Los Angeles, CA

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 2

Posted April 30, 2015
Our third son is a 6th grader attending Wright MS. Our two older sons we had to pull out of Wright & move because of the extreme bullying & lack of safety concerns by staff. With our third son, we toured all local middle school & he begged to attend Wright. We said "ok" because the school has many new & exciting programs, however, our son is still the subject of much bullying. He is holds a 4.0 gpa, & the teachers are genuinely trying, but the dynamics between the children are difficult. There are too many kids that are mean & hateful for no reason. As an involved parent, it's my job to protect my son & to also make sure his attitude reflects that of respect at school with his teachers & peers. Evidently not all parents in this area hold their children to that same standard. Middle school is hard enough, but my son is best buddies with the Dean in order to maintain safety! We will not be staying. I want my child to be educated but also enjoy his scholastic experience in a safe environment.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 1

Posted April 07, 2015
PARENT BEWARE!!! The school academics is pretty good BUT the students are TERRIBLE!!! My children currently attendeds Wright middle school and they have been bullied everyday. I wish i could tell you something positive about this school but i honestly can't. The teachers has no empathy for students feelings, some teachers use foul language towards students, the students are extremely rude to adults and fellow peers, the special ed students are allowed to be violent towards other stuents....the list goes on and on. Please save yourself the headache, daily calls and daily trips to school concerning your children safety. It's to the point i have my children school counselor personal cell phone number because of the bulling at school. Thank God 6th grade year is almost done and over with....So i will end my review with Good Bye Wright Middle School and Good riddance!!!

Posted April 03, 2015
My two children have attend Wright. My son graduated two years ago and I currently have a daughter her. I have always said it is a great school. I have seen how it just gets better and better every year. Both have always been on Honor Roll what that tell me is teachers are doing a great JOB!!! Hip Hip Hurray for the teachers....

Posted March 19, 2015
I just got back from the STEAM in Action event at Wright Middle School STEAM Magnet. It just reminded me of why we chose to send our kids to that school. All the students have been working on Project-Based-Learning (PBL) subjects. The 6th graders put on a fantastic ECO Fair today. Booths were set up and families could visit each booth and learn about various topics (ranging from environmental dangers to recycling to how they could make an impact by beautifying a planter at their own school). The students did great presenting, were creative, and seemed to have a good understanding of the topic at hand. Not only that, the students looked like they all had so much fun and showed great pride in their projects and booths. People forget that Wright is a little hidden gem in the Westchester neighborhood. It's days like today where I am reminded of how great it is that our kids go to our local school and how great that along with the staff, teachers, and dedicated/involved parents, we are making a difference at Wright.

Posted February 20, 2015
My daughter transferred to Wright STEAM Magnet in January after a not so great experience at another middle school and is extremely happy. Teachers have been great and welcoming. The Principal is amazing and she has made many new friends. Thank goodness that finally our neighborhood school has turned into someplace the neighborhood can be really proud of. Thanks Ms Wantz for all you do!

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 5

Posted February 12, 2015
I've had three kids go through Orville and now have a current 6th grader. We have been so happy with the education they received. The staff makes it a point to know all the kids there, which makes such a difference for the middle school years. Ms. Wantz has been a constant at Orville through many changes in admin and now has the position of Principal. They are very interactive in the community and with the current parents. We highly recommend checking this school out with an open mind. My kids have all had excellent experiences and were very well prepared for high school.

Posted February 03, 2015
I love this school....when we made the change from our old middle school I must admit I was wondering if my son would be successful. ...after being here for his first semester he has done great. Love the fact that teachers and administration care about the students. ..I am a big believer that what makes a great school comes from involved parents. ..parent involvement is the key. May of us blame the school and teachers but lets get real if our children love what they are doing and how they are being taught they will do great...love Mrs. Wantz and Mrs. Gardner they make you feel part of the school..my son love the hands on pbl that they offer here..

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 3

Posted November 23, 2014
For the parent who posted a review on March 30, 2014, and made a special point of first complaining about the "ignorance" of another parent who had posted a comment earlier, adding a haughty suggestion to that parent to "check your spelling"....... You wrote that "our child....has been excepted to serveral private high schools...." when you meant to write "accepted", and "we have been notified of excessing talking...." when you meant to write "excessive." Check this out: "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" Matthew 7:3

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 5

Posted June 24, 2014
My son just finished his first year at wright middle as a 6th grader. He finished with straight A's! His teachers were very good with keeping me informed with my son's progress and also where he needed to work more. The staff was always helpful whenever I had questions. I am very pleased with the school and my son enjoyed his first year and wants to return for 7th.

Posted March 30, 2014
For the parent who made the last comment: Very ignorant comment on your part and check your spelling. Our child has been extremely successful for the last three years and scored a perfect score in math last year on the CST. You cannot earn that without being taught well and your child staying focused. Our child has great grades and behavior marks and has been excepted to several private high schools, passing the examination at a high percentile. Our child has never been bullied and gets along with all diverse learners. When we have been notified of excessing talking, as a family, we do not place blame on the school or other students. We teach our child to take responsibility for negative actions and to fix the situation. Mrs. Wantz and the staff work hard to improve not only the academics within the school but to provide positive incentives for those students who earn them and work with those students who need assistance. Parents need to be involved in their child's education and behavior. Placing blame on a school does not solve any issues.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet
6550 West 80th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90045
Last modified Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 91 reviews. Top