K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our daughter started at CCS in Kindergarten this year and we are so happy with the school. We truly feel that we are part of a family. We have found the faculty and office staff to be very helpful and supportive.- and my daughter is surprising me every day with how much she is learning. Math is her favourite!!! CCS is a little gem in the middle of Los Angeles. We are so thankful for it and so happy it goes all the way up to Grade 8!

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is like no homework. When i went there, in a week, I had about 20-30 minutes of homework. That's per week. And the homework was busy work, didn't mean anything

The community and education are the strength of this school. The parents are all very involved creating a family atmosphere. Passionate teachers and very diverse student body. My wife and I love this school. A top education at an affordable private school price. Check it out.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers seem well prepared for daily lessons, they inform us on our child's progress on a regular basis and have excellent classroom management.

I like that Cathedral Chapel has a strong parent presence. We not only feel welcome on campus, we are encouraged to participate in all aspects of our son's education. I appreciate that my son has learned lessons using current apps and websites as well as text books and flash cards. The school seems very in touch with tried and true, old school teaching paired with cutting edge, modern technology. Most importantly, the principal and staff emphasize respect, responsibility and faith which is lacking in public schools these days.

A school is a place away from home, somewhere your children can feel comfortable and safe, a place to develop, learn and grow with confidence. We all want the best for our children, finding the right school makes a huge difference. My husband and I are extremely happy with Cathedral Chapel School. Moving to LA we found that the education system is so different then where we came from. My husband and I wanted a school where our children can learn strong academically and advance quickly. We enjoy how the school involves every grade when it comes to Spelling Bees, Religion Bees, Geography Bees and there Science Fair, it was one of the most fun experience to have all grades involved in. The schools computer class is amazing, each student learns on Mac Computers. The Art room is so fun, you never know what piece of Art you child will create in there. Spanish class is incredable how fast they learn to read, write and speak a new language. The Science Lab, is fabulous, something I only remember seeing in High School. The Music program is fantastic, the children develop and learn so quickly through the art of music. When we found this school there was no way I would even look at another school. we are incredibly happy hear and looking forward to seeing our children develop with Cathedral Chapel School.

Our children are completing their second year at Chapel, following a great experience at a highly sought after LA charter school. Leaving a progressive charter school for a traditional Catholic school was a bit of an adjustment – it took the first few months to get used to the pace, and calling teachers “Mr.” and “Mrs.” but they caught on. They’ve made great friends and we, as parents, have gotten involved (there are lots of volunteer opportunities). Chapel is academically rigorous, so be prepared. Students receive top honors at the academic decathlon every year. Chapel’s system works well – graduates are accepted in the best schools in LA (Loyola, Harvard Westlake, Notre Dame, Immaculate Heart, etc.) and in the nation. This year, two of our 8th graders are moving to New York and Maryland to attend top high schools. It’s really nice to know that our students are so well-prepared. In additional to strong academics, our kids are having fun – Family Fun Night, Halloween, Jog-a-thon, Spirit Day, competitive sports, etc. -- and the music programs during the year are jaw-droppingly AMAZING. Families are super nice and get together outside of school for “unofficial” social events, which gives everyone a chance to bond. Two enthusiastic thumbs up for Cathedral Chapel!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Our children are learning a lot and consistently bring home excellent standardize test scores (well above grade level).

Amount of homework: Agree

My children are the in the after-school program and are usually done with homework by the time I pick them up (and often have time to play before I pick them up). Projects can, however, be very time-consuming, so plan ahead.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty and integrity are very important qualities that the school tries to reinforce. Students are recognized and praised when they are good citizens, and can receive "Saint of the Month" awards. Students also attend Mass every month are are taught religion.

Last modified Cathedral Chapel Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8