Posted November 05, 2013
my school has the best teachers you will ever find this school also has a lot of magnet students and also is a clean school

Posted September 27, 2013
The new STEM Magnet has the potential to be great, but the administration and the district could get a little more behind it. There was a LOT of scheduling confusion at the beginning of the year leading and the Magnet really needs a source of funding for all the technology needed for the electives they offer and would like to offer, but which really make the Magnet an outstanding choice in high schools on the west side. The teachers seem very enthusiastic and willing to give. It would be nice if the school could figure out how to count the engineering classes as "science" as it is very difficult to meet all the A-G requirements, PE and an elective in 9th and 10th grades with only 6 periods to schedule.

Posted September 14, 2013
I am a current graduate from the Venice High School Global Language Magnet class of 2013 and I am now a college student at California State University of Northridge. The Venice Magnet is a a great school and the community is wondeful.The counselor Ms.Roche-blair is amazing!! At VEnice you will always find help if you ask for it. You won't regret sending your child here. Me and my two sisters graduated from Venice (2012 and 2013) and know my cousin started hoing here this school year as a freshman and he loves the school already. GO GONDOS!!!

Posted October 12, 2012
My boys are freshman in The Global Language Magnet. They are loving it. The teachers have been amazing. The Magnet Office - Ms Markussen and Ms Roche Blair are supportive, helpful, and knowledgeable. My boys play waterpolo and are enjoying that too. They are getting a well rounded education. We are very happy to be a Venice and a part of the Global Language Magnet.

Posted October 11, 2012
So far so good! Our child is a freshman in the Global Languages magnet. All but one teacher seems fantastic and the remaining is improving. Swim team is a wonderful, community-spirited environment. There are an impressive number of awfully nice kids attending this school: such a lovely, supportive community. These kids, and these teachers, really, really leave me feeling impressed. All the teachers we've seen so far, are dedicated to developing broad-ranging, thoughtful curricula, relevant to the world at large as well as the subject's technical academic specifics. But we always figured this local school just down the road was a hidden treasure. What a great place. We feel lucky to live in the neighborhood.

Posted July 20, 2012
Both my children attend Venice High School and we are very happy. The Magnet program is a very competitive course of study that is preparing them well for a college experience. The people and friends made are great involved and caring. I can't give Venice enough kudos! Go Gondos!

Posted July 19, 2012
I am a current graduate (Class of 2012) from Venice High School, and I had a great experience as a student there. One word that describes this school is diverse. Students are of various ethnici backgrounds and have a wide range of interests. Most interact well with others, so there aren't any "cliques" like how high school is unfortunately perceived in movies. I also had very helpful teachers and amazing friends whom I will never forget! In addition Venice offers a variety of extracurricular activities and sports, which students come to enjoy very much. Most of the sport teams, such as football and volleyball, are very competitive. The school also has a high quality student-run newspaper and a great music program (both of which I was part of). Several AP classes are offered in preparation for colleges and universities. I know many students there who have been accepted to excellent colleges, such as Berkeley and Yale. Overall, Venice High School (in my perspective) has a nice "movie-like" campus without the movie ideals (cliques, fancy campus food, etc.). I definitely learned a lot from this school itself along with MOST of the academics.

Posted July 19, 2012
Congratulations to Venice HS's Super Shop 9 graphic communications students for winning 1st place in the 2012 PIASC Graphics Academic Challenge. For their efforts, the graphic communications department received $5000 worth of Apple computer equipment and the winning student received a $1000 college scholarship.

Posted July 19, 2012
Our 3rd out of 3 children just recently graduated. All three children had positive experiences. They were enrolled in the Foreign Language magnet and participated in sports, music, service organizations and clubs. Our kids got involved and really felt like they were a part of the community being in their local public high school. Each child attended a UC after high school.

Posted June 11, 2012
I am the parent of a graduating senior from the Community School. He has received an excellent education, has made wonderful friends, has been able to compete in two varsity sports and other extracurricular activities. He has been accepted at the college of his choice, one of (if not the) most selective public undergraduate business schools in California, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. I don't thnk he could have received a better overall educational experience period. My other child is in the Magnet program. Both are great. You don't have to be in the Magnet to get a great education at Venice. The Community School is developing some very interesting programs especially in Science, Engineering and Technology.

Venice Senior High School
13000 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90066
Last modified Venice Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venice Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top