Bad
Good

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 31, 2016
Very caring and dedicated staff and teachers. They go above and beyond. They are very compassion about our children.

Posted May 31, 2016
We have been at Wright for two years now. There has been a huge impact from last year to this year, it only has gotten better. The parent involvement and our PTO is very strong. My second son has had a great first year at Wright. His experience has been made possible by the leadership this school has. They are very dedicated, caring, and take time away from their family to help make this a positive environment. The specialty advisories that Wright offers make this school very unique, giving our children a great experience of attending college campus when competing at a much higher level then middle school work level. My son has a specialty advisory "Science Olympiads" which gave him the opportunity to compete with other middle schools in Southern California in many Science topics. Wright is one of only three LAUSD schools that attend this event. Wright came in first place from the three LAUSD schools who attended, this just shows how dedicated staff and teachers they have at this school. They also offer after school programs just to name one is the Audio Recording Class, all programs are run by the great teachers at Wright. My son is being challenged above and beyond by his teachers. The hands on Project Base Learning they offer is great. The choices our children make is not the schools responsibility.. I would recommend that our local elementary schools try the school out.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 5

Posted June 03, 2015
We are a local family whose son attends Orville Wright. He is finishing his first year and loved it! He is doing great academically and has made many new friends. He comes home from school happy and with no complaints. He is always talking to us about the group projects that he is working on, and we are always really impressed. The teachers are very energetic and motivating. The administration is also very supportive and hard working. I would highly encourage local families to consider this middle school. We are really happy we did.

Posted May 19, 2015
I could not be happier about how my son has learned and grown in his first year of middle school. He has developed academically and socially with a group of friends that all came from a local public elementary school. Orville Wright has made changes over the past few years, and the current administration and teachers are really trying hard make the school great. My son is a honor student and has received straight A's the entire year, and this could not have happened without being taught by hard working teachers. The elective courses have become much more engaging and interesting now that the school is a full STEAM magnet. My son had never complained about misbehavior or bullying. He is happy and loves his school. Westchester families really need to consider Orville as an option for middle school. Our local public schools really need local support in order for them to continue to succeed.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 2

Posted April 30, 2015
Our third son is a 6th grader attending Wright MS. Our two older sons we had to pull out of Wright & move because of the extreme bullying & lack of safety concerns by staff. With our third son, we toured all local middle school & he begged to attend Wright. We said "ok" because the school has many new & exciting programs, however, our son is still the subject of much bullying. He is holds a 4.0 gpa, & the teachers are genuinely trying, but the dynamics between the children are difficult. There are too many kids that are mean & hateful for no reason. As an involved parent, it's my job to protect my son & to also make sure his attitude reflects that of respect at school with his teachers & peers. Evidently not all parents in this area hold their children to that same standard. Middle school is hard enough, but my son is best buddies with the Dean in order to maintain safety! We will not be staying. I want my child to be educated but also enjoy his scholastic experience in a safe environment.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 1

Posted April 07, 2015
PARENT BEWARE!!! The school academics is pretty good BUT the students are TERRIBLE!!! My children currently attendeds Wright middle school and they have been bullied everyday. I wish i could tell you something positive about this school but i honestly can't. The teachers has no empathy for students feelings, some teachers use foul language towards students, the students are extremely rude to adults and fellow peers, the special ed students are allowed to be violent towards other stuents....the list goes on and on. Please save yourself the headache, daily calls and daily trips to school concerning your children safety. It's to the point i have my children school counselor personal cell phone number because of the bulling at school. Thank God 6th grade year is almost done and over with....So i will end my review with Good Bye Wright Middle School and Good riddance!!!

Posted April 03, 2015
My two children have attend Wright. My son graduated two years ago and I currently have a daughter her. I have always said it is a great school. I have seen how it just gets better and better every year. Both have always been on Honor Roll what that tell me is teachers are doing a great JOB!!! Hip Hip Hurray for the teachers....

Posted March 19, 2015
I just got back from the STEAM in Action event at Wright Middle School STEAM Magnet. It just reminded me of why we chose to send our kids to that school. All the students have been working on Project-Based-Learning (PBL) subjects. The 6th graders put on a fantastic ECO Fair today. Booths were set up and families could visit each booth and learn about various topics (ranging from environmental dangers to recycling to how they could make an impact by beautifying a planter at their own school). The students did great presenting, were creative, and seemed to have a good understanding of the topic at hand. Not only that, the students looked like they all had so much fun and showed great pride in their projects and booths. People forget that Wright is a little hidden gem in the Westchester neighborhood. It's days like today where I am reminded of how great it is that our kids go to our local school and how great that along with the staff, teachers, and dedicated/involved parents, we are making a difference at Wright.

Posted February 20, 2015
My daughter transferred to Wright STEAM Magnet in January after a not so great experience at another middle school and is extremely happy. Teachers have been great and welcoming. The Principal is amazing and she has made many new friends. Thank goodness that finally our neighborhood school has turned into someplace the neighborhood can be really proud of. Thanks Ms Wantz for all you do!

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet 5

Posted February 12, 2015
I've had three kids go through Orville and now have a current 6th grader. We have been so happy with the education they received. The staff makes it a point to know all the kids there, which makes such a difference for the middle school years. Ms. Wantz has been a constant at Orville through many changes in admin and now has the position of Principal. They are very interactive in the community and with the current parents. We highly recommend checking this school out with an open mind. My kids have all had excellent experiences and were very well prepared for high school.

Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet
6550 West 80th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90045-1127
Last modified Orville Wright Engineering And Design Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.