Posted August 11, 2013
New LA is a wonderful school! It offers a great environment for children to learn and be part of the community. It's a great place for children to grow and become better persons!

Posted August 07, 2013
This was my daughter's first choice for middle school. As a student, she has thrived at New Los Angeles and I would attribute this to the attention she received from her teachers and the staff. The small school environment helped her make a successful transition. She became involved in student government, served as a school ambassador and made honor roll - all things I never thought my daughter would do. She has a genuine interest in doing well in school and being a good citizen both in and out of school. She wants New LA to expand to high school so that she doesn't have to leave! As a parent, I appreciate how well the school communicates with me about my daughter's academic and emotional growth. There are lots of opportunity for involvement and I am impressed with just how well everyone at the school knows my daughter. She had a great sixth grade year and is looking forward to seventh grade. We couldn't be happier with New Los Angeles.

Posted August 06, 2013
I'm very pleased with the education my kids have received at New Los Angeles. The teachers are outstanding, very supportive, and offer challenging and exciting course work. I appreciate that extra help is always available to those who need it. I'm especially impressed with the scope of work in humanities and science. It's wonderful that they're able to keep class sizes so small as it creates a far superior learning environment. The principal is fantastic and really has a grasp of what is going on with the kids at any given time. Teachers and staff are very accessible, and that's a great plus of a small school like New LA. So far it's been a tremendously positive academic experience for both my kids.

Posted August 05, 2013
The growth that I have seen in my 2 girls has been exceptional! They both have a voice & an opinion & have been supported by their peers to speak out & say what they are thinking & their articulation makes me so proud & envious of what I feel they have gotten compared to what I was taught growing up. But that is a good thing. It is not stagnant & the approach to teaching is inspiring for me to see & hear the excitement almost daily as to what they did in class each day. Kudos New LA...Where is the High School?

Posted December 19, 2012
This is our third year at New LA and it has been the best year of the three by far. The school put in a new program for intensive help for kids who need it. And for the advanced students (such as my daughter), they are doing foreign language and advanced math and journalism. Don't get stuck on test scores. It's weird, the overall scores of the school went down, but the program is much improved and my daughter (and her friends) got advanced scores on the CSTs. My wife and I really love this school, and it's the teachers that make it so special. They love and care about my daughter, but really push her with some really advanced work.

Posted August 05, 2012
I have been a parent at the school since its inception. It is a daunting task to find a great school for your child. Our greatest fear was our wonderful daughter getting lost in a big middle school. By attending New LA she really blossomed into a wonderfully prepared student for HS. Great administration, great teachers, supporting parents, diverse school population, smaller class sizes and, compared to some larger MS, wonderfully behaved students. After sending our oldest to New LA we now have two more of our childrent attending. This school is a jewel within LAUSD. After saying all that, is the school perfect? Before answering that question please let me know of a school that is. I will say that it is refreshing to have teachers and administration return your calls the same day. Is it the school for everyone, maybe not. Currently hey don't have a large sports field or a music program. What they do offer is a good education and a safe place for our ladies to grow. That is most important thing to us.

Posted July 02, 2012
New Los Angeles Charter has provided our son with a stimulating and highly academic curriculum in an intimate environment. By keeping the class sizes small it provides the opportunity for the teachers to work closely with each student unlike current middle schools in LAUSD which have 35-40 students per class. Also the cultural diversity at New Los Angeles has given our son a broad understanding of the world we live in. New Los Angeles embraces each student so that they will have the tools to succeed academically and socially. We feel that New Los Angeles has provided our son with a top notch education which excels beyond even that of a private school.

Posted June 29, 2012
Our son was in the first sixth grade class at New LA. In 8th grade he got into LACES and we reluctantly transferred him so his high school placement would be assured. After one semester we came back for the far more differentiated and nurturing educational environment that New LA provides.

Posted December 11, 2011
i go here and the teachers are engaged with the students and we get together and have meetings and then we are very engaged in class with smart boards they provide us with the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) <3 <3 <3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Posted September 11, 2011
I am searching for a good Middle school in Los angeles Area. Many parents have recommended me about this school

New Los Angeles Charter School
1919 S. Burnside Ave., Los Angeles, CA  90016
Last modified New Los Angeles Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Los Angeles Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top