Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Ms Martinez is a great teacher,respected and loved by the kids. She really knows how to get the students involved and focused on learning. Short Avenue has the best teachers, we are very happy with my son progress!

Great school, we love to see great things they do at school every day. Lucky to be at this school.

Great school. Our children LOVE going to school! This year in Mr. Schieneman's class they are doing classroom economy. It's a simple classroom economic system based on the idea that students need to earn school "dollars" so that they can rent their own desks. My child is learning financial responsibility, having a lot of fun too! This is a neighborhood school - and we like this aspect of it very much. We met a lot of great parents. If you live in our community- definitely come to the food truck night- at the front of the school. The poster with a time and date hangs on the fence facing Short Ave. My daughter is active in a girl scout troop at the school and I believe there is also a boy scout troop with active schedule and camping. I definitely recommend our school to parents who live in our neighborhood.

Short Avenue Elementary is an amazing neighborhood school. The teachers are incredibly devoted and go above and beyond for each child. My daughter would never have received this much attention at a larger school.

We love this school. It's very small, and the teachers are wonderful and involved. Our daughter has learned so much in Mrs. Hohman's class, and we could not happier. We considered other schools, and thought about applying to WISH (among others). In the end, we chose Short and I am so happy we did. It's a tiny gem.

I love this School. The teacher's here really care about you and your children. It is very multicultural and the office staff are very friendly and helpful. I have 2 children enrolled in the school and they both love it.

Short Ave. Elementary School is the best kept secret on the westside of Los Angeles. The entire teaching staff is talented, committed, and passionate about what they do. There isn't a single weak teacher in the school, which is rare for a public school setting. The principal, Ms. Paulos, has been a very positive addition to the school. I love that Short Ave. values the arts and has a designated visual arts program, as well as theatre and orchestra. The school even has a Latin teacher for all 3rd-6th grade students! I can't say enough about how incredible this school is. I feel so lucky to live in the Del Rey community.

We were new to Short Ave. this year. Our daughter was a first grader and didn't know anyone at this school. The wonderful principal Mrs. Paulos took the time to sit with her on the first days when tears were falling and made her feel loved and a since of belonging. Her teacher Mrs.Trapnell is an amazing and fun teacher. We love the since of community here. Highly recommend this school.

Short Avenue is a great school in a great community. The only reason this is not already one of the schools that people are waiting in line for is the largely unsubstantiated testing scandal that invalidated the school's API scores for two years in a row. The school has recovered, though, has a great principal who has made many positive changes in her two years so far, and a small but very dedicated group of parent volunteers. This school is already among the best in LAUSD, and I predict it will become very hard to permit into within a year or two.

Just a few short years ago (no pun intended), parents in our neighborhood in Mar Vista had very scant options when it came to local elementary schools -- but Short has changed that. Due to an influx of committed parents joining forces with a core group of passionate and committed teachers and administrators, Short has become a safe space where children can learn and grow in a creative and supportive environment. It is what public school education is supposed to be.

Last modified Short Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.