Los Angeles, CA

Posted June 04, 2013
I couldn't be happier at SMT. I have multiple children in elementary and junior high grades at SMT, and they are loving, smart, active, thoughtful, and determined students. The environment is not only nurturing, but also open to communication. I have always had positive responses/actions when I have approached teachers or leadership. I have one child with a learning disability and they have gone out of their way to make sure that he supported, encouraged and comfortable in his learning. I look at all of the SMT graduates that return back to see Mrs Oswald and thank her for their foundation and skills. Yes, there is a strong academic focus (which I am grateful for), but there is also an equally strong focus on the "whole" child and developing their community and personal qualities. When I was sick, the 1st and 3rd grade classes sent me notes in the hospital (each and every one of them). The parent community is friendly, fun and virtuous. This is a school that shows gratitude for any parent time or money given. It is not one of the private schools that expects numerous and large donations. It's an amazing community of children and parents.

Posted March 26, 2013
We moved last year from across the country and the SMT community has been incredible. My children love SMT! The school is very academic and structured and works very well for our family. The principal, staff and community is very warm and nurturing. They hold children accountable for their work and actions and I think we need more of that in our community. My children have learned so much and love their school! I am very grateful we are blessed to be a part of this awesome school.

Posted March 26, 2013
My children and family love Saint Martin of Tours School. It is a very academic school and the children are advanced once they go on to the best high schools in the area. They also go on to ivy and tier one colleges. The principal and staff are very loving and my children love it. You will always find unhappy people but do your research. I called the best private high schools in the area and they believe it's a fine school. We love Saint Martin of Tours School!

St. Martin Of Tours 2

Posted March 06, 2013
I have to agree with previous negative reviews. Look elsewhere. Not a warm, nurturing, "love of learning" environment.

Posted August 01, 2012
Very good school! I pulled both of my kids out of their previous private school to join SMT.The change couln't be more positive. This is a very nurturing school with a great focus on the academics. St Martin of Tours has changed our lives. My kids have become more compassionate and more caring because of the values that they teach them there. it's like a reinforcement of what we teach them at home. The parents and staff are very welcoming and there is a sense of community that we never experienced before at our other school.

Posted June 23, 2011
This school nearly destroyed my son. He transferred in and not only couldn't find friends, he couldn't even find anyone to look him in the eye. The children had all been traumatized in first grade and didn't know how to be children anymore. My son had been very popular at his previous school and couldn't understand what was up at this place. It was very painful to watch. Evil place.

Posted November 24, 2010
St. Martin of Tours is an excellent school with a nurturing learning environment. I don't understand what these other parents are complaining about. I have never met a parent who is unhappy with the school. Not only does it have a cordial faculty, but the students are family. Whenever I pick my child up I see the 8th graders playing with and hugging the younger children, all the children are laughing and merry, and the teachers encourage this amicable behavior. Although the environment may seem a bit too harsh and may give the student's little leeway, I look out the children who have graduated and how successful they are and this thought is effaced from my mind. My child loves the school. It is like going to her family everyday. The academics are superb and the physical education is promising.

Posted October 23, 2010
Run, don't walk from this school! The principle and staff take all morale out of students because the school has a ZERO nurturing environment. The school is marketed by the head as "the best bang for your buck and tells you the school is in the ranks of Carlthorp and Brentwood but at a third of the price". I realized early on that I made a huge mistake and pulled my child out of St Martins in kindergarten because I did not want my son to grow up heartless with a lack of spirit. There is a strong disconnect between the school and the church which turned my family off. The school is only interested in status seeking and it is a very cold environment. I would not recommend this school to anybody who doesn't want their child in a horrible environment.

Posted May 26, 2010
While no school is perfect, when the valedictorian's of two local (prestgious private high schools) in 2009 were both products of St. Martin of Tours, there must be something special going on. St. Martins is less focused on being a "touchy-feely" open learning instituion and more concerned with creating in young kids strong character with the critical thinking skills that are required in today's world. Its structure interlaced with Christian values and overlaid with a credo of individual responsibilty create a very strong community. Like most things-the more involved parents are (which is welcomed) the better the experience will be.

Posted May 24, 2010
The poster on May 29, 2009 must be talking about a different school. Very few families are happy at SMT but they grin and bear it because it has rigorous academics. 19 families left the middle school last year...what does that tell you? I would like to hear what she thinks now that her little darling is in 1st grade...that is when the cruelty begins. By 2nd grade, her child's spirit will be broken.

St. Martin Of Tours