Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

WISH Charter has changed my son's life. Rather than seeing him as just a kid in a wheelchair, WISH embraced, inspired and encouraged him in every aspect of his education since the school opened when he was in the 2nd grade. He now has a 4.0 GPA and is looking forward to entering the 8th grade in the fall. Now that the school has been approved to continue into high school, we know he will continue to be challenged and appreciated for who he is while he reaches pinacles even we, his parents never thought possible!

Develops character: Strongly agree

SCHOOL MISSION & CULTURE module four canvas graphic module knowledge container arrow graphicWhat's the mission of the school you want to build? A MODULE TO INSPIRE YOU By identifying goals and developing a shared mindset we can build a framework for better teaching and learning. READ MODULE > icon representing School Mission & Culture Every great school needs a well-defined mission and culture — clearly articulated learning goals and practices that students, teachers, and administrators can all get behind. These goals guide your school’s rules, relationships, and behaviors. THINGS TO THINK ABOUT You will be designing a school from the ground up. What goals for student learning will define and motivate your school’s community? How will you assess student success? These goals should also establish how your school creates high expectations for learning and behavior, and for students’ success beyond high school. How will you cultivate consistent, productive, respectful relationships among students and adults? How will you establish an inclusive and supportive community and a sense of belonging among students, teachers, parents, and others? APPLICATION QUESTIONS What mission, purpose, and core values will animate and unify your school? Consider how these might build the engagement of students and adults, rally the support of your community, and drive the development of your school. Provide up to 300 words and/or describe and upload 1-3 videos, images, or other materials that illustrate how you might communicate your mission to others, including prospective students, teachers, and parents. Westside Innovative School House High School Charter serves as a school that models best practices for inclusive education, university partnerships, and a constructivist, interdisciplinary approach. Our school leverages best practices in project-based and real world learning to foster key academic, social, and ethical skills and attitudes that can only be developed when students with various abilities, needs, and backgrounds learn together! Important academic, social, and ethical skills and attitudes are developed when students with various strengths, needs, and backgrounds learn together

My children are thriving at Wish! They are excelling academically, all while learning important social skills and developing into kind human beings.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Integrity is a word, and character trait, my kids have known about since the beginning of their learning. We teach it, we live it, and our kids know that it's a pinnacle characteristic in the kind of people we want to be and want to surround ourselves with. WISH exemplifies this characteristic daily.

In our third year at WISH: WISH cares. I don't just mean the principal, though she does incessantly. I mean the entire community. The staff, the parents, AND the kids. We all feel the gift that is WISH. We don't just do what's expected. We don't settle for okay. WISH is constantly striving and learning and growing. We build off each other. Our teachers and students practice mindfulness and the results show. Ask any staff member how they feel about landing a job at WISH and they'll tell you, in some form, that they feel like they've won the lottery to work in an environment that nurtures and respects the learning process, truly for each child. My original review: (a father's perspective) After only four days of being a WISH parent, I can easily tell you why we're so thrilled to be here. Our daughter is very tentative socially. Seeing this on day 1, her kindergarten teacher held her hand as they walked to the yard and had her sit at her side when they sat in a group. Day 3, drop off was tearful, so the principal came out, took her hand, spoke sweetly with her, then texted my wife a photo of her happy in her classroom 10 minutes later. How she found time to do this during her busy first week of school on a new campus, I'm just so impressed. Today I expressed (via email) a concern to her teacher and got a very warm, thoughtful and honestly caring response remarkable fast (after class). Between the Office Manager, the Finance Manager, the Principal and our Kindergarten Teacher, I'm so deeply impress and so happy to be here. In fact, we're so happy here that I passed on our late acceptance to the school that had been my higher choice prior to meeting the WISH crew in the days before school began. Hands down, it's a great place to be and we're lucky to be here. Oh, and she came home today, her 4th day of kindergarten, talking about consonants.

WISH is a place where every child is valued and respected, a school filled with competent compassionate staff, and connected by the most amazing parent community. Every day we are grateful our kids can thrive in an environment that can serve their various needs right in our own neighborhood. I wish every child had the opportunity to attend this gem of a school.

This is a wonderful, nurturing community of educators, working collaboratively to provide the best learning and life foundation for all the children. They make a tremendous effort to support the interests of every individual student, from creative pursuits to athletic. Their innovative philosophy is astounding!

I am so grateful for this school in my life. WISH works hard to find the best solutions for every child in a caring and engaging environment. They have great leadership, teachers and staff that all work together to do what's best for the kids.

We are about to finish our first year at WISH and couldn't be happier with the school. The small class sizes and individual attention for each student have both been instrumental in helping our son develop throughout the school year. Field trips and extracurricular activities are arranged to build community and encourage kids to explore music, art, science, robotics and more. Teachers are friendly, communicative and respond quickly to any questions you may have about curriculum or your child's needs. We are so grateful to be a part of the WISH community!

I am so greatfull to this school. This school came right on time when I was Running out of. Options. My son started school in the Culver City school district. When he was ready for fist grade we were told he needed a school permit. The Permit was denied. But finally was giving to us for that year. When 2nd grade came It was dinied again, but thank god WISH was here. I Love this school, the teachers, and the staff is great. But most of all my son loves it. Thank you WISH.

Last modified Westside Innovative School House is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.