Bad
Good

Posted May 05, 2014
This school is such a really bad school. The principal and dean of this school have no control over it. Not sure what they are doing there. The dean gives the parents attitude while the principal doesn't know how to control a situation. Never thought this school would be such a horrible school. My daughter was bullied and battered at this school three times by the same student, all they did was suspend him for one day, but the student still showed up to school on the day he was "supposed" to be suspended. I am very disappointed, and angry at the way the "adults" at this school handle anything. The kids have no respect for the principal, let alone the teachers or any other staff. I can go on and on about this, and wouldn't be able to finish explaining all the horrible things that happen here. Please DO NOT send your kids here. I thought it would be better than Markham or Gompers, but i think its worst. Try sending your kids to a magnet program a bit far from here where there is diversity in ethnicity.

New Designs Charter School-Watts 3

Posted August 23, 2013
I like New Designs watts I came when the school was new and I have seen them grow every year since I have been there and I am proud of them if more parents would get out and go help the school that their child is in the school could grow even more the staff are great really good teachers that care and r there 2 really help the kids good luck New Design and I wish u lots of success

Posted May 15, 2012
I used to attend this school for my 10th grade & honestly I don't recommend this school to anybody. In the tenth grade I didn't care about my grades nor did my teachers. I would fall asleep during the class and the teachers wouldn't do anything about it. My English teacher wouldn't teach anything, he had favoritism with raze. Since I moved from another school I had to take Biology & US History but they didn't let me since the tenth graders had already taken that class. Basically all the students in the same grade would take the same classes, and that was my first time in that school. They gave me Chemistry instead of Bio & Algebra 2 instead of Geo. That school was just a whole mess. They don't care about your education & don't try to help you.

Posted January 24, 2012
the school has a ton of safety issue,administration is very unprofessional,the building is a safety issue and hazardous,lack of security,35 students per class,test scores and other documents are being doctor up by staff to make it appear that the school is in compliance,and a high achieving,and some of the staff that holds the classes school,,are not even qualified,

New Designs Charter School-Watts 2

Posted February 08, 2011
UNPROFESSIONAL. My daughter attended this school for 6th and 7th...and she received very good grades and many awards but thats becasue she is just a good student.... however to me personally the Professionalism of the school Administrators made me take my daughter out of the school .. I and many other parents that... I communicated with shared the same concerns My daughter worked really hard as a student ...to make good grades... but i checked her out mid year ...becasue she was so bullied by the older kids ..I tried endlessly to get the attention of the school administators but they never cared.

New Designs Charter School-Watts 5

Posted January 07, 2011
I Love New Designs Charter School of Watts,the teachers are of private school caliber. The curriculum prepares my child for college which is priceless.Thankful for New Designs Charter School I would need to go all the way to Manhattan Beach or Redondo Beach to find as school as great as New Designs Charter School of Watts.Very Very Thankful for Mr Neal!

New Designs Charter School-Watts 5

Posted January 06, 2011
I love this school first my son was going to willowbrook on his first day of school he was jumped. He told me that every time there is a new student they jump he/she. So I gave it one more week and he got jumped agin. After that i transfered him ndcs and they do have a few safety issues, but not as many as willowbrook. The teachers are the best thing about the school better than any other school in this area. If your child is going to this school and your worried about his or her safety don't be. If they are good students and stay out of trouble their safety is guaranteed.

New Designs Charter School-Watts
12714 South Avalon Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA  90061-2730
Last modified New Designs Charter School-Watts is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.