K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 16, 2015
All teachers are qualified or credentialed. Many of them have been teaching for several years.

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2015
My daughter has been enrolled in this school, and this community has been very welcoming. The teachers have an abundance of resources and are willing to help children improve. I look forward to working with CCS this year!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 16, 2015
The principal as well as individual teachers discuss honesty, integrity, and fairness to all students. In addition, they are great role models for our children! The staff lives out these values!

Posted August 26, 2015
All around horrible experience for my son. The grading curve is way too high. Even a 92% is a B, which brought my child's confidence down. I transferred my son out this year, but the trouble from this school has followed us. I requested a letter of recommendation and some necessary paperwork. They have stated that my son is so poor in English that the new school has placed my son in ESL. My son was born in the US, doesn't even speak his native language. I was simply appalled. I spoke with other parents and all students that transfer out of this school are having a hard time because of the poorly written letters. My son now believes that no matter how hard he tries, that he will be held behind. His confidence has dropped so incredibly low that he just wants to give up. My heart is broken and I don't know what to do to help him feel better. I am doing what I can to straighten out this mess but I'm afraid the damage is done. This school focuses on high reputation that they have no regard to the students. Does nothing for their confidence. and because you are transferring out, they just disregard you. Absolutely a horrible school. I regret sending my child here.

Posted June 26, 2014
I grew up in a Catholic family. I was raised with Catholic values and traditions. I wanted to give those same things to my child, which included a school with the same. I made the worst mistake about that by sending my child here. The school states that it has values, yet my child was bullied during the year, and nothing was done. There was gossiping in the school yard, by the students which in turn was fueled by the parents who gossiped directly in front of the kids. The administration is consistently asking for donations, and they make those who cannot donate feel like outcasts. The school only cares about test scores, and not about the child as a whole. The teachers yell at the kids, call the kids out in the classroom and embarrass them. They care more about updating technology then having hot water, or even clean water running in the restrooms. The water fountains taste as if the water is dirty. I would not recommend this school to anyone. EVER!!!

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 2

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is great if you are above grade level. They cater to one type of child...bright. They have high expectations, which is GREAT but what about those kids who need a little extra help. If your child is not doing well academically, they will suggest you look for tutoring elsewhere, which cost more $$. They are up to date on technology it seems, but yet some teachers still do not have web pages where a parent can go to look for projects and assignments. And do not let me get started on HOMEWORK!!! They give a lot! Don't they know that not all parents are wealthy and therefore some of us still have to work, make dinner, showers, extra curricular activities and try to spend some family time together. My child is doing about 6 hours of school a day plus another 3-4 hours of homework. But like I said, if your child is above grade level, and you have a nanny to do homework with your child, then you will like this school just fine.

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2013
Im a student. Ive been attending this school since kindergarten, and i am currently in the 7th grade. Overall, its a very good school, and the technology is very advanced. The expectations are really high though, and its really hard to get a 4.0

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2013
This school could really use a friendly staff. The front office greets you with rudeness and silence. Adults who are now in their 30's that were CCS students are shocked to know that the office staff is still there and have nothing nice to say about one individual. They say she was just as rude and mean back when they were in school. Parents are nickled and dimed for every little thing. Parents who put a lot of effort and time into the school are not appreciated and truly mistreated. Homework time is so overwhelming and at times ridiculous. The school is so far gone with technology that they fail to realize what this technology is doing to our kids. Some of the teachers yell to much at the kids and embarrass them in front of their peers. The class size is too big considering it is a private school and good money is being paid for these children.

Posted May 27, 2013
This school is just horrible. They keep spending their money on new technology and it isn't helping my child at all! They yell at my kid for having an imagination, and tell him he is a slacker! ;( I decided to transfer him to St. Brenden's! At least their church is usable now!

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 5

Posted March 16, 2012
After experiencing both public as well other private school educational systems, I truly believe that CCS is a RARE find in this day and age. The faculty and staff are constantly striving to improve the overall experience of every student. Our advancements in technology, including iPADs, a Mac lab, lcd projectors, interactive whiteboards & remote controls, as well as the recent addition of document cameras have transformed the way in which we are able to educate our students. We use a plethora of methods to teach and provide individualized attention to our students in ALL subjects. The curriculum is rigorous and has resulted in the success of our students in high school and beyond. We are now in the process of fundraising for a state of the art science lab and art room. With the careful and responsible planning of our principal we have been able to set goals and achieve them. Above all else, we are a family and a diverse community built on faith. It is truly a blessing to be a part of such a special place.

755 South Cochran Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90036
Last modified Cathedral Chapel Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Cathedral Chapel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 161 reviews. Top