5-8|Private

Bad
Good

They have no respect for the residents of the neighborhood. They have an amplification system for morning announcements which are held outside at full volume with complete disregard for the neighbors. The principal is rude and dismissive when speaking with residents.

In response to the previous reviewer: We are always conscious of our neighbors around us. The only time we use the loudspeaker is for morning prayer (which lasts about 5 minutes) and special announcements. There ae a few school functions that we hold throughout the year but they are not often and they do not last all day. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

St. Mary Magdalen is the school where children from Holy Spirit come. It's basically a continuation of Holy Spirit school with the same principal. I am a senior in high school and i wish i could go back. I loved it there. The friends i made there are my best friends till this day. When i was there, they had teachers with traditional values and i was a bit annoyed that they wouldn't understand that time has changed. I now know they were right. Their traditional ways of teaching have helped me to this day. For example, mental math and basic english and grammar have made me stand out in high school. We were taught to use our head instead of the easy way out, such as a calculator. I even did better on the SAT then some of my friends who have better grades than me because i used my head to do some mental math problems rather than waste my precious time using a calculator to do simple math problems. They do lack a bit activity wise but I currently heard they are doing better, both academically and activity wise. In a couple of years it should be one the top catholic middle schools.

Last modified St. Mary Magdalen Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades 5-8