Los Angeles, CA

Wilshire Crest Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2015
Bullying is out of control here! Not only by the students but by the parents! Even the principal complains of being bullied everyday. Parents are rude and disruptive to others. Lack of enforcement of uniform code. General apathy has taken over the campus. There are a few shining stars on the faculty, but overall it is a sincere disappointment and deteriorating.

Wilshire Crest Elementary School 2

Posted December 19, 2013
I may be moving into the area which this school serves. The 4 rating (out of 10) disturbs me. All the rave reviews for this school are written by people who don't have a full grasp of the English language. That worries me as well, as their standards may be lower than mine.

Posted March 21, 2013
I am a parent who's child is in pre-k and I could not be more pleased. The dedicated staff are continuosly developing my son's skills and abilities in and outside the classroom. I am very pleased.

Wilshire Crest Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2013
I have spent a lot of time on the campus at Wilshire Crest and can honestly say it is a very disfunctional place. This is largely a reflection of the poor leadership of it's principal. She may talk like she is taking care of things, but her follow through is very poor. I have seen students be pushed on from grade to grade without getting basic learning needs met. I have heard the principal yell at teachers, and as a result the teacher morale is extreely low here. I have heard the principal tell teachers to rule with an iron fist. As a result, teachers use a lot of negative discipline here, like yelling and taking away recess priveleges. I was shocked to hear and see that the principal rquires the students to remain quiet during lunch and if they make noise they lose recess. What happened to lunch being a time to socialize? I really want this school to improve. However, unless LAUSD big brass step in t o remedy the poor leadership here, I'm not sure if anything will change. Just look at the continual loss of enrollment here during the past 10 years. I think that the school has shrunk almost in half . Parents are opting to take their kids to other schools.

Wilshire Crest Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2012
My son has been enrolled for 2 years 2-3rd grade and my wife and I couldnt be more pleased. Every teacher is involved and he learns so much! This school's curriculum is similar to a magnet school, I'd know because I attended a magnet elem. He has advanced socially, emotionally, and also academically. I and my son, really love the after school programs too which give him more learning just on a fun level, similar to summer daycamp. oh, and they even have dances! hahaha...great school. Im sure my son will have fond memories of this school when he gets older.

Posted June 01, 2011
I am a neighbor of this school and am very pleased that the children are respectful of the school's neighboring properties.

Posted October 07, 2009
I have two children that attend wilshire crest, I am extremely pleased with the staff and the curriculum, as well as the goal for each student to attend college.

Posted April 21, 2009
My daughter has learned so much in pre k. aside from the concentration on letter recognition. My daughter can write her name and is trying to read small words. Pretty grate concidering I thought she would just work on social issues at this level. There are field trips to interesting places, and the uniforms are a wonderful plus. She has developed such confidance now that we dont have to figure out what to wear.

Posted October 01, 2008
i am a proud parent of a child attending virgil middle school who was a former wilsher crest student. ever since her teacher mr norman levine taught her in the fourth and fitth grade she has been an outstanding student with pure as and bs i am gladly thanking mrnorman levine for makeing her hopes of learning high!!-^_^

Wilshire Crest Elementary School 3

Posted September 11, 2008
I love this school as far as education. The only thing that really bothers me about this school is as soon they go back from summer vacation. They are already starting fundraisers and taking school pictures. Do they dont reliaze that I just finished buy school clothes. I dont have the money for all this. So now my kids have to be left out of doing that. I have 3 kids that go to school and right now its not easy to afford all of this right away.

Wilshire Crest Elementary School
5241 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90036
Last modified Wilshire Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilshire Crest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top