Public charter
Los Angeles, CA

Celerity Octavia Charter School 2

Posted October 31, 2014
First, couple of reviews are clearly written by the school administration. Second, the school quality is plunging. All the principle is concerned about is rules, rules, and rules once again. There's no point to come to her to work something out because it's either her way or high way. She even went that far telling my kid, "I don't care what your parents think" straight to his face! She is always busy and don't have time to talk to us although I could see her nicely chirping with other goody-goody parents. Once you had guts to stand up for your kid, she would take every opportunity to pick on your kid. I have to mention that teachers are ok. They do their job and teach well.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 05, 2014
The PTO President for School Year 2013-2014 (not the PTO Treasurer) took the funds raised for the field trips. But the rest of the PTO Officers, some parents, as well as the school administration cooperated and are still working with the Police Department and the District Attorney's Office to get through the legal proceedings. The case is now in court and everything is being done in order to recuperate the funds that were taken. This is a great school with wonderful kids and parents who are very friendly and are willing to help as much as they could! Let us not allow the incident with the former PTO President stop us from volunteering and helping out but instead let us be encouraged to be more involved for the benefit of our children. Our teachers are very dedicated in motivating and educating our children to perform to the best of their abilities, Hand-in-hand we can keep the rating of our school as one of the best in our area!

Celerity Octavia Charter School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
PTO Treasurer Accused Of Stealing $$$$$ From School. " We are very disappointed!!!!!!!!!" "She took money from little kids,and parents donations"
2 people found this helpful

Celerity Octavia Charter School 4

Posted March 11, 2014
Previous principal was effective and everything about this school was great right from the start. Now is good but the children seem very stressed and unhappy. The new principal began making numerous, unnecessary changes to school (and I don't mean common core changes) that make no sense and are absolutely not improving how the school functions or benefiting the children. At least 8 teachers have left, no one knows exactly the truth, or why. No one is notified or given reasons for these changes. It seems (per principal instructions?) the excessive school work is being drilled into these students in "a week". She isn't available for parents, or students. Incidents and problems that have occurred, she undermines students, parents, and teachers. Staff or teachers handle the situation because she is not around or not very concerned to give it enough attention. It seems she is trying to instill her own personal believes and personal is not how to run a school. She seems discriminating at times against people's point of view. Many parents believe she is inappropriate for this position whether she acquires assistance and needs experience and training, especially in people skills.
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 20, 2013
THe diverse population of students and teachers make this school the best. it offers quality education for a neighborhood that is need. Giving the opportunity for the children of the future to grow and develop into someone amazing and influential.

Posted September 07, 2012
I WAS GOING CRAZY TRYING TO FIND A GOOD SCHOOL AND ONE DAY A SAW A SIGN AND I WENT TO HAVE AN INTERVIEW WITH THE STAFF. THEY SHOWED ALL THEIR GOALS FOR THE YEAR AND HOW THEY WERE READY FOR. SO FAR I HAVEN'T SEE ANY OTHER SCHOOL WITH AN OUTSTANDING DISCIPLINE AND CARING STAFF. I WISH THEY COULD HAVE A ''HIGH SCHOOL'' ONE DAY! MISS. SHAIQ IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL PRINCIPAL.

Posted August 31, 2012
Ever since my first son started at Octavia I was impress by their educational goals. Ocatvia's number one goal is to help each student over pass their weakness subject. Another important goal about this school is that they encourage their students to always have an outstanding discipline inside and outside school grounds. Parents that care about their child's education is greatful to Octavia and as a result, Octavia has a high community parent involment. I am vey thankful to all the Staff, teachers and especially to Miss. Shaiq for their caring and hard work.

Posted August 14, 2012
I have two daughters at Celerity Octavia, both come from public schools, I tried two different public schools and we had the same problems. Teacher that did not care and principals that could not take of problem teachers. Both my girls are now advanced in all areas, Reading, math, comp. etc not to mention on self confidence, Now they know that they can achieve anything if they work hard. This is priceless, but could only be achieved by caring teachers. I just wish that problem children and parents could be weeded out.

Celerity Octavia Charter School 1

Posted April 19, 2012
Dog and pony show for site visits and parents. Not enough textbooks, no consistency in curriculum, homework or discipline for kids, kids are drilled in language arts and math but if it's not on the CST it's not getting taught. Kids are money in the seat. Nice principal but ineffective and weak.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 23, 2011
A great school with caring staff and teachers. The principal is caring and awesome and ALL the teachers really do care about each individual student.

Celerity Octavia Charter School
3010 Estara Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90065
Last modified Celerity Octavia Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Celerity Octavia Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top