Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Posted May 13, 2014
This is an awesome school! The faculty and teachers are super involved, professional, and care about the curriculum that they are teaching. All of my friends and I who go here love it!

Magnolia Science Academy 4 School 1

Posted January 12, 2014
A worse school. I am a student at msa4 hopefully a former student! Can't tolerate the kids and teachers the kids. They are demons!!! In the acadamic year of 2012~2013 i was beatin down by 6~7 students. Before that i had experienced 4 cramps!!! 4 teachers witnessed and one reported. To make the story short i was than detected with JUVENILE RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, LUPUS, PANNICULITIES, AND UVEITIS!!! In the acadamic year 2013~2014 the kids can bully infront of the teacher and tje teachers dont say a thing!! I have had to report 3~4 teachers to my medical social worker. The lack of homework and the unproffesionalism that the teachers show ( some!! ) the history teacher hates history! this is a uniform required school and the dean/principal stated that if you want to wear it, wear it or otherwise u dont have to. So please choose well where you are going to put your kids!!

Magnolia Science Academy 4 School 4

Posted July 25, 2013
I love this school, all the teachers are great and really care about your education. One of the awesome things i love about this school is that since the school has very few students, all the students are social and you become friends with a lot of people within your first few weeks there.

Posted September 21, 2012
MSA 4 is a Great School!!! My child has been here for the past four years, she is now in High School here at MSA4, and the teachers continue to really care & prepare them for after high school! They have FREE afterschool tutoring, sports programs, and many other program available to them. The school is small & it's not for everybody! If you want your child have a great educational experience... MSA4 is for your child!

Posted September 21, 2012
My son and I have been a part of the Magnolia family for 4 years. He previously attended Magnolia Science Academy 6 when it started in 2009, thus being a part of the first graduating 8th grade class this past June, 2012. One of the main reasons I have chosen to maintain his enrollment at MSA-4 is because of the small size setting of the school, as well as a low number of students in each class/subject. I feel that this type of enviornment has better suited my son since leaving elementary school. My son has flourished in all his subjects since entering 9th grade at MSA-4 and will continue his high school education here until his graduation from the 12th grade. As a active parent volunteer, I have no complaints on how the school operates on a daily basis, I feel that the staff is honestly dedicated to educate and prepare the students to graduate and to attend college.

Posted December 15, 2011
I ve been at MSA-4 for 3 years now (I am now an eighth grader), and it s a great experience. I ve had many fantastic opportunities at this school. For all 3 years I ve been here, I was invited to participate in the all MSA science fair and the LA County Science Fair! Last year, I traveled to Turkey along with two other classmates of mine to participate in one of the international science Olympiads, INEPO. We even ended up winning a bronze medal, competing against 50 countries! I wouldn t have had that incredible experience if it weren t for MSA! I love how involved the teachers are. They offer free tutoring after school, and they make sure we understand what is being taught. They re really kind, and you can always go to them if you need help in class, or just want advice about life in general! CoolSIS, a website that you can log on to 24/7 that allows you to check your grades, and the parents also have an account where they have access. This school is fantastic, and I advise you to send your kids here! They ll get an amazing education, make lifelong friends, and enjoy learning. :)

Posted December 15, 2011
I am currently an eighth grader in Magnolia Science Academy-4. I have attended this school for three years now and each year has been wonderful. This school has many opportunities to be a successful student. Our school might be small, but it has many of amazing people and it s a great environment to work in. We have a fantastic advanced math program here at MSA-4, called AMSP (advanced math and science program). I ve been it since 6th grade, and we learn a lot and have oodles of fun! It s challenging, and helps motivate and encourage talented students to pursue math and science careers later in life. We develop good thinking skills and even get to compete in prestigious math competitions on a regional, state, and international level. I encourage you to send your child here to MSA-4.

Posted December 15, 2011
MSA-4 is a great school. I have been here for 3 years and plan to come back for high school. The main reason I like this school is because we are all like a family. The school is not that big so everybody knows everybody and the teachers are really nice. Ms. Daco has made Science really fun and Ms. Cheng has made Math easier to understand. We have a lot of fun activities at school too. We just had a Teachers vs. Students Soccer Game and Volleyball Game. We have many clubs like Student Council and basketball, and so many more. This school is really fun, and is my home.

Magnolia Science Academy 4 School 1

Posted November 26, 2011
I had higher hopes for this school. Unfortunately it's not academically challenging. No wonder so many kids like it. It's remedial at best. There is ALOT of bullying, though the principal and dean address it. There's so much foul language in class, not just by the bullies, but by some of the teachers as well. The principal is super nice, but he has his hands full and is doing his best to get it on track. The well behaved kids who are interested in learning and building a strong academic foundation are side tracked because of the disruptive bullies in class demanding the teachers' attention and many (kind) but inexperienced teachers who lack the presence of authority necessary to manage a classroom. Pros: Nice principal & teachers. Cons: Not academically challenging, excessive bullying.

Magnolia Science Academy 4 School 4

Posted August 20, 2011
My kids love Magnolia!!! The teachers are very involved with the students and parents.My kids love the one on one with their teachers. Magnolia has helped my kids build confidence!!! Lets not forget the amazing Europe trips and fields trips. Thanks Ms.Karen, Ms.Cheng, Mr.Smith, Ms.Daco cons: the lunch is horrible/need a new english teacher... not challenging the student with writing assignments& vocabulary etc. / need more electives courses

Magnolia Science Academy 4 School
11330 West Graham Pl., Los Angeles, CA  90064
Last modified Magnolia Science Academy 4 School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Magnolia Science Academy 4 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top