Posted June 26, 2014
I grew up in a Catholic family. I was raised with Catholic values and traditions. I wanted to give those same things to my child, which included a school with the same. I made the worst mistake about that by sending my child here. The school states that it has values, yet my child was bullied during the year, and nothing was done. There was gossiping in the school yard, by the students which in turn was fueled by the parents who gossiped directly in front of the kids. The administration is consistently asking for donations, and they make those who cannot donate feel like outcasts. The school only cares about test scores, and not about the child as a whole. The teachers yell at the kids, call the kids out in the classroom and embarrass them. They care more about updating technology then having hot water, or even clean water running in the restrooms. The water fountains taste as if the water is dirty. I would not recommend this school to anyone. EVER!!!

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is great if you are above grade level. They cater to one type of child...bright. They have high expectations, which is GREAT but what about those kids who need a little extra help. If your child is not doing well academically, they will suggest you look for tutoring elsewhere, which cost more $$. They are up to date on technology it seems, but yet some teachers still do not have web pages where a parent can go to look for projects and assignments. And do not let me get started on HOMEWORK!!! They give a lot! Don't they know that not all parents are wealthy and therefore some of us still have to work, make dinner, showers, extra curricular activities and try to spend some family time together. My child is doing about 6 hours of school a day plus another 3-4 hours of homework. But like I said, if your child is above grade level, and you have a nanny to do homework with your child, then you will like this school just fine.

Posted October 22, 2013
Im a student. Ive been attending this school since kindergarten, and i am currently in the 7th grade. Overall, its a very good school, and the technology is very advanced. The expectations are really high though, and its really hard to get a 4.0

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2013
This school could really use a friendly staff. The front office greets you with rudeness and silence. Adults who are now in their 30's that were CCS students are shocked to know that the office staff is still there and have nothing nice to say about one individual. They say she was just as rude and mean back when they were in school. Parents are nickled and dimed for every little thing. Parents who put a lot of effort and time into the school are not appreciated and truly mistreated. Homework time is so overwhelming and at times ridiculous. The school is so far gone with technology that they fail to realize what this technology is doing to our kids. Some of the teachers yell to much at the kids and embarrass them in front of their peers. The class size is too big considering it is a private school and good money is being paid for these children.

Posted May 27, 2013
This school is just horrible. They keep spending their money on new technology and it isn't helping my child at all! They yell at my kid for having an imagination, and tell him he is a slacker! ;( I decided to transfer him to St. Brenden's! At least their church is usable now!

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 5

Posted March 16, 2012
After experiencing both public as well other private school educational systems, I truly believe that CCS is a RARE find in this day and age. The faculty and staff are constantly striving to improve the overall experience of every student. Our advancements in technology, including iPADs, a Mac lab, lcd projectors, interactive whiteboards & remote controls, as well as the recent addition of document cameras have transformed the way in which we are able to educate our students. We use a plethora of methods to teach and provide individualized attention to our students in ALL subjects. The curriculum is rigorous and has resulted in the success of our students in high school and beyond. We are now in the process of fundraising for a state of the art science lab and art room. With the careful and responsible planning of our principal we have been able to set goals and achieve them. Above all else, we are a family and a diverse community built on faith. It is truly a blessing to be a part of such a special place.

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 5

Posted June 17, 2011
There's one teacher in after school that yells at kids and a classroom teacher that forces her smile after she says something mean and condescending. I'm saying that, hopefully the principal would correct them or hire somebody else. I'm giving the school five stars inspite of those teachers that are not kind and positive because over all the school is great: academics, safety and for the catholic education.

Posted June 08, 2011
CCS has excellent students, families, and office staff. Some teachers are great, even inspirational. Other teachers yell at the kids too much, for my liking. I am taking my kids to another school.

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
My son is the 11th member of my family to attend Cathedral Chapel. We keep coming back because of the family atmosphere, the diversity of the student body, the faculty and the high standards and academics that they keep improving upon. The school was recently accredited for 6 years, the longest possible term. We love CCS and so will you.

Posted March 21, 2010

Cathedral Chapel Elementary School
755 South Cochran Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90036
Last modified Cathedral Chapel Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Cathedral Chapel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 146 reviews. Top