K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The principal is hardly ever there, even when I set up an appointment with her. My son is in kindergarten and he has a great teacher when it comes to academics, however, the management of the classroom is lacking. I should have went with my first mind when I visited the class seemed to be in total chaos. She needs more help or there needs to be a better process in handling behavior problems. I've never heard of kindergarten students having to do detention! At this age, they should not be in detention especially since they forget what they did after only 20 minutes on average. They cater to Hispanics a little too much. This is still America. They do a lot of fundraisers and force you to pay if you can't sell a certain amount. My son came from a school with well-behaved children who respected their teacher and coming to this school made it very difficult to adjust. Every time I come there, the gate is open or unlocked and there is no one keeping watch. Could become a safety issue.

The school has nice students but barely any academics.The students barely know how to talk right and barely no respect.They say how there sports teams are good but the really not. The teachers are not good sports teachers either they need real coaches.Their just passing the students on to next grade without being grade level. All they really want is the money.If you want a good catholic school for your kids this is not one.

I was so shocked by the earlier reviews I had to write this. I have a daughter at St. Paul's in the 4th grade. She loves it. We love it. The other parents we know like it now, too. We are also happy with all the remodeling completed recently -- and the new technology, too. I guess complainers will always find something to complain about, but it's a shame as the administration, teachers and families have worked so hard in the last couple of years to make it into a great, little school for our kids.

This is a great place for my child..........if i were planing on leaving her here for the rest of her life, because it is clear that she is nowhere near prepared for anything above t he education she receives here. my child has had the best grades ever, and when given a simple placement test at another school she scored LESS than average....is this only my child? did she have a BAD day? was the test TOO difficult? NO..NO..and NO.. i am not the only parent this happened to.....but i guess having a new bathroom is great....yes having 1 computer per room that doesn't get used will prepare the children for the rest of their academic career..and as some parents believe yes its our jobs to provide our children with those kinds of instruments so as soon as i pay my mortgage, my car note,insurance, bills,health insurance and 2 school tuition's i shall buy my child a laptop which im sure my child will automatically know how to use on her own.......

Who ever wrote the last review must have been paid! It is sad to see the present state of this school. My children used to only attend summer school about 5 years ago, but because I saw how great the teachers were, I took them out of St. Thomas and enrolled them there. I don't know what's been going on with the new principal, she is NEVER there. I have already pulled out my last child from there. The children are not disciplined and the morals are gone! This used to be a great little school and its sad to see it going down the drain!

We love St Pauls school & recommend it! I have two kids here now, but my 2 older kids graduated from St Pauls around 7 yrs ago. We put our kids in Holy Name for a while but came back to St Pauls because it was better. The teachers have always been good, caring. The only thing I didnt like this year was a few complained a lot in front of my kids. I know it is hard to make no money but that is not for my kids to hear. My son also came home in April and repeated some trash talk between two teachers at lunch about the archdiosese. Thankfully both teachers just left the school. We love the principal, think most parents agree. A few hate her and spread gossip, but theyre not at St Pauls much so dont know all she does. I have personally seen her do A LOT for the kids, but then give the credit to them or the teachers. The last two principals were Look at what I VE done people. She is a look at what YOUR KIDS are doing! person. The Vice Principal is also very good and kind. We definitely need more $ at St Pauls. What we DONT need are parents yelling & blaming because St. Pauls isn t Notre Dame.

i must say that this school has changed in every apesct since we recieved the new principal. I am not happy at all with what goes on in the school.getting straight to the point the homework club is more of a daycare now kids are not being taken care of properly, the supervision is horrible during school hours, there is no involvment on the principals behave she does nothing for the school. The only good thing going for the school was the teachers and now five of them r leaving. this is just crazy. we need a new principal and we need one now becuase if she returns next school year them i am not and i know for a fact that many other parents will follow me. i love saint paul school and church but not the principal

MY KIDS CURRENTLY GO TO ST. PAUL BUT THEY WONT BE COMING BACK NEXT YEAR FOR 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR. THE SCHOOL HAS GONE THROUGH MANY PRINCIPALS AND TEACHERS THAT ITS HARD TO KEEP UP WITH WHO IS REALLY TEACHING YOUR CHILD. I JUST FOUND OUT WE ARE LOSING 5 TEACHERS AGAIN. SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG. MY DAUGHTER HAS GOTTEN BULLIED FROM A STUDENT THAT ALWAYS HITS AND BOTHERS EVERYONE BUT HE CONTINUES TO GO TO ST. PAUL. WHY HAVENT THEY DONE ANYTHING OVER THIS. AND BELIEVE ME..IM NOT THE ONLY P[ARENT THAT FEELS THIS WAY. ITS BEEN MORE THAN 4YRS THAT WE WERE SUPPOSE TO GET A COMPUTER CLASS FROM A FUNDRAISER THE PARENTS HAD..AND TILL THIS DAY..NO COMPUTER CLASS!!! I USE TO LOVE FOR MY GIRLS TO SATY FOR H/W CLUB WHEN MRS. B WAS THERE..BUT NOW THEY HAVE A PARENT THAT BARELY SPEAKS ENGLISH THERE. I DONT WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE BUT HOW CAN THIS PARENT HELP MY CHILD WITH MATH, ENGLISH OR SPELLING IF SHE CANT UNDERSTAND IT HERSELF!!! THEY MAKE US PAY FOR IT BUT THEY DONT PUT A QUALYING PERSON IN CHARGE. I EVEN FOUND A H/W CLUB TEACHER ASLEEP WITH HER HEAD DOWN AND HAD HER SON IN CHARGE...WHEN HE IS NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE IN CHARGE. WE R DEFINITELY OUT OF THIS SCHOOL ASAP!!!!

THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE. SO MANY OF OUR GREAT TEACHERS ARE LEAVING AND IT IS NOT FAIR. THE PARENTS OF THIS SCHOOL NEED TO COME TOGETHER AS ONE AND GO TO FATHER AND THE ARCHDIOCESE TO GET THE PRINCIPAL FIRED AND GET A NEW LOVING ONE OR EVEN OUR OLD PRINCIPAL MR.PANDI BACK

I have seen an unfortunate decline in the educational progress this school was making. There have been too many changes in the administration aspect, which include constant changes in principals and the inability to retain their good teachers. They lack innovative studies, such as, computer courses; students are not challenged and pushed to be engaged in their courses; and they are now trying to impose a huge amount of work on the lower grades and have yet to prepare them with the basics! This can only set them up for failure. Most likely my children will be pulled out from this school, there is too much uncertainty about the curriculum goals they have available. Programs that are brought up in the beginning of the school year are never implemented, and the teachings of being an individual of love, religion, and acceptance seems to be getting lost with the imposing beliefs of those that administer this school.

Last modified St. Paul Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8