Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Lots of wonderful schools to choose from in New Roads, Louisiana.

Because there is a true caring between teachers and students. My children have been educated intellectually, socially, emotionally. Children are truly happy at New Roads. When I pick up my 8th grader, and I ask how her day was, if she had a lousy day she says, "it was a lousy day... Well, lousy in New Roads standards which means it was still pretty good."

I'd rather not thank you Great Schools for allowing reviews of schools, this is very helpful to us all

Our child has said twice now on weekends, "I wish there were school today." In just two short months, our child has become more outgoing and adventurous, (from being quite the opposite previously) and is practically reading (well, short little books). Then the other day, proudly told us about helping tie a younger classmate's shoelaces. I don't have to worry about my child learning kindness and social responsibility, I feel. With a low student-teacher ratio, I feel very reassured that the academics will be better than fine. I just finished reading Tom Little's Loving Learning; am so glad we found New Roads.

Terrific school with outstanding teachers. A true oasis among LA private schools that simply don't live up to their declared values. The elementary school director, Jacqueline, creates a wonderful environment for her teachers to thrive, and as a result, the teachers create an equally nurturing environment for the students to thrive. Cathy, Sara, Shelley, and Bree are all particularly fantastic teachers and Stu may well be the best elementary school science teacher in the state.

We have been at New Roads Elementary going on three years now, and we love it. The teachers are top notch. Each class size is small, with one class per grade and both a teacher and an assistant teacher per class. In addition, there is a fantastic science teacher and program; the art teacher is amazing, and we are enjoying the music program. This school focuses on the creativity and individuality of each child. The most important thing in a school are its teachers - and this is where NRE excels. We also enjoy the diversity here - culturally, ethnically and socially. There is a focus on the world around us, the environment and social justice and rights.

There are a few wonderful teachers at New Roads...but unfortunately the relatively new administration has just about destroyed the school. It stared with a lovely idea...social justice and community spirit. The elementary school director has just about expunged any vestige of those sentiments...and now the new head of the school is continuing down that path. He is so awful that board members are quitting and families leaving in droves. Run the other direction. Unless you have no other option, New Roads is not a good one.

Last modified New Roads Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-5