St. Frances X. Cabrini 4

Posted October 27, 2013
This is a good School my son and daughter are happy with their teachers and the principal too.!!

Posted March 06, 2013
I sent my child to St. Frances Cabrini for her final year of middle school because I believed the enviornment would be much more tamed than public school since there are less students and I thought she would get an excellent education. I was WRONG!! My child is in the 8th grade and she is not being academically challenged what so ever. She is not given enough homework to last an hour. There are days when she has learned absolutely nothing. She is never given vocabulary words. She was getting a better education in the LAUSD Math Science Magnet Program. They are out multiple days EVERY month for unknown reasons. The worst part about this school is that they allow bullying and fighting. My child tells me about her day everyday. I made the principle and the pastor aware of a situation where a child is being physically assaulted daily by known trouble makers in the school and to this day, NOTHING has been done about it. The kids in middle school talk back and completely disrespect the teachers. The principal is a nice person but she has no control over these kids and she seems annoyed when issues are brought to her attention. It is total chaos. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL!

Posted February 20, 2013
St. Francis Cabrini is a wonderful catholic school. I have volunteered in the classroom setting and I must say the teachers are very knowledgeable in all areas. They not only teach the children based on the curriculum but they teach them MANNERS! Something that should be taught in every school. These students will likely be well rounded as they also incorporate religion and are open to celebrating others cultures. Such as the Mexican tradition "Day of the Dead". The children seem happy to be in school and eager to learn. The staff, teachers, and parents are very involved in their children's education. Cabrini is a great learning and growing environment that I would recomend to any family for their child or children.

Posted February 19, 2013
I love this School & Staff. I am a parent of a student that attends Cabrini and I have to say that the overall aspect of the school is impeccable. This School brings a Family Enviorment where students ar polite with excellent manners. Cabrini helps my child to be an overral achiever while becoming a respectful individual, by being a good Christian. Teachers bring both aspects of christianity and acamedia perfectly by making my child an above average student. They also encourage their students to be leaders in their own communities. I recommend Cabrini to any parent!

Posted January 23, 2013
My three children have been going to this school since kindergarden, my oldest is now in the 6th grade. Cabrini is a GREAT school and my children love it! The teachers are involved with the school activities, they are helpful in providing guidance to parents and strive for student excellence. The staff is very friendly as well. My children participate in various extracurricular activities that they love and are encouraged everyday to try their best. I would definitely recommend this school to incoming students.

Posted January 18, 2013
I am not connected with Cabrini as a parent or staff member. I worked in the field of education for almost 20 years, and I now work with Cabrini as a volunteer who frequently comes to the campus for various meetings. It is such a joy to visit this school. The children greet me politely, always saying, "Welcome to Cabrini." Their manners are excellent. As I walk the hallways, I see children engaged in their lessons; the climate is calm and businesslike. No school is perfect, but it is obvious that much care ios being taken at Cabrini to offer the best possible experience to the beautiful children there.

Posted October 24, 2012
i have been to this school since kindergarten. i really want to leave my school i HATE it. We have alot of days of of and some times they are for un necessary reasons. and they don't even give us h.w!!! when we come in the morning the principal gives us a speech about things we already know like be ourselves be unique. and the poor kids with heavy backpacks waiting for her to be done.also they don't challenge us. i ask other students if are learning what i am and there like"oh i learned that in 5th grade".they dont give us a good academic challenge.the teachers are bad its like they dont know how to teach.my 6th grade teacher made me cry 5 times.and she had favorites.my 7th grade teacher which i am curently in doesnt know how to discipline he doesnt . and thats coming from a 7th grader!!!!!!!!!!all he does is say quiet please.bad teacher.i dont recomend this school to nobody!!

Posted October 22, 2012
What a blessing! This school is great! I love how welcoming and accommodating the teachers are. I am a close friend of parents. Their child is in first grade and I am very happy with the school. She loves that they have small class sizes. The chid really gets the attention she needs. I can see that there are some areas of weakness, but I believe that this is a rebuilding period. I think that there are good things to come for this school.

St. Frances X. Cabrini 2

Posted August 07, 2012
This school needs to dramatically change its policies. I see less students than there were five years ago. The Prinicipal is never around to deal with various issues. She is not visible throughout the school campus. I don't feel I am getting my money's worth because the kids have many days off for no reason and at the last minute. Serious atention needs to be dealt with finances. Seriously, does 8th grad need a party bus to Disneyland? Are these the Catholic values we are instilling in them? A bit more humbleness please. How about re thinking such measures. There were some teachers in the past administration that were stronger at various skills. It's sad to see the school deteriorating.

Posted June 02, 2011
If you are interested in a school committed to providing your child with a solid academic foundation, maintaining schedules and contractual commitments, and teaching in a systematic and organized environment conducive to learning, then you should eliminate St. Frances X Cabrini from your list of options. As a close friend of an 8th grade parent. I have observed an institution of chaos, mismanagement, and communication problems beyond reason. My god-child hasn't been engaged, challenged nor required to be consistent in preparation for high school. Last minute assignments have been thrown without teaching the lessons, they've taken money for sports programs that didn't occur, & the list goes on. This experience is & has been so bad, it makes the worse school within LAUSD look like a California Distinguished School. I know there are several parents who can't wait to leave this school behind. For example, a parent has opted to forgo the graduation and request for the diploma to be mailed instead and another parent withdrew her child one week prior to graduation. Does this sound like a school for you, your child, and checkbook? As you can surmise, I don't recommend this school at all.

St. Frances X. Cabrini