No rating

St Sebastian School

Private | PK-8 | 220 students

We are best known for our iPad and music programs.

Living in Los Angeles

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $584,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,820.

Posted April 21, 2009

St. Sebastian is a wonderful, loving environment with very high academic standards... The best of both worlds, and a wonderful principal and teachers, tool

Posted January 28, 2009

I go to Saint Sebastian School. I am currently in 7th grade. This school is really great. I have several memories good and bad at this school. All the teachers are very nice and respectful to the students. It's a small school but we're all just like a big happy family. I really love this school because the teachers are very nice and the way they teach makes it very easy to understand. Saint Sebastian is a very cool school. I only recomend one thing... get lockers for the middle school!! Other than that St. Sebastian School Rocks! =]
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 3, 2008

Alright. Im not a parent. Im a student. I attended St. Sebastian K-8 and am now a junior in high school. Looking back, this school has been threw so many changes some being bad, some being good. Every single teacher is on top of their game, and know whats going on with the students. I'll admit there were many times when I got into major trouble, but the principle/teachers were always understanding, and were able to work with you. Basically I miss this school, and I would recomend it to any young individual who is in need of a good school. Im not going to give my name, but just a little hint, I graduated 8th grade in 2005!!! yay!!! This school is one of the best.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 18, 2008

I am so happy to have my daughter here at St. Sebastian. The mix of technology, well educated teachers and a caring administration sets the school apart. You always see so many parents involved and on campus. It really feels like a tight family working to provide the best academic, spiritual and fun environment for our kids. My daughter has been doing so well and any areas she needs to work on the teachers have always made us aware right away so there are no surprises when report cards come out.

Posted January 16, 2008

I have mixed feelings about this school. The administration and teachers do try to make it into a good school but there is still a lot of work need to be done. Policies need to be consistent and there is a need for organization.

Posted September 6, 2007

We migrated here last year from the Philippines. We were looking for a school wherein our kids can adapt easily and will not experience culture change.We went to this school and we were very happy the way they accomdated us.The principal himself toured us in school, talked to my kids as friendly as he can be.After our tour, our kids told us, ' We want to come and study here.'My kids enjoyed their school a lot. All the teachers are nice and acccomodating. The principle is great. He knows every students and parents. He has a very strong leadership which made the school great.

Posted September 5, 2007

High quality education, state of the art technology and great teachers are some of the highlights of this school. Smart boards, computers, art program, music program and after school care are some of the great things offered at St. Sebastian. The teachers are great, not only because of their credentials but because they genuinely care about the children and the school. They have a great pre-school program as well. I am an alumni (having attended from K-8) and am happy to have my children attending this school. The principal is awesome... he always gives above and beyond what is expected of a principal.

Posted August 14, 2007

I have put 2 children through this fine school. One has graduated w/ honors and one is still attending. It is a wonderful school with a very nurtured setting. They are up to date with all academics and in technology for learning. All classes are equip with 'Smart boards' and modern computers. The Principal there knows every student by name! Now that's a positive teacher, student rapport! Also provided is religious instruction for those who are Catholic. Which maintains a very pleasant Christian environment.

Posted March 9, 2007

I feel so blessed to have attended St. Sebastian's School. I feel that not only did I receive an excellent, well-rounded education, but also gained a strong spiritual/religious foundation. I learned the importance of character, integrity and kindness. The teachers/administration/staff were very nurturing towards the students and had a genuine love for teaching. The lesson plans were creative and kept the student's interest. I also liked the fact that there weren't too many students in the classroom so I was able to obtain more individualized attention. I highly recommend the school as it prepared me well for high school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 12, 2005

I love this school. It is the great undiscovered secret on the westside. The teachers are highly qualified and treat the students like individuals. The tuition is reasonable. The student body is diverse. The environment is safe and highly disciplined.

Posted December 12, 2005

I am very satisfied with this school and the teachers

Posted August 31, 2005

After seaching to what seemed the zero hour, my husband found St. Sebastian and as mentioned in other reviews this school is truly a secret well kept with an impressive staff of educators the principal I am sure will know every childs name by the end of the first week of school. The teachers we have met are amazingly nice,and caring and seem so committed to taking the children through an education journey of excellence that will be challenging nurturing and fun.

Posted July 24, 2005

This is by far the best school in Los Angeles. The specialists and professionalism of the staff and administration combine to form rigorous academic programs with priority given to mind, body and soul. The all-star art, music, and athletics keep parents from all over coming, fulfilling within them the desire to remain involved for life.

Arts & music

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
  • French

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Edward Hermeno
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (310) 473-3178

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious