Los Angeles, CA

Posted November 23, 2014
For the parent who posted a review on March 30, 2014, and made a special point of first complaining about the "ignorance" of another parent who had posted a comment earlier, adding a haughty suggestion to that parent to "check your spelling"....... You wrote that "our child....has been excepted to serveral private high schools...." when you meant to write "accepted", and "we have been notified of excessing talking...." when you meant to write "excessive." Check this out: "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" Matthew 7:3

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 5

Posted June 24, 2014
My son just finished his first year at wright middle as a 6th grader. He finished with straight A's! His teachers were very good with keeping me informed with my son's progress and also where he needed to work more. The staff was always helpful whenever I had questions. I am very pleased with the school and my son enjoyed his first year and wants to return for 7th.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 4

Posted March 30, 2014
For the parent who made the last comment: Very ignorant comment on your part and check your spelling. Our child has been extremely successful for the last three years and scored a perfect score in math last year on the CST. You cannot earn that without being taught well and your child staying focused. Our child has great grades and behavior marks and has been excepted to several private high schools, passing the examination at a high percentile. Our child has never been bullied and gets along with all diverse learners. When we have been notified of excessing talking, as a family, we do not place blame on the school or other students. We teach our child to take responsibility for negative actions and to fix the situation. Mrs. Wantz and the staff work hard to improve not only the academics within the school but to provide positive incentives for those students who earn them and work with those students who need assistance. Parents need to be involved in their child's education and behavior. Placing blame on a school does not solve any issues.

Posted March 26, 2014
this school has to much drama h oriole teachers and it has not money for flied trips this school is buuuuffff (bummmmy)

Posted November 21, 2013
This is my sons first and LAST year at this school. The bullying and fighting is out of control, and the staff gives off a very bad attitude as if they're only there for a check. There are no challenging programs, and two of my sons teachers are still training because they have never taught at a middle school before. There is no support for the children, and it seems as though they allow just any child to attend. My son excelled all throughout elementary and has come to the 6th grade at OWMS and started failing. One of his teachers couldn't even explain how she grades her students. Don't bring your child here unless you want them to fail and be bullied.

Posted September 12, 2013
I'm sorry but it seems to me that the PARENTS of the rotten eggs should be interviewed & screened then DENIED the opportunity to bring their kids here. The Staff....well it's a revolving door of some (not all) careless paycheck seekers.

Posted May 15, 2013
HORRIBLE school! This is my daughters first & last year here, I have seen a dramatic change in her since starting this school. I'm so sad she had to go here & thats ONLY because it's our home school and no other magnet's had openings. She did get in the honor magnet classes but is not challenging and the bullying & fights are out of control!!! My daughters says there's a fight every day, she even mentioned a girl said she was going to kill herself because of being bullied. It's sad this school is even operating and next yr will be a full magnet. Keep your child away from this school if you care about their future!!!!

Posted May 01, 2013
I understand that new leadership has its issues but come on. There's a kid threatening to harm himself and others here and the school is doing nothing. The first threat was back in December, another in February, another in March, and from what my son is saying....pretty much everyday. He's obviously trying to get help. What does it take from you guys to take this kid seriously? My son will definitely NOT be attending next year! I may even pull him out early for his own safety.

Posted April 11, 2013
OWMS has had its ups and downs over the past years. Some want to attribute this to the change in leadership, teachers, budget, and students. It is all very true. When the interim principal was present, OWMS began to get its "light" back and staff was working together and a lot happier. Now, that it's under new administration from a former principal that was here before, things are back to the way they were prior to the interim...a mess. There is little to no staff support and everyone looks and feels terrible. With such a small population of students, there seems to be a high number of dysfunctional ones, and it's not because some are permitted students as stated below. It is because of the lack of support from parents, and the lack of "doing" from the principal. Additionally, the school lacks "a sense of belonging". Where is the beauty? Where is the pride? Where is the enrichment? There's more to a school than flight and a garden. Our students are extremely talented, but need some motivation to get them going. Teachers need some motivation to keep us sane, and healthy. I'm not sure that a full blown magnet will get the job done, but I can only be hopeful.

Posted February 27, 2013
My son is in his second year at Orville Wright. There are some good teachers and because the new students that enrolled is less, the 6th graders had no choice, but to be put in the Magnet area. The bulling is a problem, which is really sad. I'm hoping that the principal does the job that we pay him to do.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet
6550 West 80th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90045
Last modified Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top