Bad
Good

I love 20th street ! My mom went to 20th street when she was a kid , and she loved it so much that she enrolled me there as well. I started 20th as a preschooler and i stayed all the way till the 5th grade. All these reviews don't sound like the 20th I remember. I remember the staff being so involved with the students and their parents. I also remember staying after school with LA's Best. It was like a big family ! I haven't visited 20th street since 2009 and I'm sure things have changed ever since.

As a teacher of Twentieth Street I am sadden by our current principal. He puts us down and criticizes everything about our school, but his ideas don't help motivate change. He reminds me of a 3rd world politician who talks and talks but does not listen. It is his way or the highway. In education you must have a heart and passion, but it is harder and harder to work for the children we love when someone like him is here. Who hired him? Why did he get such a great local school and ruin it so fast.

This school has gone down the drain since last year. The new principal has no leadership. No one is motivated to volunteer. Test score went down and the same teachers still work there. I just don't know who to contact to see a change.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANKS ALL THESE TEACHERS MS. ZURITA, MS. TAYLOR, MS SOLIS, AND MR. RAMIREZ. FOR ALL THEIR EFFORT THEY HAVE DONE. THEY ARE THE BEST TEACHERS EVER. ALSO THANKS MS CASTILLO FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK. DENISE & MARIA

My child attended this school from pre-kinder through 4th grade. Her state scores were higher than those of an average child. I contribute a child's success to the team effort of the teachers and the parents. My child was one of the lucky ones to have this team.

School has make great strides and is moving in the right direction.

Last modified Twentieth Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.