Los Angeles, CA

Sixth Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted October 23, 2011
I want to THANK the TEACHERS who have worked with my son. Mrs. Oberholtzer, Mrs. Blanchette, Mrs. Lee, Mrs. Bull !

Posted August 29, 2011
This school has been on upward trend for years now. Although LAUSD has received a great deal of "bad press", 6th Ave. is a great school to work and be at, just ask the students and teachers. Like any organization, there are a few bad apples that give the school a bad name. Keep an eye on this school as it rises above the negativity that has plagued public education over the past decade.

Sixth Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted December 15, 2010
... my two girls to this school. In the past i had no difficulties with any school my children go to. however, this is school is terrible. Teachers and the teaching theey provide for the school is great but the poor attention and unprofesionalism of the staff. the cafetiria treatment is prisonly i know because i have helped for almost a year and i have seen alot. this is a school to take your kids only if you are in great need immidiate school. this school os in great need of a new staff

Sixth Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted June 25, 2010
I don't want to generalize the whole entire school by just the teachers my child has had. But my experience there has been disappointing. The school has failed my child academically. The staff is use to parents not being that involved, that when they actually are, they consider you as being difficult.

Sixth Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted October 11, 2009

Posted November 02, 2007
Just moved both of my kids to this school. Both of their teachers are great! I am so happy that the move wasn't as difficult for them. There aren't many extracurricular activities for the children. But the staff is great. The principal is very involved. I always see him around campus, in classrooms.

Posted November 01, 2007
My child was in Kindergarten last year I found the teachers really work hard with the students. This year my child is in 1st grade and he is in a gifted class and academically he is doing terrific and his teacher is terrific too!

Posted November 21, 2005

Posted October 20, 2005
I was impressed at the level of parent involvement. I was able to meet with other parents and hear their expectations. My son did well academically.

Posted July 12, 2005
Great school, but needs work. Places are small, and some students are not disiplined.

Sixth Avenue Elementary School
3109 Sixth Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90018
Last modified Sixth Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sixth Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top