Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (3 responses)

Posted December 07, 2015
My children are thriving at Wish! They are excelling academically, all while learning important social skills and developing into kind human beings.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 22, 2015
In honesty, I'd check School leader, Teacher, Staff member, Parent, and Student. WISH gives so much to be thankful for, from every single member of our community. From the strong, dedicated, passionate and compassionate leadership, the strength of WISH bleeds into every single branch of this community, a community I am blessed and thankful to be a part of.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
With a principal like Dr. Shawna Draxton and a team of administrators and teachers like we have at WISH, complemented by the passionate and committed parent community, the level of respect at WISH begins and lives strong in all these areas and feeds effortlessly into our students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
WISH doesn't only develop it in their style, they actually take the time to teach it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
Integrity is a word, and character trait, my kids have known about since the beginning of their learning. We teach it, we live it, and our kids know that it's a pinnacle characteristic in the kind of people we want to be and want to surround ourselves with. WISH exemplifies this characteristic daily.

Posted November 22, 2015
In our third year at WISH: WISH cares. I don't just mean the principal, though she does incessantly. I mean the entire community. The staff, the parents, AND the kids. We all feel the gift that is WISH. We don't just do what's expected. We don't settle for okay. WISH is constantly striving and learning and growing. We build off each other. Our teachers and students practice mindfulness and the results show. Ask any staff member how they feel about landing a job at WISH and they'll tell you, in some form, that they feel like they've won the lottery to work in an environment that nurtures and respects the learning process, truly for each child. My original review: (a father's perspective) After only four days of being a WISH parent, I can easily tell you why we're so thrilled to be here. Our daughter is very tentative socially. Seeing this on day 1, her kindergarten teacher held her hand as they walked to the yard and had her sit at her side when they sat in a group. Day 3, drop off was tearful, so the principal came out, took her hand, spoke sweetly with her, then texted my wife a photo of her happy in her classroom 10 minutes later. How she found time to do this during her busy first week of school on a new campus, I'm just so impressed. Today I expressed (via email) a concern to her teacher and got a very warm, thoughtful and honestly caring response remarkable fast (after class). Between the Office Manager, the Finance Manager, the Principal and our Kindergarten Teacher, I'm so deeply impress and so happy to be here. In fact, we're so happy here that I passed on our late acceptance to the school that had been my higher choice prior to meeting the WISH crew in the days before school began. Hands down, it's a great place to be and we're lucky to be here. Oh, and she came home today, her 4th day of kindergarten, talking about consonants.

Posted November 18, 2015
WISH is a place where every child is valued and respected, a school filled with competent compassionate staff, and connected by the most amazing parent community. Every day we are grateful our kids can thrive in an environment that can serve their various needs right in our own neighborhood. I wish every child had the opportunity to attend this gem of a school.

Posted November 18, 2015
This is a wonderful, nurturing community of educators, working collaboratively to provide the best learning and life foundation for all the children. They make a tremendous effort to support the interests of every individual student, from creative pursuits to athletic. Their innovative philosophy is astounding!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 18, 2015
Thank you for working so hard for and caring so much about all or kids. I am so grateful for too many reasons to say!

Posted November 18, 2015
I am so grateful for this school in my life. WISH works hard to find the best solutions for every child in a caring and engaging environment. They have great leadership, teachers and staff that all work together to do what's best for the kids.

6550 West 80th Street, Los Angeles, CA  90045-1127
Last modified Westside Innovative School House is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside Innovative School House Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top