Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Icef Vista Elementary Academy 4

Posted April 17, 2014
ICEF VISTA is a great school they hace wonderfull teachers. Mr. G mez is working hard for the school, my daugther is so happy to be in this school.

Icef Vista Elementary Academy 2

Posted November 16, 2013
Not enough fun time for the kids. Kids need fun time as well not just overwhelmed with work and too much homework so no fun time at home either. They use to have music & yoga when school first opened and they haven't had it for years. So a bit deceiving to get us parents to enroll our kids & to think it is a better school. It's an ok school. Needs improvement.

Icef Vista Elementary Academy 4

Posted September 10, 2013
This is a great school, in a diverse community. The staff and teachers are extremely helpful.

Posted August 09, 2013
This is a great school. My son became a student here last year and he has stated that he likes the kids, the teachers and the administrators. This is big coming from a boy who doesn't like school very much. The school is well organized, has wonderful and active parent involvement, along with caring and knowledgable teachers. The teachers generally work as a team to provide the students with the best possible environment to learn.

Posted October 17, 2012
I am amazed about the review that was given about Ms Castaneda, Mrs. Aquayo and Mrs Cerda. This disoriented unintellectual parent has distorted the truth. My daughter had the privilege of being in Ms Castaneda"s class and to this day, the values she acquired Is and will continue to be instrumental in her life. Ms Castaneda is precise and requires her students to attain a high level of respect and values. These teachers use their own funds to accommodate the underprivileged students .I have observed Mrs Aquayo utilizing her own time after school assisting students who requires tutoring. ICEF Vista is close to my heart... It is a family oriented school with an awesome faculty. I just wish more parents would volunteer!!

Icef Vista Elementary Academy 1

Posted May 28, 2012
This school has no support to the students, that require special needs to learn. I am very upset that this school did not take any measures to ensure my child's safety from bullying from other students.

Icef Vista Elementary Academy 3

Posted March 20, 2012
My child has flourished at this school. The staff is attentive to our needs and I have not experienced any racism pertaining to non-Hispanics. My child is not the best student, but tries very hard and the teacher has given him tutoring after school. I went to a Learning center for assessments and they said he is above average in his grade level! So the educational work standards are higher. I'd like to see where our students average locally, since we can't compare to out of state students as I don't plan on moving out of area. I can't compare schools since this is our first school. I have not seen a lot of parent involvement in the classrooms, just outside volunteering. This maybe due to the dominate Hispanic language barrier....

Posted February 28, 2012
I am shocked to find such a low rating for this school! I have two children who have started attending this school year. I was looking for a better school for them and I most certainly found it. I not only found an exellent educational institution but I also found a new family. Parent Involvement and individualized attention by the teachers and staff members makes me feel like my kids are capable of reaching their maximum potential here. Taking into consideration that its a small school, the kids get the most out of their educational experience. Greatly recommend it. Its a bit of a drive for us, but it is so worth it. I couldn't think of having my kids go anywhere else.

Icef Vista Elementary Academy 1

Posted May 27, 2011
its the wrust teachers ever. all are relatied to the office manger. they do what ever they want. speaking spanish all day.they are so so so mean to kids that are not hispanic.especlale ms.agyuo and ms.castenyra, and the office manger ms.cereda they all have bad aduitteds to the parents and kids who are not hispanic. there is no security at all. no manegment at all.never responded to any of the emails we send. they are so rasis. i really hope that they all get layed off soon. and close the school down.( i will let the school destriced know).

Icef Vista Elementary Academy 3

Posted April 04, 2011
While the principal and the teachers of this school are excellent, the student body is approximately 99% Hispanic. Most of the children are learning English at school because their parents don't speak English at all. My child is lagging way behind in his education than his cousin who is in the same grade across the country. At first, I thought it was just in language, but it's in math too. It's really too bad because otherwise the school offers the idea of every child heading to college, and some great programs like art and music that aren't offered in the regular public school. The parents are required to volunteer their time, but otherwise the parents don't really lead the way in making the school a better place. It's more like free labor to clean the classrooms.

Icef Vista Elementary Academy
4471 Inglewood Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90066
Last modified Icef Vista Elementary Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Icef Vista Elementary Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top