Los Angeles, CA

Toland Way Elementary School 5

Posted September 02, 2012
In spite of continued buget cuts over the last several years, Toland Way has done an incredible job. Under new leadership for the last two years, academic performance has trived and our API has topped 800. We have an active PTA and an engaging Parent Center. We would love to get some businesses to sponser us. Come and check us out.

Toland Way Elementary School 5

Posted April 23, 2012
I graduated from Toland Way Elem and the staff made a huge impact on me. My fourth grade teacher (Mr. Ramirez), how is still there, was amazing. Mr. Ramirez presented math and reading to a whole new level! His innovative approach challenged us in ways that were fun and fulfilling to us! Very few people have impacted my life like he has.

Toland Way Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2010
This school can't even muster up enough parental and community involvement to get crossing guards at the intersections in front of the school. It's horribly depressing, and a disaster waiting to happen for the poor kids who attend. The parents dropping off their kids are dangerous drivers, making U-turns in front of the school, speeding past on the wrong side of the road, honking at other parents. It's total chaos. I could send my kids here, but if this is a symptom of how the school as a whole is managed, I'd rather not take the risk.

Posted June 08, 2010
ms. medina is a great 6th grade teacher, she has helped my son in many ways. so, thanks ms. medina ++++

Toland Way Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2010
There are dedicated teachers, and teachers that are nice but only do the bare minimal. The principal is full of excuses as to why supervision is lacking. All he does is blame the budget cuts. This shouldn't be happening at this school.

Posted March 11, 2010
Teachers have great communication with the parents and make efforts on and beyond to engage parents and become active participants with their childs education

Posted January 08, 2009
The leadership of this School is looking for ways to cause a positive effect on every child that attends Toland Way Elementary. The teachers in my expirience show and demonstrate progressive ways of teaching and helping each student with academic growth provided the student and parent coaperate. The one draw back is that the School's principal needs to listen to the parents not just hear them.

Posted July 06, 2006
This a great school that has come a long way since the new principal took over but there are still some teachers that are rude to children and take advantage of their seniority to be rude. But this school has also great admirable teachers that love what they do and give all their time to involve parents and student to learn more. But this school also needs more extracurricular activities. There are some but they full very quickly and they are hard to get into.

Toland Way Elementary School
4545 Toland Way, Los Angeles, CA  90041
Last modified Toland Way Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Toland Way Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top