Los Angeles, CA

Posted May 20, 2014
I think this school is amazing. It has helped me excel in my grades, and improve my study skills. I will be attending High School next year and I'm proud to say that Transfiguration has taught me everything I know. I am thankful to my teachers and mentors who've helped me throughout the years and led me in the right direction. Transfiguration is the best! GO EAGLES!

Transfiguration 2

Posted May 20, 2014
For years Transfiguration was considered to be a great school however, within the past several years this school has had lots of staffing changes and unfortunately not all for the better. I would suggest that anyone considering enrolling their young child should talk to some of the parents,interview the teacher and principal. Some of the teachers are great and some are fresh out of college and have no experience. The Kindergarten teacher seems sweet, but incompetent. The principal seems knowlegable, but not very interested in communicating much with parents. I suggest you save yourself the headache and look for another school.

Transfiguration 1

Posted March 19, 2014
I took my son out of Transfiguration's 6th grade in Feb 2014. His grades were poor.I called the school several times. No response. The receptionist kept telling me that she'd call back with a time that I could meet with his teacher & principle. I've never waited 2 months to speak to in a school's administration. From Dec 2013 after I received his grades up until Feb. 2014. At some point, the principle should have picked up the phone to at least so hello. My goal was to map out a plan that would best serve the needs of my son. I had no desire to blame the school. I wanted to know I could I do to remedy this? I was uncomfortable leaving him at a school for over 40 hours a week, yet no one could spare 10 minutes to speak to me. This was way too strange & shady. My son is worth so much more. 7th grade is going to be really big for him next year. I couldn't afford for him to stay at Transfiguration with no plan in place. Just today, after 3 wks, his new school gave me a 10 wk blue print on how they planned to bring his grades up to par. I was blown away. He may not be an A+ student in 10 wks but nothing compares to how happy I am with this administration. COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!!

Transfiguration 1

Posted December 11, 2013
Parents PLEASE do your research on this school before admitting your child. The past reviews I found was posted by school administrators; not real parents. Real parents have been pulling their children out of this school at an alarming rate. I'm one of those parents who this school has disappointed. Transfiguration used to be a pillar in the community. They served their community well & gave children the most desired level of an education. Transfiguration was in the business of producing upstanding citizens who had the right tools & life skills to serve any community. Now this school is in the business of taking money from any unknowing parent that fails victim to their OLD reputation. The school admin has taken a backseat in screening students. Now A students are taking the burden of not being able to focus due to disruptive, disrespectful, & disobeying students. Rather then remove these unfavorable students, Transfiguration has decided to keep these students & keep taking money from naive parents. These students have been kicked out of their previous school & are considered uncontrollable. And Transfiguration needs to start being HONEST about their current state of disarray.

Transfiguration 4

Posted September 20, 2013
My child graduated last June (2013) and is attending a private high school. We have been so blessed to have been a part of Transfiguration's family! As my child goes on to the next phase of school, we will always be grateful to the administration, faculty & staff!!

Posted May 18, 2013
Transfiguration I have had my child here at Transfiguration since pre school and now he is about to graduate. We have been so happy here at Transfiguration, as my son has come to feel like his classmates are like family. I love the family atmosphere of the school, and everyone works together to benefit the children. i hope our family can find the same atmosphere at our new school. Thank you "Transfig" for a wonderful year!

Posted November 30, 2012
This school is wonderful!! I have three sons attending, and each one of them looks forward to school everyday. The staff goes above and beyond what you may expect from any school. There are so many activities my sons participate in, football, basketball, Spanish, piano lessons, and there's even a dance studio! My third grader was in IEP at our former school, and he has demonstrated such improvement through the individual attention he receives here. The students are friendly and polite, and there is a lot of parent participation. The principal, Ms. Yerima, is kind and welcoming. She is always present, and dedicated to the students. I would definitely recommend this school, and I am so grateful to all of the staff here for making it such a great experience!

Posted November 13, 2012
I am a proud parent of Transfiguration School! I have 3 children attending and 1 on the waiting list for preschool. The principal is dedicated to the school and the staff. The teachers are excellent and dedicate their time after school for no extra cost to make sure the students get the help that they need. Spanish, Piano, and Dance is now a part of the school curriculum. All the field trips are educational and lost for large families like mine. When selecting a private school we understand that we have to do fundraisers. This helps the school pay the salaries of principal, teachers, and staff that makes way less money than they do. BUT they still care for my children just the same. THANK YOU TRANSFIGURATION FOR YOUR LOVE AND DEDICATION TO OUR CHILDREN OF TOMORROW!

Posted November 09, 2012
My grandchild is very excited about playing the piano! He is so driven to learn songs on his own to play for the family! The school allows you to borrow the keyboards for families who do not have pianos at home! I am very proud of him and he is very proud of himself!

Transfiguration 4

Posted May 06, 2012
1948 to 1956 differant times and respect for all was better. John MacDonald I could walk to school from Hepburn

Transfiguration