Los Angeles, CA

Posted October 17, 2014
My two children have been going to SJE since kindergarten. The school is up-to-date with technology and common core standards. They are cutting edge. The teach the Catholic values that I respect and treasure for my family. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is thinking about sending their kids to Catholic school!!

Posted January 10, 2014
My children have attended SJE for the past 3 years- they previously were in another well respected private non denominational school . Since their arrival, they have enbraced the Catholic education and values that SJE provides. The teachers are fabulous and provide learning in such a new and inovative way. The circiulum is well rounded and top nothced!! When I walk onto the campus I always am greeted in such a warm inviting way- either by staff, teachers or parents. SJE is an excellent school- Come see for yourself- Open House Coming up 1/26/14 9-1pm ( talk to the teachers/staff)

Posted January 10, 2014
We obviously had many choices when it came to schools for our children and we are extremely happy with our choice. Our children are receiving a great, faith-based education and have so many opportunities for extra-curricular activities. The swim team is top-notch. The school also offers science with lab, computer class, music, choir, chess, dance, art, PE, track and field, afterschool sports for the older kids, etc. The library is great and rewards the children with fun programs such as AR. Every school has flaws or has upset "someone" from time to time, but this school seems to do it less. Strict? Not too strict, but if you want someone coddling your kid then maybe this school isn't for you. The staff genuinely care about the students and teach the older children to treat the younger ones with respect and friendship. The older students also respect the parents who come onto campus. SJE ALSO has a ZERO tolerance when it comes to bullying, which is more than I can say for MANY other schools in the valley - both from personal experience and stories from other parents. The principal also does a great job at balancing her care for her staff and the families at the school.

Posted January 09, 2014
Our son started at SJE in the fourth grade and will graduate in June 2014. Our family has had nothing but positive experience's with SJE school. The principle and faculty have been wonderful and it shows in the type of student and young man our son has become. The teachers always have time for parent questions and work with us if our son needs help in any area of his school work. Our family has made life long friends at SJE and we are happy we chose SJE for our sons education. The McColley Family

Posted January 09, 2014
It is hard to read the reviews coming from 5th Grade parents who are planning on leaving SJE, because I know they are hearing gossip from other parents (disgruntled or via gossip). I heard the same things when my children were in 5th grade and with both now in SJE middle school, I am VERY happy that I did not listen to them. Strict, yeah maybe, but I think kids these days are so coddled & are not taught how to be strong decent people anymore. They are at school more than at home & I am proud to say that my children are being taught manners, when I can't be there to do it. A few new teachers, but most are seasoned & have been there longer than people are giving them credit for. My 6th grader LOVES the teacher, enjoys going to school & is thriving, that is important to my family. SJE will stand behind 8th graders while applying to HS & they even offer to contact the HS of choice if there are problems getting in. I can't say the same for many other schools. I wish people would look into the school, teachers & the middle school rather than listening to the gossip of other parents. Honestly, tell me of a school that is perfect through and through. You will NOT find one.

St. John Eudes 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My son goes there. He is happy in the school. I m especially fond of the parent seminars offered at night and the fact that everyone knows my child's name nod is friendly toward him. Whether the child is reading two grade levels above or more is not really the school's doing but a mere fact that all kids are different. I have three, so I know. The catholic aspect is stressed and so is courteously and respect. The principal is energetic, hardworking, and tries hard. Moreover, she is a practicing catholic and this sets the mood for the school. For all this, I give the school four stars.

Posted October 18, 2013
My child won't be going to middle school here. The teachers are not experience and not that great. A lot needs to be done because of poor teacher quality. Most of the teachers are new and seems to need extensive training. Most good/experience teachers are not there anymore. I know a lot of 5th grader parents are not planning to come back for middle school.

Posted October 18, 2013
Reading the reviews makes me wonder if my child will be attending middle school here. I know a lot of parents in 5th grade are planning to move out to another school. I guess I'll have to look for one starting now. 5th grade is ok but there are 36 or 37 of them in the class which is too much.

Posted June 08, 2013
Terrible, very strict definitely will not be putting my child through middle school here. The elementary classes are alright. Though the discipline in the middle school is unbelievable. I hope many 5th grade families decide to go to Nobel with us.

Posted May 09, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about this school, it's teachers and the principal. My son was previously enrolled in a public elementary school for pre-K. He was bullied at that school and the principal did nothing. Even called my son a liar! Enter St John Eudes. I was reluctant to send my son to a new school, thinking the trauma of a change would be worse. I couldn't have been more wrong! My son not only made friends when entering kindergarten, he made buddies for life at SJE! The children are taught to be good to one another and to foster life long friendships. They pray for one another through hardships. When my son lost his Gmother, the entire class prayed for him. His buddies were right there for him comforting him along with his teacher and her assistant They also celebrate birthdays, new additions to the family, and accomplishments together. These guys are learning the true meaning of friendship and caring by living it inside and outside the classroom. As for academics, my son reads at a 2nd grade level, and he has learned great math and science concepts from SJE. Smartboards in every classroom, individual attention for each student, and the best car-line of any LA school!

St. John Eudes