Posted October 18, 2013
I love Barack Obama Charter School because the kids are so keen to learn and are such fast learners. I believe that with more resources, students at BOCS can become even more engaged in learning, creating a brighter future for themselves through education.

Posted September 30, 2013
Barack Obama Charter School=BOCS,is a great school!!! My son is still part of this school for this reason and more!!! GO BOCS!!!!!!!!

Posted September 17, 2013
NEW YEAR,NEW CHALLENGES TO WORK.CHARTER SCHOOLS WORK FOR THOSE FAMILIES WHO UNDERSTAND THAT TOGETHER WE ARE A TEAM,NOT FOR THOSE FAMILIES THAT BELIEVE THAT THE SCHOOL GOING TO SOLVE THE FUTURE OF THEIR STUDENT.PROUD MOTHER LIKE ME IN BARACK OBAMA CHARTER SCHOOL THINK ,THAT SCHOOL IS JUST A PART OF TOOLS FOR SUCCESS OF MY CHILD.FAMILY MAKES THE OTHER PARTY TO ACHIEVE RESULTS.BY MY OWN EXPERIENCE IN THIS SCHOOL I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE SEEN REAL RESULTS.FOR THIS REASON I RECOMMEND 100% TO ALL,COME TO BE PART OF THE FAMILY OF BOCS.

Posted August 08, 2013
Barack Obama Charter School! Such a disappointment. API, 750! This is rediculous! Just last yr the API was up 100+ points, how can it only be up by 30 pionts this yr? This is why I took my kids out. I don't trust the leadership of the school to do the right or best thing for my kids, I have totally lost faith in the school, not to mention issues that can't be explained like this sudden hike, then drop in test scores. Something just not right! The public school surrounding Barack Obama Charter is doing better! How can that be? I'm going to one of those public schools in the surrounding areas. Barack Obama Charter School is a thing of past, especially with a failing grade from the State. This school is a joke, and I wouldn't refer anyone there. Lack of leadership! Disappointed I am and what a waisted 2 yrs of my kids education, hopefully, they will thrive at the public school which API happens to be above 800. Charter seems to be doing like public was yrs ago, now public schools are doing better. Well, i'm following the growth and higher scoring schools for my kids, and Barack Obama is failing the class. Totally Disappointed!

Posted October 29, 2012
BOCS is AWESOME!!!! I love the fact that the staff and students are culturally diverse which broadens my daughter and son's social experience. BOCS is smaller than average schools, however there is a feeling of "family closeness". Academically, this place is on point! Both of my children (K & 3rd) enjoys doing homework! I offer them minimum assistance because they "KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!!" The homework isn't foreign or contrary to what is being taught in the classroom. In the mornings I drop them off and go to work feeling like they are in a safe place with a staff that cares. Picking them up is a breeze! We actually get valet treatment...WHAT SCHOOL DOES THAT????? :) Even the gate greeters are pleasant! Overall, BOCS is amazing. BOCS Principal & Staff I appreciate ALL that you guys do! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!

Posted June 07, 2012
THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL!!! AND IF ANYONE DISAGREE YOU MIGHT OF HAD A PROBLEM CHILD. MY SON HAS BEEN DOING GREAT IN THIS SCHOOL AND HE HAS BEEN LEARNING SO MUCH. MY SON GOT INTO A FATAL CAR ACCIDENT AND WAS HOSPITALIZED FOR WEEKS AND I NEVER SEEN A SCHOOL THAT WAS SO CARING :) THEY PERSONALLY CALLED TO CHECK UP ON HIM AND MYSELF SENDING THEIR PRAYERS OUT FOR US. UPON HIS RETURN THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO GET HIM BACK TO SCHOOL INCLUDING HOME SCHOOLING UNTIL HE WAS ABLE TO WALK. THEY TEACH THE KIDS SO MUCH INCLUDING HOW TO RESPECT EACH OTHER . UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO MOVE TO SAN BERNARDINO AND IM SO SAD THAT WE HAVE TO CHANGE SCHOOLS, BUT ALL I HOPE IS THAT WE GET BLESSED WITH A SCHOOL LIKE BARACK OBAMA CHARTER SCHOOL.

Barack Obama Charter School 4

Posted March 06, 2012
BOCS is a GREAT school, encouraging students to take ownership in their individual learning progress. They are given frequent assessments through tracking progress on Proof of Proficiency (POP) charts. By taking ownership, it improves self-motivation, and level of personal responsibility. What is most needed is parent involvement in setting learning, behavioral, and social goals that will allow their child to participate in our global society. Parents must commit to their child attending school on a daily basis, and refrain from negative behaviors. The students are made aware of the educational standards, and are supported in working on lacking areas to proactively learn them. As a parent and Compton resident, I support BOCS model of Re-Inventing Schools (RISC), working on a platform of performance based advancement rather than time based. I feel the principal, staff, and administrators are putting forth a fantastic effort in directing our children to become self-motivated, and competent learners, that strive for performance excellence through individual accountability. Parents need to buy in, and support staff and administrators in achieving these goals for their child's sake.

Barack Obama Charter School 3

Posted October 25, 2011
This school sucks.But they now have a new principal. this principal was 1 of 2 teachers that taught really well. His class and the other teacher's class had the highest scores out of the whole school also beating Lincon Elementary as well. Now that he is back there will be Huge changes about the scores.

Posted September 12, 2011
his school is the worst school ever.....and I have all regrets from sending my child here....something needs to be done about this school....the childrens are not learning anything, the teachers do not have creditials....the state needs to come in and take this school over....the biggest mistake they make was when they fired the principal and teachers that ws there during there first year of operation....

Posted September 01, 2011
This is one of the lowest-rated Charters that I have ever investigated & visited. With an overall rating of... 1... yes one... out of 10, I would wonder what your expectations were for your child(ren) to think that this was a great school... or a school that you would want your child to attend! Is Below Average all you want or expect as a parent! What a letdown for your child(ren)! Praise God that you are NOT my parent(s)!

Barack Obama Charter School
1726 East 117th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90059
(323) 566-1965
Last modified Barack Obama Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barack Obama Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top