Bad
Good

i have no experience with this school - but wanted to comment that considering the English proficiency state test scares are a low 37% and math 31% - both below state averages for low income populations, how is it the parents are raving about the school, unless they don't care about grades?

Caring and motivated teachers (1st grade). Too much HW in my opinion but that's the system not the school. I just don't believe it advances learning. Wish for a music and more art. Nurturing environment but hope for more diversity in the future. This school can be an even greater neighborhood school if the neighborhood families jump aboard.

Amazing school that offers a nurturing environment, caring teachers, and a stimulating environment. The class sizes are small, so the teachers really get to know their students. This school offers a great sense of community. There are also so many exciting field trips that really exemplify fun and education to the kids.

I have a child in the second who has been at Nora Sterry since kindergarten. She left another school to attend Nora Sterry. I also have older children who have attended other schools, so I think I have good idea what makes a good school. I like almost everything about this school - the teachers, the principal and the students. One thing I noticed about this school immediately was that the teachers genuinely like Nora Sterry. The principal has remembered my child by name since day one. Parent involvement is evolving at this school - Nora Sterry recently started a Booster Club and now holds regular parent meetings. I have only one problem with this school - drop off/parking is complicated.

This is a wonderful little school. These days when a handful of the "top" Westside schools are so overcrowded it is nice to be in an environment like Nora Sterry. Lovely, good quality teachers here, a caring and personable principal. Hope this school can obtain more diversity and get more attendance from neighborhood kids.

My son has gone to this Nora Sterry for kindergarten and first grade. Both teachers (Mrs. Frasco and Ms. Reese) are wonderful, caring, and genuinely concerned about their students. They actively encourage parents' involvement, always welcoming us into the classroom. Their test scores are low, but they are doing the best they can with the devastating budget cuts. Most impressive is the teachers' and the principal's commitment to the kids.

Phenomenal school with wonderful, caring teachers who display a genuine concern for the future of their young minds.

What a great school! My daughter attended the Pre-K program with Ms. Anna and Kindergarten with Mrs. Frasco. They were both excellent teachers! Keep up the great work, you got my little girl off to a great start! The principal is great... I love how involved and friendly Mrs. Smith is! This is certainly a hidden gem in West LA. It has the feel of a private school due to it's size and teacher-student interaction. They even offered free tutoring after class to students who wanted to get ahead! Excellent! I wish she could continue here, but we are leaving the area! Keep up the great work!

This shoool 1st grade teachers are excellent. Ms. Mill you are doing great job to my kid attendding in your class.

My child attends this school currently and his teachers progress with him has greatly improved. The Principal and VP are what make this school, especially when 'parent-to-teacher' interaction isn't working very well. My only concern, and the concern of my husband, are the behavioral problems that go unnoticed. There is also a member of staff in the office that my child is timid to approach or even see which puts my child in discomfort some of his days. It would be nice if this was addressed, I am sure my child isn't the only one suffering with this staff member.

Last modified Nora Sterry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.