Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Vermont Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted October 30, 2015
Don't get me wrong Vermont is a good school with Great teachers. I just don't like the way the current principal is running the school. This scool year both my kids have been having problems with other students, when I spoke with the principal I got the run around. Nothing was solved. I hope next scool year we get a new principal.

Posted December 08, 2013
I culminated from Vermont Elementary in 2007. I would say that overall my memories were good ones. The staff keeps a good eye on its students since they have implemented cameras. The reason why I do not give Vermont Elementary 5 stars is because there were 2 particular teachers who lacked involvement and were extremely biased. My favorite teacher however is and will always be, Ms. Vallecio, an amazing person and educator.

Posted November 04, 2013
Last year when I started taking my son to this school, I really disliked it. Perhaps, the changed of the principal this year and more involvement of parents have made things are changing for the better. Small school with SOME great teachers. Things are looking up!

Posted January 19, 2013
My daughter and son both have attented Vermont since kindergarden, and I really like the principal (Mrs.Cortez). She is very hands on and always around to answer any questions. She knows the students' names and their parents. I for one was suprised when she knew me and who my kids were. I feel she's always putting extra efforts into making this school better. Her hard work shows :) So far the teachers I know are good and caring.

Posted October 14, 2012
This is my son's first year at Vermont and we're very happy with the school. The teachers and principal are extremely supportive and willing to talk to parents and resolve any concerns.

Posted October 11, 2012
it was the best school. while i was there i am a fifth grader in a different school now.

Posted September 10, 2012
My child's best teacher was Mrs. Peroly. She helped her learn English and was always there for any questions. The best principle was Miss Debarry, She was always by the gate greeting parents and the new one is no where to be foumd in the yard.

Posted July 26, 2012
I'm currently a sophmore in high school and culminated from the 5th grade here back in 2008. I attended ever since kindergarten I can honestly say that I love this school. The teachers were honestly amazing. Ms.Robertson (Not sure if she is still there) Ms.Sande, & Ms.Philips. The rest of my teachers left the school. They were all so caring, sweet. They really care about your childs education. I had a great experience that I will never forget. I made some of my closest friends here. I love this school so much. I think I was leaving the school when Ms.Cortez came in but I honestly did not like her much. Ms.Deberry was the best strict but understanding.

Vermont Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2010
I really dislike the new principal, Ms. Brenda Cortez. When the former principal, Ms. Deberry was there, she was outside greeting students in the morning and afterschool in the afternoons. If I passed the new principal on the street, I wouldn't even know who she is. The only contact I've had with her was a phone conversation where she was extremely short and treated me and my child as if we had committed a major crime for a minor issue. I'm getting constant calls from the nurse and other school officials of my children being sick and needing to go home. I had to take them to the doctor and get a release to stop the constant calls. And the asst. principal, Ms. Brown is doing all the work at this campus as well as dividing her time on another campus. Love the school, hate the new principal!

Posted June 09, 2007
This is a good school. My child's best teachers were Mr. Sanchez and Ms. Phillips, they were very concerned and involved in their teaching. My child excelled greatly within these two teacher's classes. My only problem with Vermont Elementary was that my child, from time to time, had things stolen.

Vermont Avenue Elementary School
1435 West 27th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90007-2137
Last modified Vermont Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vermont Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top