Bad
Good

The teachers are extremely dedicated to the children. The children excel in comparison to surrounding area schools. There is traditional activities at this school that have been taken away at surrounding public schools like fall festivals and holiday programs and musicals. This year there are more students being added to the school from public school. There was a lottery to get in the past. I hope it doesn't disrupt the balance and the atmosphere of the school. The teachers expect parents who are involved and push their kids to achieve rather than take a back seat to their child's education.

This school is really Awesome! Great atmosphere, the teachers are truly dedicated, responsive, caring and accommodating. ......" Karla Martinez's parent."

This is my sixth year with WLC. Although it has had a few ups and downs it is an all around good school. I would highly recomend it!

This school would be great if they get a new principal. She has put this school in a unsafe environment. They chained lock gates. Parents are not allowed on campus to drop off or pick our kids. There is no where to park to pick up our kids and the principal calls parking enforcement on the parents when there is no parking and we can't even get on campus to get our kids. Big headache not a good school at all.

I believe Watts Learning Center is doing a great job with our children. I have several kids in varying grades and I have seen them grow academically, emotionally, socially and culturally. I must disagree with a previous review about the lack of health awareness, physical fitness and too much homework. The school provides PE at least once a week for each grade level and they have am & pm recess everyday. Although this is not a lot, it is more than most schools. As for the homework, my children manage to complete most assignments within a hour and are able to spend time outside and participate in bowling, dance, cheer and girl scouts through out the week and weekend. I don't believe it is fair to blame the school for overweight children, we as parents are responsible for setting acceptable activity levels and healthy eating habits.

This is my childs 2nd year at WLC. Great school but it does not provide a balanced overall growth process for children. Very little to no efforts are spent providing children with health awareness or physical fitness. Many children at WLC are over weight due to excessive homework that creates no opprotunity for the child to participate in any outside activities that would stimulate exercise.

This is my first year at the WLC and I have a child in Kindergarten (Ms. Fords class). The school is amazing! Not only do they push EVERY single child to achieve the recognize students specialized needs and adjust to them as needed be it extra time and attention to raising up the grade level assignments. Ms. Ford is an amazing teacher involved in every possible way. The teachers here take an interest in the success of the students beyond teh role of a job but truly love being educators The principle works with students and teachers. EVERY SINGLE person involved with the school is active. A better place could not be possible for MY child!

I am so thankfulto be a part of the watts learning center family. My oldest child jus graduated from the fith grade and my 4 year old will start in the fall. I love watts learning center.

I love its commitment, effectiveness, and the population that it serves.

I Love Watts Learning Center... My child is in 4th grade and we just returned from a International Trip to S. Africa..... what can I say, I dont know of any other school sending 4th and 5th graders around the world. (It was wonderful) also I like the fact that they require much parent participation because thats what helps our kids succeed. The incident with the DJ playing non- appropriate music at fall festival, I fault the person who hired the DJ they should have reminded him to keep it Top Ten but clean. No school is perfect, test scores are high. Founders, Principle, Staff and the 4 Teachers my child had are all Great.

Last modified Watts Learning Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.