Los Angeles, CA

Posted December 08, 2014
Our two children have attended pre-k, kindergarten and first grade at Vine Street. As Caucasians we wondered if being the 1% would present any problems for us or our children. But the staff and other parents made us feel right at home and the principal Mr. Stehr is the best you could hope for. Being in the middle of Hollywood this school offers a wonderful refuge for the children and is a beacon of light for the community. Go waste your money on private school if you want, but you don't need to. This is a public school we feel proud to call Our school.

Posted August 06, 2014
Both of my kids attend this school. We love the warm and inviting staff/teachers. Mr.Stahr has been the best principal. He truly is good at his job and the kids love him. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted October 24, 2011
My 2 kids have been attending Vine ES for 1 yr now and they have improved so much in every category compare to when they were attending Logan ES. The teachers at Vine are so helpful and somehow they are doing a grea job because I am amased on how much my daughters have learned. The only little problem I have is with LA's Best they need to be more organized for when parents pick up their children. It will be very helpfull if they keep all the sign in logs at the entrance of the building and have 2 people there one having the parents sign and the other calling through the walkie talkie to send the student down instead of having to go to different classes to find my daughters. Other than this Vine ES is the best school that my children have attended. Keep up the good work teachers and staff. I appreciate everyone including staff from LA's best because they are so nice and polite.

Vine Street Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2009
I have 3 kids going to this school, been araund for the last 10 years, and never seen anything like this year , there is agroup of parents working so hard that really makes a difference. so far we had 2 events halloween and thanksgiving just great...the school looked so festive and the kids so happy, what a diffence from others years and is all done by creative parents! good for everybody keep up the great job! you are making a better vine.

Posted August 25, 2009

Vine Street Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2009
When they changed their principal at the start of school year 2008-2009, a lot of changes, mostly positive happened. He started a monthly recognition program that just motivated my 3 kids to excel in their studies and behavior. They have had musical concerts, math & spelling bee contests which I think are great steps towards molding wholistic educated individuals. I guess the space and funds support are what hinders for sports program to flourish. However, having taken small steps on the academic base, that dream of being athletically rounded may not be far off. I am just a happy and contented parent.

Posted July 02, 2009

Posted June 04, 2008

Vine Street Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2008
focus more on sports rather than academics and students' behavior. So if your kids are not athletes,this is not the school for your kid.

Vine Street Elementary School 0

Posted December 02, 2007
My child is new to this school and by far, I have encountered positive experiences with the staff. I have had a discrepancy or two and I must admit that the principal and many others are very professional, helpful, and on top of things. They go out of their way to get parents involved and they do a great job in keeping parents informed. My child has never been happier and that tells me they're doing something right. It makes me proud to say my child attends Vine St. Elementary.

Vine Street Elementary School
955 North Vine Street, Los Angeles, CA  90038
Last modified Vine Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vine Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top