K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Everyone is hands on and they take care of our kids.

Supports LD students: Agree

Tutoring and extra help is always available!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Ms. Guzman and Ms. Alma are great! If you ever need help they are always willing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

It is important for teachers to love what they do, and all of the teachers here are amazing! They are determined to teach kids and leave lasting impressions.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is a big part of this school. My daughter often has plenty of homework, and for the same reason she is excelling in various areas. Practice makes perfect!

I have been a part of the St. Gregory Nazianzen Family for 5 years now. I say family because that is what comes along with your child being enrolled here. This school is small, tight knit, a community, and such a welcoming family to be a part of. Over the last couple of years the school has changed, and for the better. Technology has been implemented and every classroom has up to date technology to work with. The children enjoy working with all of it. Not only has technology improved, but we also have a brand new science lab for our high school prep students! St Gregory Nazianzen is catering to the education of their students. There are plenty more improvements in store as well. Our teachers are all wonderful and easy to communicate with. With small classroom sizes, your child is definitely going to get that attention that other schools lack. This is a primary reason why my daughter is enrolled here. If any extra help is needed, the help and attention is always there. St. Gregory is special. We would love to see new families, but I highly recommend it. My little is an honor student and learning so much. -Monica Parent

Its true there has been a high teacher turn over last school year(s). Last year two teachers left, not sure why that was? However I do see the Principal making an effort on updating each classroom with new overhead projectors, iMac computers, ipads in each classroom. My child is very happy here and feels very safe. Its like a family environment and my child feels like he/she can always talk to the principal if he needs to. Her door is always open. I wish they had a better playground for the kids, but I believe they are working on that.

I am writing this review because I feel like parents should know what they are getting their children into. The staff at this school is constantly changing, last year the first grade and the kindergarten teacher both left mid school year and the year before last 7 out of 8 total teachers had to be replaced after they resigned from their positions. This can only mean that there are internal and administration problems.The resources they use are extremely out dated and there is no use of technology in the classroom. Most classrooms do not even have an overhead projector! The enrollment over the last few years has dropped significantly since the new principal (her last name is Guzman) took over. I would strongly advise you to send your children else where. Do not waste your money at this school.

This school should be on the westside, but I'm lucky it's in my neighborhood. The new principal is energetic and enthusiastic. My little one has iPads in the classroom and they are focus on curriculum. What I love is the staff and how much they care. I can't wait for the new kindergarten next year. It will be nice to have my three kids together.

This year was my first year at St. Gregory Nazianzen School and what a great year. My children had attended public school for the last 4years and we tried a private school for the first time. WHY DID WE WAIT!!!!! Private school is definitely the way to go. Every sacrifice is worth it and I will continue for their entire education. Saint Gregory has a quality education with high academic expectations, it s definitely a Westside school found in the mid-Wilshire area and not as costly. The area is beautiful and different from other local schools. The new principal is changing from a traditional set of learning to a collaborate way of learning. I can t wait for next year where many new things will be implemented. Starting with 5-8 being departmentalized and focused on high school preparation. More to come

Last modified St. Gregory Nazianzen is a Private school that serves grades K-8