Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
I went 2 this school & i never had a problem with any 1 @ the school. 2 me Washington is the best High School I ever went 2. I spent my last 2 years there & it was the best 2 years of my life.

Posted May 15, 2013
This school is horrible! I called the front office because my daughter called me saying someone was trying to jump her and then they never even checked on her nothing! my daughter got jumped and all they said was sorry its horrible I will never recommend lauds to turn it into a green dot school they actually listen to you not like this school !

Posted September 21, 2009
When I first started teaching at WPHS, I was scared! The students seemed rowdy and the teachers seemed unwelcoming. Here I am 5 years later and still there. I love this school. The majority of the teachers at Washington Preparatory are there because of their love for the students, and many will go above and beyond for them. The students are many times misunderstood but when given a chance and a little push in the right direction they often flourish right before ones eyes. This the most amazing thing to witness and often reinforces the reason why one becomes a teacher. Love the Prep. and all that it has to offer.

Posted April 20, 2009
I used to attend this high school back in 9th and 10th grade, this is a really horrible school. the parents and teachers dont know what the students have to go through everyday day..the adults dont know anything..

Posted February 27, 2008
My son now attends Washington Prep., And I could'nt be happier. People should'nt judge things they don't know about. I love the way all the students who play sports support each othe, the students at Washington (who particpate) in the schools activities are truley family! I'm proud to say my children attend Washington Prep! the magnet schools is the greatest. Go prep!! and as I stated before if the student wants to learn he will, parents and schools have got to work together!

Posted September 01, 2007
My daughter attended here as a Freshman. The school magnet programs seems to be a good one. She earned excellent grades, 4.0 GPA. Her teachers, whom I met and spoke to seem to be very much interested in helping her and all there students to achieve beyond there dreams. The school has good potential and with the new principal I think we can expect a lot of great changes here at Washington.

Posted July 09, 2007
I attended Washington High School and I do believe that the staff contributed greatly to make me who I am today. Although the people in the school may not all be perfect, but there are great staff like Ms. Pointdexter Lamont who pushed the students to push past their current circumstances and helped us realize that staff, your parents, mentors, ect. can only do so much encouraging, but we have to do the work. Today, I am parent to 18 girls in a group home as school liaison advocating for foster girls that are in LAUSD schools and who have similar challenges as Washington has. I feel it is a priveledge to encourage these girls to look beyond statistics and seek to change these statistics. I'm sure the school as a whole can use improvement, but I am so proud to be apart of the legacy of Washington High School.

Posted June 11, 2007
I have 3 children that have graduated from Washington. I have had a few disappoints as far as leadership and contacting the chain of command for different issues in the past. I can say that I have noticed an improvement since the latest principal's arrival, however I don't believe I will be allowing my other 2 children to attend.

Posted February 05, 2007
As a new teacher, I learned how to become a strong, effective teacher at WPHS. The students are amazingly unique and talented; I miss them greatly.

Posted September 23, 2006
As a senior at George Washington Prep, I've seen the transition from tracks, to tradition, now to block scheduling. A few things have changed for the better. I have books for everyone of my classes and I'm finally being challenged. But my biggest concern now is what will happen to those of us who have to apply in the fall without all of our classes. Meaning, we have four classes each semester, I, for example am taking AP Literature, advanced Calculus, Music Tech, and Advanced. Band. What will happen when I apply and Government isn't on my transcript. The new schedule is helpful for those who need to make up classes but what about those who needed to have just the six classes all year long.

10860 South Denker Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90047-4622
Last modified George Washington Preparatory High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Preparatory High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top