Los Angeles, CA

Windsor Hills Math Science
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 06, 2015
This school is extremely dissapointing. Windsor Hills does not live up to even the basics of potential. There are too many students that are obnoxious, dysfuntional and constantly fighting. The students that are there to learn, blossoming, mannerful and kind are being drowned out by the negative behavioral students. For children that are very impressionable, this is NOT the school to enroll in. There are teachers and staff members that are rude, disrespectful and should not be in the educational field.

Posted October 18, 2014
I am a student at Windsor Hills and kids are getting bullied, saying bad words, unkind, every grade has a fight every day and some teachers are mean.
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 02, 2013
DO NOT send your child to this school, my son started this school in 2nd grade highly above average as indicated by california standardized testing and is leaving this school going to 4th grade now at average, over the summer we will be brushing up on the skills that this school failed to provide and foster , disgusted

Windsor Hills Math Science 2

Posted May 16, 2012
DIsorganized! This stems from the principle lack of leadership, dis-organization and poor judgement. As stated in other reviews the princple only has her "pet" teachers in her best interest, fund raisers 2nd and the children last. There are a handful of great teachers but just as many poor teachers. They also allow family members of current teachers as well as the principles mother to sustitute the classes. The school is just poorly managed, which is unfortunate for a school that has so much potential.

Posted April 18, 2012
i went to Windsor Hills since Pr-k all the way to %th grade. i loved it i enjoyed all my teachers and the principal. i didnt want to grow up when i realized i would have to leave the school. This school taught me everything. i am now a freshman in college and i wish i can go back to when times where great in windsor hills. i graduated there in 2004 and here it is 2012 and im still wishing for a chance to go back and see all the loving people who molded me into the intellegent young lady i am today. I have a 6 month old son and i guarentee he will be in windsor hills if it stands. i love and miss this school and when iim done with the army i will go back and visit.- Shanice Mahone c/o 2004

Windsor Hills Math Science 4

Posted December 01, 2011
This is my son's first year at this school. He came from a school where he was bullied by both his teacher and some of the students. So this school is definitely a big jump from there. So far, things are okay. The school is very clean and the principal seems dedicated. Many of the teachers seem a little detached however. I've found that his current teacher has very short patience. I thought this was a little odd as a 4th grade instructor. I understand that teaching children is a challenge and I do acknowledge my son's lack of attention. But he's come a long way from his school last year. Teachers kept quitting or getting laid off there and my son's class had 6 teachers within one year.

Posted February 08, 2011
Windsor Hills is the best elementary school in LAUSD. The teachers and staff are pleasant and overextend themselves to parents and the children. The teachers go above and beyond to teach students and they do a great job with the home -school connection. The students are well behaved and respectful and that is a reflection of the teachers and parents influence on them. Keep up the great work!

Windsor Hills Math Science 3

Posted December 09, 2010
YES I AGREE WITH ALOT OF THESE REVIEWS,THE PRINCIPAL DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS I THINK SHE ONLY CARES ABOUT GETTING A PAY CHECK AND I HAVE HAD SEVERAL TEACHERS SAY SHES NOT GOOD AT ALL MAYBE IF THEY GET RID OF HER AND BRING SOMEONE WHO CARES ABOUT OUR KIDS AND NOT JUST ABOUT CERTAIN TEACHERS IT WOULD BE BETTER.AND SHES A BIT RUDE AND I DONT LIKE THAT AT ALL.....

Posted August 27, 2010
This school use to be a great school four years ago when my children joined the school but now is a joke.What some of the teachers care is to sell CANDY in school everyday year round in the name of fundraising. This make kids want to bring money to school everyday. My child was being bullied by a student for not bringing money to school to buy CANDY.

Posted June 07, 2010
I find the school excellent as well as the teachers and the principal.This is my childs ist year and he's loving it.It breaks my heart to leave but its because of family matters.I really dont know how to tell him that hes not coming back here.He had a great experienced academically and socially.He also found a best friend who is a very well mannered boy.I love this school.

Windsor Hills Math Science
5215 Overdale Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90043
Last modified Windsor Hills Math Science is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windsor Hills Math Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top