Posted November 11, 2014
I would have to object to the previous reviewer's comment about Goethe only celebrating German culture and traditions. There have multiple opportunities both inside and outside the class where other cultures are shared and taught about. International Fairs have been held over the years presenting the food, traditions, dances, artifacts etc of countries from all regions of the world. To name just a few examples - my daughter's class learned about Native American culture, my son did a class project on Thailand. His class learned and performed a traditional African dance taught to them by their classmates' mother. My daughter's class just went to Olvera Street after spending multiple days learning about Dia de los Muertos. Her classmates' mother was just in class wearing a beautiful sari and bindi teaching about Diwali. Two interns from her previous class was from Spain. The list goes on! To say that the school only honors and teachers about the German culture is obviously incorrect and misleading.

Posted October 27, 2014
Goethe has been an AMAZING opportunity for our kindergarten daughter! We are not bilingual but SHE is on her way! Yes, we would have preferred Spanish, but one look at all the amazing experiences she has already had in the 2 months she has been there we are not looking back! She has made great friends (she's shy!), the parents are super supportive of the kids, other parents, teachers, staff. There's always something fun going on which is great! A big plus was a group social for incoming and current Goethe fathers - love it! Affordable after care as well until 6 pm! Every day I drop off our daughter I feel grateful we won the lottery (literally!) to get her in to this school, and grateful we found a solution to securing the highest quality education without paying private school tuition. For those of you who don't already know- Goethe is an International Baccalaureate school (IB), LAUSD Distinguished school that scores 9 out of 10 on greatschools.org website, has an API of 921, and is WASC accredited. It's a language immersion school- 50/50 English/German language, with Spanish starting 3rd grade. It's in the Westside in the Del Rey/Mar Vista area. **GO FOR IT!**

Posted June 21, 2014
In response to the review that the administration is slow to respond to concerns from parents. How else would you want an administration to act? They are calm and patient in dealing with concerns and measured in their response. In general...I find the administration to be fantastic, the teachers a good mix of caring and strict, and the curriculum to be top notch. Thanks to this school, my three children are trilingual and scored near perfect scores on last years API test. What more could you want from a publicly funded education. Plus the amount of diversity has to be among the top 10% in all LAUSD Schools. I would like to see more after school sports options.

Goethe International Charter School 2

Posted June 18, 2014
I would not go so far as to rate Goethe with a 1 but celebrating German cultural does not necessarily make the school diverse. To avoid redundancy, I will second the review from 2013 that states "It's a German school and celebrates German holidays with no acknowledgement of any other cultures." Yep! I can also say that the administration is slow at responding to concerns from parents.

Goethe International Charter School 4

Posted June 15, 2014
To a parent who rated Goethe with one star: Could you please share what you mean by 'narrow experience' and what kind of concerns were not addressed by the school administration? My son is in K this year and our experience is totally the opposite. From what we've encountered so far Goethe offers very nurturing envinronment with administrators willing to meet and talk upon very first request.

Goethe International Charter School 1

Posted June 06, 2014
Goethe International is a great school if you are seeking a narrow experience for your child coupled with zero to no response from administration about concerns.

Posted June 01, 2014
I never write reviews but I have to to correct the submissions that say the school is not diverse. I have to say it is the complete opposite. It is the most diverse school I have ever seen (that being in NYC or LA). There are more mixed races and nationalities among students and parents then any other institution I have ever seen. A true international representation.

Posted April 16, 2014
There is a HUGE amount of parent participation at Goethe and that's what makes it so amazing. It's a hands-on school. This builds community and kindness between parents and staff members. Children are kind to each other, as kindness is a number one rule! Goethe definitely deserves recognition for all of it's wonderful qualities.

Posted April 05, 2014
Goethe is awesome! We never get bored in this school. There is always something good happening

Posted April 03, 2014
Goethe is a unique gem of a school. Between the IB curriculum, German immersion, caring community, Friday breakfast caf s, and amazing teachers and international interns, this school has it all in a way I can't imagine any other school does. My two boys are thriving here. The Executuve Director is caring and approachable and the teachers are passionate and seem to love what they do. I highly recommend this school!

Goethe International Charter School
12500 Braddock Drive, Los Angeles, CA  90066
Last modified Goethe International Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goethe International Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top