K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are given a lot of homework to reinforce the consolidation of the material learned in class.

We love St. Jerome School! We've been part of the St. Jerome Family for 8 years, and our daughter continues to strengthen her academic and leadership skills. She's developed a strong spiritual foundation, and friendships to last a lifetime. We are very pleased with the SJS Principal's leadership, and the highly dedicated and caring faculty and staff. We are so blessed to know that our daughter is in a safe learning environment, where she continues to strengthen her academic, leadership, spiritual, social and community skills that will lead her to a successful future.

St. Jerome has been a staple in the community for many years and I am happy to say that this new principal, Mrs. Doorbar, seems to be taking the school in the right direction -- up! Until the placement of this principal, the school had been headed by ineffective leadership for the prior five years, disinterested teachers, with a few exceptions, and a lack of unity. I have noticed a positive vibe with a new group of teachers and the children seem to be happy and excited about the after-school programs. The parents, too, are more positive now that a few "bad seeds" have taken root elsewhere. In addition to attending back to school night, I have had the pleasure of one-on-one conversations with the principal and I am confident that she brings the experience, knowledge, and dedication that will be necessary to restore St. Jerome to its previous glory, both academically and socially.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers are new, so how effective they will be overall is still not evident. However, the children seem happy and excited to attend school. That in itself is effective.

I'm really happy with new Principal and the direction she's taking the school in. The work is a bit more challenging this year and she seems committed to turning the school around. The staff is caring and the kids are happy to learn. We've been at St Jerome school for 3 years and I'm happy with where the school is headed.

Completely disappointed parents complain about the children but the truth is the middle school literature teacher was unqualified and unprepared. My kid do not read a quality book or complete a writing assignment since February. The Math/History teacher should base his test on his interpretation of Catholicism and his family because again my child was not challenged. The principal in September kept preaching that the children would be challenged and engaged however the teachers she challenged won and she left and we were left with mediocracy. It's a shame because most of the parents are paying for what they could get at a public school for free! I think the parents who ran the principal away bit off what they didn't understand. St Jerome is a waste of money!!!

This school due to budgetary constraints has resorted to allowing unscrupulous parents access to other parents personal information and other sensitive information. A parent sits in the office from time to time peeking at sensitive information that should not be disclosed and then she discusses this information with other parents. This is outrageous. Her child is also a bully, a known "mean girl" and is allowed to get away with it because there is no one to monitor and everyone is afraid of them. We took our kids out after 4 years of the school going downhill and we will not return. Each year this school gets worse and worse. This is just disgraceful! And the former principal was let go due to unknown reasons, she also allowed, if not encouraged this type of behavior. Get it together or this school will surely crumble.

This school is pretty good. I think that the middle school will get better over time and that the elementary school is great. The sixth grade however is out of control. But, the new principals are putting things in place and manny of this years sixth grade (class of 2016) will not be able to return to the school because if behavioral issues. Something that greatly disappoints me is that an elder teacher who used to teach is being taken advantaged of by the sixth graders. I think that all together in maybe a year or two saint jerome will be restored to its greatness and there will be no more if them making teachers cry. This year and next year will be the last if it's fooling around.

My child is in the Pre-K class and absolutely loves the teachers, classmates and even the after school care. So far I've been very pleased with the teaching style and curriculum to prepare the students in moving on to the next grade. I do love the active parent community. I am concerned about the recent leadership changes but hope that things stabilize to move SJS forward.

I am new to the school, so this post may be a bit premature. However, I am compelled to share my views thus far.... Pros: My child loves the school. She feels learning is "fun" and enjoys socializing with the other students. The curriculum appears up to standard. I especially appreciate how the principal has taken steps to implement the common core standards into the curriculum. The school appears safe and the kids are well taken care of. The small community fosters respect and an ethical character. Cons: The principal has the best interest of the school, however she can tighten up certain aspects of administration. For instance, the website is not updated, she did not give details concerning the ipad program until three days before school the start of school, and also changed key details of the Parent Handbook. The newly revised Parent Handbook was not given out until the Monday before classes began. I come from an environment that is structured and student centered. I think the principal is making positive improvements in the school, but could be a bit more Type A, so things will not seem somewhat "raggedy' at the school.

Last modified St. Jerome Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8