Public charter
Los Angeles, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 17, 2014
I am so greatfull to this school. This school came right on time when I was Running out of. Options. My son started school in the Culver City school district. When he was ready for fist grade we were told he needed a school permit. The Permit was denied. But finally was giving to us for that year. When 2nd grade came It was dinied again, but thank god WISH was here. I Love this school, the teachers, and the staff is great. But most of all my son loves it. Thank you WISH.

Posted October 29, 2013
This is our fourth year at WISH, and it is more than a school to us- it's a second family. The teachers are so hard-working, innovative and supportive, and Principal Draxton is the heart of the school. I can't imagine our daughter being anywhere else.

Posted October 29, 2013
Great school, great teachers, great students, great parents, great community. Blessed to be part of wish!

Posted October 29, 2013
We love WISH Charter. We really appreciate the whole child learning philosophy. The staff, teachers, and Principal are amazing human beings. They love what they do and it shows. Our Kids feel it and the parents do too. My daughter, now in 2nd grade, loves school, is an avid reader, and has developed friendships with other students. Every year, the teachers work together as a team. They like each other and support each other. The community of families is warm, inviting, and generous. THe class sizes are smaller than regular public schools. The curriculum is engaging and varied. They have PE (twice weekly), Music (twice weekly), and Art every week. If I ever have a concern (and I did), the Principal is available as well as the teachers. I just don't really have any negative things to say. We feel very blessed to be at WISH. It feels like a private school!

Posted October 29, 2013
This is a amazing school. The involvement of the parents is out of this world. Children are reading in TK! There is a broad curriculum available to ALL students (art, music, P.E.) There is a strong, professional and involved principal (Draxton) It's believed that all children can learn. A fantastic environment -- safe & clean

Posted October 28, 2013
We started at WISH in kindergarten when the school first opened and we couldn't be happier with our decision to send our daughter here. We love the inclusive classes and diversity. The teachers are caring and go out of their way to reach every child and accommodate needs. While we are not thrilled with the new campus, we believe that Principal Draxton will do everything in her power to make it it's best.

Posted October 28, 2013
WISH is the best school, hands down. This is our first year, and our daughter loves it. She actually looks forward to going to school each day filled with excitement. Everyday is like an adventure for her as to what new thing will she learn. Physical education, art, and music is very rare to have at school these days. Excellent teachers and staff.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is our 3rd year at WISH Charter and it just keeps getting better each year. The teachers are amazing and treat every child and family as an individual. The teachers are always available and go way beyond the call of duty to serve the children. Principal Draxton is a phenomenal leader and leads by example. Every day she visits the classroom and spends most of the lunch and recess periods with the children. It is clear her and the teachers main focus is on serving the children. The parent involvement is great and parents are always welcome. In addition to the core curriculum, WISH provides art, music, technology and PE. It is a great school with a sense of community. At WISH all children are loved and educated, regardless of ability. We are so thankful that our children are a part of WISH and we love our WISH Community.

Posted October 28, 2013
This our daughter's second year at WISH, she is currently in 1st Grade. My husband and I are so happy with the school. When our child first arrived she started reading within a week! The teacher gave us individual guidance about both what was happening and a map for what we could do at home to support growth and make the learning experience positive. Our daughter is now thriving in 1st Grade, looking forward to every day's lessons. We are excited about having our youngest daughter follow in her sister's footsteps next year. WISH is amazing, we feel it is a community of families, where there are so many volunteers, and highly trained staff, it is a place like no other. We live over 30 miles away, but battle the traffic everyday, because it is worth it, and there is no school like this near us. Signed: Happy Parents.

Posted October 21, 2013
WISH is an amazing gem hidden within the wasteland of LAUSD. I really appreciate the fact that WISH has a mission that it centers on. The mission of WISH is to maximize every child's learning potential within an atmosphere of caring and belonging. The core element of the WISH model is inclusive education, meaning that children who develop typically, children with special needs, and children who are gifted all learn side by side. Luckily, my daughter started kindergarden at WISH when it first opened in 2010. She is in third grade now and my son is now in kindergarden. The teachers and staff are absolutely amazing. The parents are fully dedicated and actively involved to supporting the school and its mission. Not only are my children receiving and excellent education, they are learning to become better people who are empathic toward others.

Westside Innovative School House
6550 W. 80th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90045
Last modified Westside Innovative School House is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside Innovative School House Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top