Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 25, 2015
Warner is an incredible neighborhood public school! We have a wonderful, inspiring new Principal this year (2015-2016) who has reinvigorated our community with her warm and welcoming spirit. Our teachers are dedicated professionals who care a lot about their students. Lastly, the families who attend Warner are very supportive of our school. Parents are very involved in fundraising so that every teacher in grades K-5th has a TA and we also raise funds to pay for a computer teacher, art, science and a full-time PE coach. Warner is a very special school and we feel lucky to send our daughters there!

Posted August 12, 2015
We are thrilled to be starting a new year at Warner! There already seems to be a feeling of renewed energy in our community because of the new principal. She is welcoming, eloquent, and seems to have a genuine interest in bettering the lives of our children.

Warner Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2015
We went to the open house a few months ago. We have considered Warner for a while since this is our community school. We left feeling less than certain about the attitude of the principal. While we are sure that the children and parents are lovely, we left questioning the administration. Therefore, we no longer feel this school is a good fit for us.

Posted April 02, 2015
We have two kids at Warner and have proudly been a part of the school for over 4 years. We completely disagree with the prior post in all respects, especially with respect to "tension" amongst groups of parents and students. In our experience, the school is academically excellent and each of the several teachers that our children have had have been exceptional. In addition, we have found Warner to be a nurturing environment for our kids and have found the vast majority of the parents to be friendly and very involved with school activities. Many (if not most) of the parents at Warner can afford to send their children to a private school but choose Warner for a variety of reasons including a diverse student body and friendly atmosphere. If you are looking for a school with a homogeneous student body and snobby parents, Warner is not for you. However, if you are looking for a terrific local school with active parents, exceptional teachers, with great emphasis on academics, then Warner is an easy choice.

Warner Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2014
Warner ES has declined significantly since the new principal arrived in 2010. She has instituted absurd rules such as "no running", "no imaginary play" and practically tethered the kids to the benches during recess and lunch. The school has essentially become a prison where the kids are required to do a tremendous amount of rote memorization in anticipation of state tests, but virtually no free thinking or creative thought. Even in art classes, the kids are instructed to draw the same thing as the teacher rather than expressing themselves. The children mostly come from high-achieving, affluent backgrounds and, therefore, the parents are usually involved and the kids are motivated to do well. However, the restrictive environment grinds the students down regardless of their achievements. Plus, as with many schools on the west side of LA and Beverly Hills adjacent, there is a virtual culture war between Persian families and non-Persians. The two sides don't mix well - as parents or children - leaving one to feel estranged by the mere act of attending a birthday party. This is a sad review for me to write. Warner used to be fantastic but has now fallen far and hard.

Posted August 07, 2013
They have an excellent summer program. Very good crew for various classes, such as magic, cooking, etc. Highly recommended.

Posted January 10, 2013
Excellent school. My daughter attended K and a half a year of 1st grade. We only took her out of the school because we decided to move. While my daughter is attending another excellent school, it's from comparison. Warner's classroom is clean, orderly and the academics are great. I didn't appreciate Warner as much as I do now because I have something to compare it to.

Posted November 24, 2012
What are you parents thinking??? Neither do I donate any money, nor pay the yearly requested funds, due to my own financial difficulty. But, ALL the teachers AND staff AND Principal KNOW AND TREAT ME ROYALLY, and they all treat me with LOVE and RESPECT. There's obviously a misunderstanding between school needing $$ and them requiring it from you. Warner is known as well as PRIVATE SCHOOLS, and students are accepted EVERYWHERE! You're crazy to leave, or not enroll.

Warner Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2012
While looking into this school I was told that in order for my child to attend this so-called public school, we needed to pay the Parent "Organization" $1500. This is appalling. Upper Middle Class white people who prefer not to spend their "hard earned" income on private school collaborating to take advantage of the tax payers public system and collectively discriminate against people of lower socio-economic satus.

Posted June 01, 2012
The last comment is absolutely unfair and not true. My son was there for 2 years (4th and 5th grades). We are not wealthy and were never forced to give the school any money or were made feel uncomfortable in anyway. Not just that, but I remember the class helping (anonymously) a family that did not have funds for Christmas gifts. My son loooooves the school, and my husband and I as well. The academics are superb, the teachers great! The one thing we did not like about the school was the school yard - all cement!

Warner Avenue Elementary School
615 Holmby Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90024
Last modified Warner Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warner Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 92 reviews. Top