Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

the communication between the faculty could be better in the front office and the update on the website about events going on in the school need to be more frequent

This school is excellent ever since the new principal has been there for this past year Dr. Sims. She has changed the school in many ways for the better. And she is very understanding. I am always at the school and the open door policy is great as well. My son is in a very great class and he knows a lot more then someone else his age because of great teachers like Ms. Floryan. Ms Ausby is also a great teacher. The school is a safe school. Which is a great thing and they have opportunities for parents to interact with the child and teacher. So please don't think this school is a bad school It starts at home. The teacher cant do everything the parent has to be involved in their child's schooling as well in order for the student to b successful.

This school has a great principal and assistant principle they have a open policy. Their parent center has proved to be a great resource for my school age children and I. Their parent involvement has increased and they have 100 years of experience under their belt. Their overall student progress is improving and I have heard of plans set forth to improve them more.

I think it's a good school. They are doing a good job over there. The school is celebrating 100 year anniversary. How many schools have been in existence for 100 years?

I had five children who attended this school and I love it. The principal has an open door policy and even if she is in a meeting she will get back to you within 24hrs. If it's an emergency she will see on the spot. Three out my five children are now in middle and I feel like they had great start at this school.

My child went to this school, I personally liked it. Only because this school is in a bad neighborhood it doesnt mean this school is bad the students make it a bad school. My child is now in 6th grade she graduated from Western Ave. She said she liked the school and I trust her. The culmination was really great and really great,nice teachers. Everytime I used to go to parent conference my daughter's teachers were always nice asking me if there was any problems or concerns with other students and they said they never had a problem with my child.

I am not at all impressed with the academics at this school. My child is a kindergartener there I feel I ve taught her most of what she's learned this year. Part of the reason is they have her teacher has to stop teaching to translate to the spanish speakers(they should be in an ESL class). The office staff is horrible. Her teacher is nice. At best I'm receiving free day care.

Last modified Western Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.