When my child started this school in Kindergarten, I thought it had great potential. But now I feel that they do not have the children best interest in mind. Here is a list of a few things that I believe that is wrong with the school:
- Mismanagement of money/or always asking for money.
- Cater more to the German speak students and parents.
- Lack of support for nonnative speaking students when it come to the children learning German
- Not much diversity in the student body and teachers.
- In the three years that my child has been attending, the school has a high turner of teachers, staff and students.
- Student’s safety is a concern because the school is house on Marina Del Rey middle school and there have been incidents with the middle school students and Goethe students.
My advice is to dig a little deeper to find out what is truly going on at the school.
I feel the classroom culture is highly respectful of the teachers. Each student has a "job" or role in class and it's their responsibility. There are "buddy" reading partnerships between classes - my sons really enjoy working with the younger kids to share knowledge.