Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Equitas Academy Charter School 3

Posted September 10, 2014
Curriculum for this school is better than what is offered at many other LAUSD area schools.The staff is nice and seem to care about the children.There are other things missing from the middle school in terms of after school activities. Many of the activities that are mentioned on the website are not included at the middle school, there is are foreign language classes, sports, drama, or student government. I find that the children aren't allowed to be children and learn in a manner that isn't based in a military drill format. The school seems to base their disciplinary actions on the worst performing student and often comes off as extreme with the most extreme punishment used for the smallest offense. If you have a child that needs very rigid structure then this is the place for you. If you have a child that doesn't require such a rigid environment then you might want to look into another college prep middle school in the area. I'm sure this will be a five star middle school in a few years but at this time there are still quite a few kinks to sort out as everyone works together to run a middle school which seems to be a new adventure for all parties involved.

Posted July 30, 2014
Equitas is one of the best schools here in the metro area. Their discipline, structure grit and zest help students thrive in this world of competiviness. As a parent I was happy to volunteer there and notice my son's improvement in music, math and cross fit :). Although I am leaving this wonderful school I definitely recommend to you this school.

Posted July 02, 2014
My child has improve his reading, math, science and social studies skills since he has attending Equitas Acedemy Charter School. His self steam and self image is at 99 percent. Thank so much Equitas team.

Posted April 28, 2014
From private, catholic, LAUSD and other charter schools we finally found the match for my daughter. I love their educational, structure and discipline curriculum. We just need more art, drama.

Posted October 23, 2013
I have a 5th grader and a Kindergartner attending Equitas and I'm extremely pleased with everything about this school.This is a very structurized and disciplined school which is a wonderful thing.Their teachers are AMAZING!!They really care about my boys' long term goals and are able to have an ongoing communication with me about my boy's academic progress. Thanks to them my children are performing above grade level. It's wonderful to hear your children talk about what university they would like to attend,at such a young age.This is a school that I forever will be referring people to. I can go on and on saying wonderful things about Equitas and their staff but with all reality it's different to experience it for yourself, So I encourage everyone to look into the school, call for information or even take a tour. I guarantee you will be very pleased. I AM!!!

Posted October 22, 2013
My child has bearly three weeks in Equitas and I know we've made a great decision by transferring him. The staff does everything to make you feel right at home and in these short weeks they've improved my child's math work which is a plus because he's now confident enough when it comes to his homework. I would recommend this school to everybody it's a change you won't regret.

Posted March 13, 2013
This is an ABSOLUTELY excellent school. My son has been there for 4 years now and I could not have found a better school for him to go to. The faculty is wonderful, the after school program is top notch, the children are very well behaved and do well academically, they set strong goals to reach College. The whole school has an atmosphere that you know will be good for your kid/s. I was also happy to see that their testing scores are magnificent. Thank YOU Equitas!

Posted June 06, 2012
Best school for my daughter, She has Learned so much from this school.This school have teached my daughter how to read,how to listen, respect other people and not to be boiling .

Equitas Academy Charter School 4

Posted November 09, 2010
Equitas Academy is an excellent school with committed staff and teachers! I am very happy with the academic program, organic food, and college emphasis! We are pleased and excited for the continued success and growth of Equitas!!!!!!!!!

Equitas Academy Charter School
1700 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90015
Last modified Equitas Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Equitas Academy Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top