Los Angeles, CA

Posted August 21, 2014
I am a new parent at this school. I cannot express how impressed I am with the level of organization, competency and compassion I have experienced so far. The staff are all truly involved in every students experience and they work hard to make it a great experience. Just on the second day of school they announced they received another tech grant. Clearly they know what they are doing and how to make this way of learning work. I just don't get why others have not caught on how great this school is ?!?

St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School 4

Posted November 08, 2013
The new principal is really working hard to get grants to upgrade our school. It is obvious that the school just needed the right leadership to motivate the teachers who are now involved like I have never seen before, which in turn is motivating the parents. The children are happy with the way they are being taught. This school is a gem that just needed the right leadership to move it in the right direction. I am very excited to see the postive changes coming soon to our school.

St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2013
My Daughter Has attended SFA Since 1St Grade, This Year Our Life Change & SFA Staff Were Willing To Help Us Out Financially & We Will Be Forever Grateful. Unfortunately My Daughter Did Not Return This Year & Placed Her Close By School. It Is An Eye Opener, We Came To Realize That SFA Teaching Standards Are Behind, My Daughter At This Time Is Struggling With The Subjects & Needs Tutoring To Be To Date With Her Grade Level. I Am Disappointed With SFA Way Of Teaching & The Materials That Teachers Are Teaching Our Kids With. My Daughter Was With SFA For 6 Years & Middle School As Is Not Easy & To Be Behind At Her Grade Level Hasn't Been Easy. She Is Struggleling, If Only We Knew How Bad It Is At SFA, I Would Off Taken Her Out Sooner. The School Is A Good School, But Needs Good Teachers & Needs To Update Their Materials, Cause Those Kids Will Struggle If they Go to Another School, Just Like My Daughter Is Struggling.

St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2013
This is child centered focus school. We are a non catholic family and have the school very embracing of children who have their religions. Classes are small and teachers are excellent. They want all the children to succeed through hardwork and dedication. Teachers run the after school program for the students which range from cooking, basketball, Spanish, art, science and Tagala. They have an award winning drill team. Because its a private school serving some of the poorest communities that is also taken into consideration in the fee structure for the school which makes it affordable even for Title I families.The school is small and contained with all children from K-8 being housed in the same building. Last year end of a school performance showed off all the artistic talents of all the children that attend and you never felt like there was just one star which I have seen at other school performances. This academic year we have new leadership however the new principal had been a previous teacher at the school and is coming back to serve the community that she worked with for a long time. We now have a new technology through out the school and will be embracing the Common Core.

St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2013
I am sad to say, I will be taking my child out of this school. Only because I liked the religious aspect now I find t to many cons to this school first the principal was fired. Okay some good changes seen after but now the vice principal was demoted then a couple of months later handed her walking papers, which was hard to take since she is so good with the kids and a excellent teacher. And to top it all of, now 5 teachers have been given there walking papers, and we the parents are being told that our kids will have combined grade classes. To much change in one year and not for the best. Maybe the school should figure out how to bring more students instead of letting go of teachers. Best luck to the school

Posted July 01, 2012
What a blessing it is to work alongside qualified teachers. It is abundantly clear that the new teachers have brought a new fire to the school, a positive change. One that I'm sure will meet the needs of your children. Please stop by our school. Visit with our qualified teachers. We welcome your questions. Shadow a student. Talk to our parents, and you will see...SFA is the place to be.

St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2012
Looks like SFA is up to it's old tricks. 4 clearly solicited positive reviews on the same day after months of inactivity and a bad review seems like the kind of fishy activity that the principal would undertake to make his school look slightly better. Make no mistake, the level of leadership from the principal is embarassing. I look forward to next 4 positive reviews in an attempt to hide this review in the coming days, but anyone lucky enough to read this before must heed the warning that this school is a joke. Poor leadership and few qualified teachers make St. Francis of Assisi one of the worst schools a parent can choose for their child. I'm the drill team is good and the BBQ's are fun, but the level of instruction is pathetic.

Posted May 05, 2012
HEY-HEY-HEY! Our drill team placed 1st in dance & 2nd in pom at the CYO (catholic youth organization) CHEERLEADING competition. They also placed 1st in pomp & 1st for the first time in the prop novelty division at Sharp International competition at Azusa University last weekend. Woohoo! You girls are awesome! I also saw that a couple of boys have joined in. Way to go!!!

Posted May 05, 2012
OMG! Thank you SFA for making my daughter feel so special. The SFA drill team showed up at my daughter's preschool and taught them a fun dance routine that got the whole room moving. Afterwards, they called her up and announced that she was now a member of their team and awarded her the drill team tshirt as well as her new pom poms. Then she danced with them the routine that she was taught at the workshop. My lil one so proud, she didn't want to take it off! Thank you to the drill team & their coach for making my girl feel so special.

St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School 3

Posted June 20, 2011
ignore all reviews written by a teacher for this school. they are biased and were encouraged.

St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School
1550 Maltman Avenue, Los Angeles, CA  90026
Last modified St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Francis Of Assisi Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top