Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 28, 2014
This school is the best kept secret in education. Small class sizes, a super active and enthusiastic PTA, and teachers who are accessible at all times. It is an open-door environment where everyone knows each other and works together as a real "village", so to speak. It is a wonderful place to watch children flourish!

Posted August 27, 2014
Moving from a small town to the big city, we were terrified about sending our son to school in LA. All of the private schools were too expensive and all of the charter and magnet schools had a waiting list too long to even attempt at. I did some research and found schools that offer the SAS program, these include schools with high API scores. Our son tested into both Franklin Avenue Elementary school and Valley View. Franklin Avenue is an incredibly tough school to get into and our son got in only through the SAS program and a lottery!! After careful consideration we chose Valley View and I wholeheartedly believe we made the best choice. Less than 250 students in grades TK-6?! We made instant friends with so many families here and I feel that I have made some lifelong friendships. This is now our second year at Valley View and I wouldn't choose anywhere else. Every parent puts their sweat and love into this school and with a staff that does the same our children have so many advantages.

Posted August 26, 2014
We love this school, which exceeded our expectations. We had heard horror stories about LAUSD but our wonderful, little elementary school is truly a hidden gem in the Hollywood Hills. We have great teachers, music and drama after school programs, free after school care until 6 pm, an edible garden and much more. Great parent involvement. Our son is thriving here and our other son will likely start transitional kindergarten here next year.

Posted August 26, 2014
This is a wonderful little school! I have two daughters at VV, in kinder and 2nd. The teachers are wonderful and dedicated, and there is such a sense of community. There's a very active PTA, which raises funds for school programs, an awesome edible garden, and it is one of the few schools I know of that you can actually go on campus to pick up/drop off your child...which reinforces that sense of community. You get to know everyone at the school, which is so great. I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else! It truly is a special school.

Posted August 26, 2014
Valley View Elementary school is a gem! Its intimate size creates an involved, charming and friendly community. This school has an ideal environment for learning. Our son loves going to school here and we're delighted with it.

Posted August 26, 2014
Valley View is Pleasant, joyful, and fun. The low student count is fantastic for my son, it allows his teacher to give him more one on one attention unlike other schools. They have activities, field trips, and two wonderful gardens which the students get to enjoy. Valley View is well put together and organized which I love.

Posted August 25, 2014
My son has been attending for the last three years. It has been a wonderful school school for us. The teachers are great and truly care about the students and education. This year, we had an opportunity to attend Melrose Ave Magnet. We chose to stay at Valley View Elementary because of the students to teacher ratio. Second grade classes have only 17 students and one great teacher and one teacher assistant. It is such a small school that everyone knows each other like a family. We are fortunate to be here.

Posted August 25, 2014
This school is a hidden gem up in the hills! We love it - not only my husband and I, but our two boys as well. Great PTA, strong community and an AMAZING garden! It's wonderful and I highly recommend it. It does take a village ... and I'm very lucky to be part of one!

Posted August 25, 2014
Valley View Elementary School is a unique public school with small class size and diverse student body supported by a dynamic and caring school community.

Posted August 25, 2014
Valley View Elementary is Los Angeles' best kept secret. With small class sizes, great community and parent involvement, dedicated teachers and the cozy bungalow campus, Valley View is a school where students can learn, grow and develop in a school that feels like it belongs in a small town. At Valley View children feel connected to their school, their neighborhood, the teachers, and fellow students and that promotes learning and growth. The facilities and programs are excellent and I highly recommend this school

Valley View Elementary School
6921 Woodrow Wilson Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90068
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 113 reviews. Top