K-8|Private

Bad
Good

St. Gregory Nazianzen 4

Posted September 04, 2014
Its true there has been a high teacher turn over last school year(s). Last year two teachers left, not sure why that was? However I do see the Principal making an effort on updating each classroom with new overhead projectors, iMac computers, ipads in each classroom. My child is very happy here and feels very safe. Its like a family environment and my child feels like he/she can always talk to the principal if he needs to. Her door is always open. I wish they had a better playground for the kids, but I believe they are working on that.

St. Gregory Nazianzen 1

Posted September 26, 2013
I am writing this review because I feel like parents should know what they are getting their children into. The staff at this school is constantly changing, last year the first grade and the kindergarten teacher both left mid school year and the year before last 7 out of 8 total teachers had to be replaced after they resigned from their positions. This can only mean that there are internal and administration problems.The resources they use are extremely out dated and there is no use of technology in the classroom. Most classrooms do not even have an overhead projector! The enrollment over the last few years has dropped significantly since the new principal (her last name is Guzman) took over. I would strongly advise you to send your children else where. Do not waste your money at this school.

Posted September 29, 2011
This school should be on the westside, but I'm lucky it's in my neighborhood. The new principal is energetic and enthusiastic. My little one has iPads in the classroom and they are focus on curriculum. What I love is the staff and how much they care. I can't wait for the new kindergarten next year. It will be nice to have my three kids together.

Posted June 20, 2011
This year was my first year at St. Gregory Nazianzen School and what a great year. My children had attended public school for the last 4years and we tried a private school for the first time. WHY DID WE WAIT!!!!! Private school is definitely the way to go. Every sacrifice is worth it and I will continue for their entire education. Saint Gregory has a quality education with high academic expectations, it s definitely a Westside school found in the mid-Wilshire area and not as costly. The area is beautiful and different from other local schools. The new principal is changing from a traditional set of learning to a collaborate way of learning. I can t wait for next year where many new things will be implemented. Starting with 5-8 being departmentalized and focused on high school preparation. More to come

Posted January 11, 2011
In the Mid-Wilshire area this private school is a hidden gem. It's in a great location, three blocks from the Larchmont area. My son has attended St. Gregory since first grade and has two years to graduate. I can truly say he is receiving a quality education. The new administrator is doing a great job and I can't wait to see what is done in the next two years. I would recommend the school in a heart beat. Just ask the numerous students who have pursued a higher (college) education.

Posted January 03, 2011
Great school!!!! challenging academic programs and dedicated teachers .My two children love the school. It has a new young principal that is dedicated 100% to making the school better. Tuition is the lowest in the area and currently it is $305 a month. They can definitely charge more. I am giving the school credit that it deserves.

Posted September 19, 2009
Provides an outstanding education and addresses students special needs to be successful.

St. Gregory Nazianzen