Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted September 07, 2015
Some teachers seem to care about the students but other just don't care. My son has been attended yorkdale since kinder (he is now in second grade) and has had one terrible teacher. As for the principle she is really rude you will not listen to you the office staff is really nice. But i have heard other parents complain about the principal and i clearly do no understand why she is still there...

Posted August 27, 2014
Well my child started TK here and all seemed great at first. Then i began. to have concerns. For example when you pick these 4-5 year old kids they vring them through the same gate as the big kids and the teacher doesnt ask you to sign them out. So anyone in you family can baisically pick them up because the child sais they know the person. (Whats is the point of an emergency card then?). Then the restroom in my childs classroom does not work and has been out of order for more than three weeks. Lets remember that these kids are 4-5 and they have to walk a good distabce unsupervised!! And when i spoke to the principle she was so rude, like she didn't want to hear it. As a parent we want to feel comfortable to be able to speak to the principle and not have to be belittled. So this has been a nightmare for me, we as parent should not have to settle just because we cant afford a private school.

Yorkdale Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2014
This school it's was great until my daughter got to 2nd grade and got Mrs Steeg as her teacher she was really rude and really noisy when it came for absence and tardy. I as a mother understand the responsibility of getting my daughter on time or getting her to school so she don't miss but What I mean she is noisy is when one of the time my daughter missed was when my grandma witch is my daughter great grandma was really ill we had a family praying for her all day that day so I send the note and she still questioning my daughter asking her what's does my grandma have and my daughter got sad cuz she.brought out the subject again things like this she would do which I didn't like at all! Her kinder teacher was amazing her first even way better but her second she just needs to be concern on her teaching and not to much on the students life outside I send the notes with details and my number so she can call me and ask me not my daughter overall the principal didn't do much at all she just suggested to chance my daughter to school which I did but that was not the point she also does it to other students she also told my ex husband that I was a mother that didn't care 4 my daughter.

Yorkdale Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
Overall test scores went up these past few years. Teachers are .awesome...Computer leader knows his materials and great with students.

Posted January 08, 2009
As with all kids it's not the job of the techers to raise the kids that attend any given School. The parents need to be involved in the life of their child in all aspects if they are to succed in School/life. The school has great teachers who do a great job, the leadership of the principal needs to improve in a positive way in many aspects, but most of all the parents need to be more involved with their child/children to cause a positive effect in their life, and in the overall grade this School recives.

Posted June 16, 2008
My daughter is finishing up her Kindergarten year with Mrs. Tang! She is the best teacher....my daughter has a wonderful year with her. She learned to read, write, and do simple addition and subtraction. I don't know if I will keep her at the school...but Mrs.Tang is amazing:)!!

Yorkdale Elementary School 5

Posted April 23, 2007
The Kindergarden program is excellent, my daughter has learned almost to a 1st grader level. I love the incentives that the school gives as the Panther Bucks to promote good behaviour.

Posted June 08, 2006
My daughter was in the Pre-K program at Yorkdale with Mrs. Larson in 2004. It was a great experience. Mrs. Larson is actually teaching the children a kindergarten curriculum. It was a great start for my daughter's education.

Yorkdale Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2005
I love this school. The teachers are excellent at what they do. The principal welcomes parental participation.

Yorkdale Elementary School 5

Posted August 12, 2005
Yorkdale proved to be a great school for my children. Thanks to strong, caring, motivated and dedicated teachers and an enthusiastic Principal, I feel Yorkdale provided both my children with far beyond basic education.

5657 Meridian Street, Los Angeles, CA  90042-1850
Last modified Yorkdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yorkdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top