Bad
Good

Posted October 02, 2013
As part of UCLA s Graduate School of Education, you can expect that the curriculum will reflect best practices for teaching. After years of rotating principals, the school now has an excellent leader, Norma Silva, who is committed to recapturing the school s position as a national leader in education. The school s emphasis is on the whole child, looking at children s social/emotional learning but also offering differentiated instruction in multi-age classrooms. Under Silva s leadership the academics have improved substantially and while it is true (as one writer complained) that some families have tutors, this more likely reflects the aspirations of the parents than any deficiencies in teaching. The teachers know what they are doing, and while the process may occasionally seem mystifying to parents who attended more traditional schools, one cannot argue with the product. The children are incredibly happy and extremely self-confident and move on to the top middle schools. Cool Tools, which may seem a bit strange to some parents, gives children behavioral and ethical guidelines that they can use for their entire lives. The community of families is racially and economically diverse.

Posted August 16, 2013
This is a great school with great teachers :-) The staff keeps everything very organized, and the teacher are easy to be reached at any time.

Posted May 08, 2013
My school is the best you be at. Teachers, that care the most about you, even though they make you do hard work, you learn to explain it in many different ways. We don't only teach subjects for school, but also things you need for life. We have Gearup, and its a program for 7th and 8th grader. I feel every conferrable in my school. I don't wish for any more to change We are united Were we all grow together

UCLA Community School 4

Posted April 27, 2012
My daughter goes to this school because we live in this school's area. We're lucky that her 2nd grade teacher was Ms. Kate Beaudet. She's a great teacher. Now my kid is in 4th grade. Unfortunately we're not satisfied with her current teacher now. This school doesn't have advanced programs such as SAS or magnet for advanced skill kids. So we have to move.

Posted February 24, 2012
This is such a fantastic school!! Teachers here show how much they want to make a difference in the lives of these students. I feel its a very safe school, they dont tolerate bullying here. These students come out of school really happy. I have never seen any fighting after school. Staff are very helpful,the principle is also great. Love their afterschool programs. My child loves this school and has learned so much here. I cant wait until my son attend this schoo next year.. :)

Posted June 28, 2011
I love learning Spanish here everyday as my third language(apart from English & my Asian language). I also enjoy the artwork in the afterschool program. This school is so beautiful. We also go on a LOT of fieldtrips and we go to UCLA to watch shows by UCLA university students. I feel safe in our afterschool program. My classmates are all great to be with. I love my school!

Posted June 27, 2011
Bilingual classes offered to all students starting in Kindergarten, either Korean/English or Spanish/English staffed by qualified teachers. It is up to the school administration to maintain its quality level of instruction & peaceful school environment. Nice location in the heart of the city.

Posted January 18, 2011
Huge K-12 school in a great business district, with free afterschool programs like homework tutoring from UCLA staff. Bilingual classes of your choice, either Korean or Spanish, which is a good deal for children nowadays because United States is mostly comprised of Spanish speaking residents. Given solid leadership, this school will produce excellent students because of parent involvement.

Posted September 21, 2010
My child goes here & I am happy that there is an option of either Korean or Spanish immersion for the students. Nowadays, it is essential to know a second language to be a global citizen. This school works like a charter school & run by UCLA administrators. Great location too. I'm glad we live in the area.

Posted September 10, 2010
i am a student soon attending this school and thinks its certainly is going to be a excellent community school

UCLA Community School
700 South Mariposa Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90005-2001
Last modified UCLA Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
UCLA Community School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top