, and also on vacation got to keep their minds very busy..

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 18, 2015
The teacher's come from different parts of private and carter schools, giving our kids knowledge and good quality education. They have good programs before and after school..

Posted November 22, 2013
I loved this school. I was friends with my sons teachers.why u hate this school?my kids did great in this school.they were proficient in both English and math this school was the best that my kids went to.one of my kids graduate from this school.my other son is in the fourth grade.THIS SCHOOL DESERVES 5 STARS FROM EVERYONE!plz like this school.this deserves to be the best!

Shenandoah Street Elementary School 3

Posted November 10, 2013
Shenandoah elemantary has improved since our last experience which was not great.however ms. Yi , a kindergarden instructor .I have had a terrible experience with this individual last year . my child has been outkasted because i was unable to donate materials to class ..she would constantly put my child down. because she had problems reading im low income ,im a full time working mom , I would not be able explore the benfits and joy of learning with my child..and miss ti refused to understand and put forth an effort to help my child in any extra way..however with this negativity other great instructors make up for her slack..for example miss. dawson was a wonderful caring instructor.and we just keep supporting mr . morales passion for teaching . he is very organised and respectful..this instructors should be highlighted and awarded with recognition

Posted October 03, 2009
It is a school that has turned itself around and because of a dedicated staff and involved parents has become a wonderful school. Students want to go to school and teachers care about the progress of the students.

Shenandoah Street Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2009
Shenandoah elementary is ok, but for 2009 to 2010 i believe this school is going to grow a lot. We have amazing parents that willing to do whatever to help this school be on top of the charts. Not a bad school, i believe lack of motivation from staff, & is going to change. I have faith!!!

Posted May 14, 2009
Excellent teachers, staff, and administration. Cutting edge technology, new and improved yard and welcoming office staff and school library. State of the art computer lab and well appointed classrooms. This school just rocks!

2450 Shenandoah Street, Los Angeles, CA  90034-2026
Last modified Shenandoah Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shenandoah Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top