Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Tenth Street Elementary School 5

Posted January 07, 2014
This school is the best I miss it so much I'm proud I was a student at this school Mr.Ferguson was my 4th grade teacher and he's the best I never wanted to leave his class no school I go to will ever change how I feel about tenth street this school is amazing it's such a great school you're child will learn so much the teachers actually care about you and they wanna see you do you're best and remember IMPOSSIBLE really says IM POSSIBLE eagle pride forever !!

Posted May 06, 2010
I agree with the most recent comment. The school is making tremendous improvement and as parents, we feel satisfy with the direction the Principal has taken. I also believe that her coordinators are doing a fantastic job. Ms. Williams is always attentive and respectful. She tries to communicate with the parents in their own language during meetings. Her dedication and love for our students is to applaud. Mr. Gonzalez is also magnificent. He is always the person that I go to for information. I see him early at school and see him still at school when I go to pick up my kids in Para Los Ninos. Therefore, I rebuke the comments about coordinators working just for the money. On the contrary, I feel they should be commended for their excellent job they do for our community!

Tenth Street Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2009

Posted May 18, 2009
I withdrew my students from this school. The principal is a mean-spirited lady. My children hated the changes.

Tenth Street Elementary School 4

Posted December 07, 2008
I am a teacher from Tenth Street. The coordinators who left Tenth Street were some of the best people I have ever worked with, who deeply cared for the students at Tenth Street. They were not, 'canned' as described in one reviewers terms. One coordinator retired, one went on to work closer to home, one went to care for her newborn at home, and the other transferred to another school. Our new coaches are just as amazing. They bring their experience and dedication to the field of teaching and are wonderful collegues. This school is a rising star academically. Students are becoming more aware and more centered on their progress and gains in achievement. I am honored to work with great students, teachers, teacher assistants, parents and community members everyday.

Tenth Street Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2008
I recently enrolled my children in this school. I must confess I was a little hesitant about it at first, because of the online reviews and the rating. But I admit that there is great changes happening and for the benefit of the students. There is a lot of interested to bring the student to meet the target and pass it. The principal and other staff are putting all their effort on their part to see this happen. The school has made a remarkable progress on the CST test. All there is left is for parents to do their part.

Posted August 31, 2008

Posted August 15, 2008
Things have really improved around here. The teachers, coordinators, coaches, front office staff and adminstrators seem to really work together. My kids have gone here for years, but there seems to be a great changes. The school's scores are up over the past few years, so obviously there is a lot of work going on. I read the other reviews...yes, we may not be rich, but are kids are succeeding! At least there's a greater effort to involve us parents than there were years ago. I see progress!

Posted January 18, 2008
Due to the schools location of low income area and highly immigrant community, it has the test results that it has. Latino families just value education as much as other cultures.

Posted August 30, 2007

Tenth Street Elementary School
1000 Grattan Street, Los Angeles, CA  90015
Last modified Tenth Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tenth Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top