Public charter
Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 13, 2014
Academia Avance is a great school that offers many things that other schools don't. I've been attending to Avance since 6th grade and now I'm in 10th grade. Academia Avance isn't like most schools. At Avance you will find teachers who really care about their students. The only thing our teachers want to see is their students succeed. That's one of the reasons why I like Avance so much. The teachers push you and make you believe in yourself. Avance isn't a big school and I think that's what makes awesome. Everyone knows everyone we're like a family. At Avance students take a Mandarin and robotics. Most schools don't have that but here at Avance we do. I'm glad I come to this school and think others should come to. The only goal Academia Avance has is for their students to go to college.

Posted December 12, 2014
Academia Avance is a great school. It's small with a friendly and caring staff. Teachers do their best to help students, and offer extra credit when needed. Academia Avance also offers tutoring to those with F's and D's. On the other hand, it does lack after school/ extracurricular activities, and it's a bit unsanitary, but nothing that cant' be fixed. I'm a 10th grader and I've been in this school since 6th grade. Even though other schools offer more, I wouldn't leave. Nevertheless, it's a great school and I recommended it too many people.

Posted December 12, 2014
I am a 10th grade student at Academia Avance. I have attend Academia Avance since I was in 7th grade. This school is one of the best school I have ever attend. All the teachers and staff are very supportive and helpful.The teachers truly care for your education and are always there to help you. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking to attend a college prep High School.

Posted December 09, 2014
As a junior who has been here since 6th grade, Avance has definitely taught me skills that I will undoubtedly use in college. At first, this school had little to no extracurricular activities and advanced courses. However, Avance now has a wider range of clubs and activities and an increase in honors and AP classes. In addition, Avance teaches you life skills and makes you as prepared for college as possible. This school doesn't not just aim at college, but pushes its students to go to 4-year universities. Most students reach this goal. The teachers at Avance are extremely interactive and helpful. If you have a problem, the teachers will help you as much as possible. Because the help of teachers, I feel like I will achieve my goals into getting into a good university and succeeding in there. Avance has a great amount of potential and can help a large amount of students achieve their goals. -A.W.

Posted December 09, 2014
I am a 10th grade student at Academia Avance and I've been at Avance since I was in 6th grade. Avance has a lot of things to offer for students such as great programs and great teachers. Some programs offered are robotics and Mandarin that are not offered just anywhere. The teachers are always there to help students and answer any questions they may have. These elements help provide a path of success to all students who go to Academia Avance that includes going to college and will lead to a good career.

Posted December 09, 2014
I am currently a Junior attending this school and I have to say this school is actually quite interesting in many fields. The main field of interest would be that the teachers at this school put in 100% of their effort to get you to keep up your grades and to inspire you to get into a 4 year college which, in other schools, is very hard to find. I am very thankful for being put in this school because it has inspired me to go on to college and I hope others will attend this school as well.

Posted October 18, 2013
Academia Avance is a great school for students who need to be empowered to be successful in school and in their own life! I have two children attending one in 8th and 9th grade they both started 6th grade at Avance. I am happy to see my boys participating in activities such as Robotics, Soccer and SRLA. Their teachers always there to help them improve their grades and behavior. The principal is awesome!

Posted October 18, 2013
Bueno, que puedo decir de esta escuela. Desde hace ya 5 anos atras supe de Academia Avance, tratando de buscar la seguridad y lo mejor para mi hija la inscribi y me gusto muchisimo porque me di cuenta que podia involucrarme tanto con los maestros y secretarias. Siempre tenia respuestas y ayuda para cualquier inquietud, y ahora mi hija esta felizmente en el grado 10. El ano pasado empezo mi hijo en el grado 6 y actualmente se encuentra en el grado 7. Yo me siento feliz y muy orgullosa de sus logros y de saber que los maestros se espresan tan bien de mis hijos y me hacen sentir muy agradecida con los maestros porque los motivan a seguir adelante para que sean unas personas de bien y logren sus metas que vallan a la universidad y nunca se dejen vencer. Que en ellos pueden contar para cualquier problema y eso como madre se los agradesco muchisimo porque en la calle hay tantisimos peligros y tentaciones. Por eso les doy las GRACIAS por todo su tiempo y esfuerzo!

Posted September 10, 2013
I am a very proud parent of 2 boys that are going to Academia Avance Charter school. I've been in this school since my son started 7th grade, now he is in the 12th grade.My other son is in 7th grade now. I like this school because i am able to communicate with the teachers very good about my kids. This school believes in the kids future and they help us as parents in knowing that they're going the right way to graduate and be ready for college. This school is a plus for this community!

Posted September 09, 2013
Fantastic charter school! Academia Avance is a well rounded school offering an A - G curriculum for all of it's students. Students can begin their education at Academia Avance beginning in the 6th grade and continue through HS graduation. This school has a high graduation rate and college acceptance is remakable. The teachers are all wonderful and it's open door policy allowing parents to feel comfortable is a plus!

Academia Avance Charter School
115 North Ave 53, Los Angeles, CA  90042
Last modified Academia Avance Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academia Avance Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top