Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2014
Do not send your child here. This school is horrible!!! If you want your child to go to a school where there is no bullying, caring teachers, and a safe environment. This is NOT the school for you!

Posted October 10, 2013
My daughter just started this school year in kindergarten, and if have seen my daughter just blossom! Her love for learning is intoxicating! The staff is always available when you need to speak with them, and my daughter just loves to go to school, EVERYDAY! Thank You!

Posted February 10, 2013
Excellent staff and great education. I know that my child is being prepared for college. He can read anything and he is only in kindergarten. The principal is committed to each child and seems to love her job. I highly recommend the school !

Posted April 30, 2012
My 2nd grader and has been attending since K. I have seen consistent progress in how the staff finds a way to make things better for the students. From the Director Mrs. Pope on down to the TA's each staff member puts their best foot forward and genuinely cares about the success of the students. When my scholar has had challenges the staff has been right there to assist her in overcoming them. The Parent Liaison Ms. Taylor works closely with parents to keep us in the loop regarding the school and events. It is through the determination of the staff that this school is successful, leaving no stone unturned to find ways to accomplish their goals. This school is geared towards parent involvement and is highly recommended for those that want to be a part of their child s learning and success. With the implementation of the razkids reading tools, students are able to practice reading at home which 1) helps them move faster through their reading levels and 2) gives them something educational to do at home and ultimately makes them better readers. The schools stresses success by using positive acumen like referring to all students and scholars and placing positive quotes on documents.

Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2010
the principal is wonderfful Mrs. Pope Is familiar with each and everfy student in her school and their parents. When she is presented with our concerns she address them and does not ignore them. The staff she chose to teach our children are absolutely wonderful. My child loves her school and has learned to focus so much beteer since attending Lou Dantzler Prepatory Elementary. I give them an A.

Posted May 21, 2010
I love Lou Dantzler Prep! The staff, the students, and the mission. My child loves coming to school and is challenged. The principal is very hands on and knows each and every student and parent. I highly recommend it!

Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2010
This is my childs second and last year at Lou Dantzler Elementary. I had several issues with the school last year, but decided to return because the school was just starting out. BIG MISTAKE! I found that no improvements had been made. These children have gone through an entire school year without books! Parent notifications are ALWAYS given at the last minute with numerous gramatical and puncuation errors (not a good look for a school). While there is an open door policy, I found communicating with the Director was/is a mute point because I was never given a logical explanation or resolution for any of my concerns. Lou Dantzler could be a great school under different leadership. The last progress reports were about 2 weeks late due to "being busy". The teachers on the other hand are very hardworking and dedicated but have their hands tied.

Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
My son is in his 2nd year at Lou Dantzler. I will admit that the school could have been a bit more organized last year, but they were also in their first year. What they do have is a very dedicated teaching staff, which is led by a strong principal/director Mrs. Pope. This year, they school started offering Saturday school for those students who were interested in improving their writting skills as well as additional tutoring for those students that need the extra boost. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted November 10, 2009
My daughter is in her second year at LDPES and I am very satisfied with the education that she has received and continues to received. I love that I could visit the campus and Principal at anytime of day that I want without having an appointment or setting up a meet and greet. LDPES has an open door policy and I love that. I also love the way that the staff knew every single scholar who attended as well as there parents. My daughter had perfect attendance last year and that was because she was so happy about the school and staff that she always wanted to go no matter how sick she was. I can go on and on about how great the school is but I'll be writing for day's. I'm gonna end this by saying Go Bulls...

Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2009
Extremely unorganized, lacking communication skills, very little parental involvement and no support system

Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School
5940 South Budlong Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90044
Last modified Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lou Dantzler Preparatory Charter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top