Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Posted March 10, 2015
I love this school because they help you to make it in life. They sacrifice many things so we can be someone in life. I'm happy to be apart of this family because I met amazing teachers and friends and now they mean the world to me. Avance is a really small school but together we are big. Thanks Avance For The 3 Amazing Years I've Been Here And I'm Happy For Many More To Come.

Academia Avance Charter School 4

Posted January 06, 2015
What I have been experienced in this school is that they help you on homework or classwork. They have rules that are fair for everyone. They also have activity for example school dances, posadas, and halloween trick or treats. They make the lessons really simple for you and if you don't understand then you can ask them questions and they will help you and answer your questions. You can also learn a new language. The languages we have at Academia Avance is mandarin. The Academia Avance have a lot of protection that if you loose something they will help you look for it. This is my third year being in Academia Avance. I think I am starting to like this school a lot.

Posted December 26, 2014
Avance has been my second home for the past 5 years. Here I learned the true meaning of an education. Avance gives students an opportunity for a better future. Many classes are offered such as AP Caluculus, AP US History, Mandarin, Robotics, and Life Prep. It is the teachers and staff who have made it possible for this school to function. At Avance there is always help. When you're struggling with classes they offer tutoring; or when you have a problem outside of school there is alway someone you can reach out to. Avance has always helped me gain confidence that I will do something positive after high school. Also that I will be successful in everything I will do. They strive to offer us a good education. I've seen the school grow immensely during the time I have attended and now I am excited to see what more the school's potential will keep bringing us. Thanks to Avance I know I will continue to grow and become a successful student here and in college. Thanks to all the Avanceros including teachers and staff for being a motivation to succeed. -A college ready student

Posted December 13, 2014
Academia Avance is a great school that offers many things that other schools don't. I've been attending to Avance since 6th grade and now I'm in 10th grade. Academia Avance isn't like most schools. At Avance you will find teachers who really care about their students. The only thing our teachers want to see is their students succeed. That's one of the reasons why I like Avance so much. The teachers push you and make you believe in yourself. Avance isn't a big school and I think that's what makes awesome. Everyone knows everyone we're like a family. At Avance students take a Mandarin and robotics. Most schools don't have that but here at Avance we do. I'm glad I come to this school and think others should come to. The only goal Academia Avance has is for their students to go to college.

Academia Avance Charter School 4

Posted December 12, 2014
Academia Avance is a great school. It's small with a friendly and caring staff. Teachers do their best to help students, and offer extra credit when needed. Academia Avance also offers tutoring to those with F's and D's. On the other hand, it does lack after school/ extracurricular activities, and it's a bit unsanitary, but nothing that cant' be fixed. I'm a 10th grader and I've been in this school since 6th grade. Even though other schools offer more, I wouldn't leave. Nevertheless, it's a great school and I recommended it too many people.

Posted December 12, 2014
I am a 10th grade student at Academia Avance. I have attend Academia Avance since I was in 7th grade. This school is one of the best school I have ever attend. All the teachers and staff are very supportive and helpful.The teachers truly care for your education and are always there to help you. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking to attend a college prep High School.

Posted December 09, 2014
As a junior who has been here since 6th grade, Avance has definitely taught me skills that I will undoubtedly use in college. At first, this school had little to no extracurricular activities and advanced courses. However, Avance now has a wider range of clubs and activities and an increase in honors and AP classes. In addition, Avance teaches you life skills and makes you as prepared for college as possible. This school doesn't not just aim at college, but pushes its students to go to 4-year universities. Most students reach this goal. The teachers at Avance are extremely interactive and helpful. If you have a problem, the teachers will help you as much as possible. Because the help of teachers, I feel like I will achieve my goals into getting into a good university and succeeding in there. Avance has a great amount of potential and can help a large amount of students achieve their goals. -A.W.

Posted December 09, 2014
I am a 10th grade student at Academia Avance and I've been at Avance since I was in 6th grade. Avance has a lot of things to offer for students such as great programs and great teachers. Some programs offered are robotics and Mandarin that are not offered just anywhere. The teachers are always there to help students and answer any questions they may have. These elements help provide a path of success to all students who go to Academia Avance that includes going to college and will lead to a good career.

Posted December 09, 2014
I am currently a Junior attending this school and I have to say this school is actually quite interesting in many fields. The main field of interest would be that the teachers at this school put in 100% of their effort to get you to keep up your grades and to inspire you to get into a 4 year college which, in other schools, is very hard to find. I am very thankful for being put in this school because it has inspired me to go on to college and I hope others will attend this school as well.

Posted October 18, 2013
Academia Avance is a great school for students who need to be empowered to be successful in school and in their own life! I have two children attending one in 8th and 9th grade they both started 6th grade at Avance. I am happy to see my boys participating in activities such as Robotics, Soccer and SRLA. Their teachers always there to help them improve their grades and behavior. The principal is awesome!

Academia Avance Charter School
115 North Ave 53, Los Angeles, CA  90042
Last modified Academia Avance Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academia Avance Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top