St Sebastian School 2

Posted December 16, 2013
School Administration shouldn't be allowed to post positive comments just to out way the other comments. Oh yeah, you are a new family but you seem to know what the new Principal has to enforce. Why not talk to the real families of the school. As middle school parents who have been with this school for years and through all the ups and downs, my family knows the real truth. A diamond, maybe a gemstone yes, but it's quickly fading and being melted by a bunch of BS.

Posted December 16, 2013
This school is a diamond in the rough!!! My family is new to the school this year and have been very impressed with the warm and welcoming administration who seem to truly care about the students and families. Right away my husband and I could sense that there seems to be a bit of a "riff" with existing middle school families who are apparantly upset that the new Principal has and enforces rules to run the school, like a school uniform policy, requirements that tuition be paid on time and requiring families to complete volunteer hours that they have committed to perform. I've also heard in the halls that scholarship families are now outraged that their kids have to make a C+ or better to keep their scholarships. Where I'm from, that's a requirement!! He's hoping those families will move on and make way for new families who cherish and respect school policies and a learning environment where everyone carries their own weight. We love it here and most importantly, so do our children!! :)

St Sebastian School 2

Posted March 11, 2013
The school has a lot of potentials, community, family oriented, location, providing high tech and seems to provide up-to-date curriculum. Yet, the problem is certain teachers aren't up-to-par to provide more challenging curriculum, fear of new technologies, some kids aren't disciplined appropriately and became so disruptive in class time & aren't fit in the school structure but rather to fill the number. Unfortunately, we decided to pull our children out of these schools.

Posted January 15, 2013
Both of my kids attend this school. The school is very family oriented. Yes they require volunteer hours and fund raising to keep the cost down. Compare to other schools, this school is very affordable. I love all the staff members and the teachers. My son started Mandarin from Kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade and proud to say that he speaks the language well.

Posted November 03, 2012
SAINT SEBASTIAN SCHOOL PRINCIPAL HAS RESIGNED. Word is he was forced to resign for political reasons and not by choice. My family is going through so much stress. My children are receiving the best education at this school. Their future is changed because of the opportunity. They are able to attend Saint Sebastian School because they were given a scholarship. I know the only reason they got the scholarship is because of the principal and administrator. I am sure the new principal will be selected by the same group who made the principal resign and he/she will give no consideration to the families' needs. Who are they getting rid of next? Which teachers will be forced to resign? Public school is my only option and I don't live in the best neighborhood. I am so devastated and worried about my children's education. THIS IS SO WRONG!!!

Posted March 28, 2012
I have never been more disappointed in a preschool. My son has only been going here for 3 months and I am already searching for an alternative once my contract runs out. My first warning sign should have been the fact that my son never wants to go to school -- and he has never been like that at any other preschool. Things that you should know that they don't emphasize when you are signing up for preschool besides the extraordinary amount of service hours a parent needs to provide and ENOURMOUS amount of school days off outside of normal work/school holidays i.e. instead of a week off for spring break -- nearly 2 weeks off, random Saint Holidays and other days that they prepare for accreditation reviews (all of which you need to pay for extra care) -- their national accreditation is their primary concern. If your child's needs or your needs as a parent don't fit in with their strict accreditation guidelines, then you might as well just look somewhere else. In other words, you need to meet the needs of the preschool because they will not bend to meet your needs. It you have a ton of time to give and don't have a demanding job, this is the school for you -single parents be warned.

Posted February 27, 2012
We have been a St. Sebastian family for 7 years and my youngest is in Kinder this year. There are a few new teachers this year and each has added their own special talents to our school. We miss the teachers that left and still see them at many of our events. Our new kinder teacher is amazing just as last years kinder teacher was amazing and I am impressed with all of the new things my student is learning this year. My middle school student is way ahead in classes like Math when compared to our friends children that attend other schools. I cannot imagine sending my children to a school where I am not involved. There is always something going on and something to do. My older student has made friendships that will last a lifetime.

Posted January 25, 2012
Our two children have been attending St. Sebastian School for the past three years. This school is extremely family oriented. The parents are highly involved and are encouraged to be involved with their children's education and activities. This school is very welcoming and warm. You feel like you are part of an extended family. Yes, there are volunteer hours and opportunities for collecting or making donations but these are simple to fulfill. This actually helps parents get together and participate in their child's school activities. In fact, the most recent fundraisers are geered towards getting IPads for each student. (They are very close to this goal!) This school is very technology based and has won recognition within the archdiocese for this advancement. Art, Mandarin, and Musical instruments are all part of the curriculum. Come see for yourself! You won't be disappointed.

Posted January 06, 2012
We recommend only Pre school and enrichment teacher. They are very nice! But recently many great teacher and smart child left this school. Then this school was a lot of changes. Also this elementary school is not high academic and not great support too. If you looking for great and high academic school, There are many great school in Westside area. (Private and public) We know that many public schools were budget cut, but many magnet and charter school still more academic than this school. I want to tell you this school.This school compulsion the donation and a volunteer.(Almost every week donation event and must 34 hours volunteer.If we miss the 34hours,The penalty is $10/hour. Anyother great school do not have this kind of rule.(Private and public school) Also St Sebastian school is NOT Save. If you want to send your child to save school ,Do not send your child to this school. Principal accepted horrifying student to kindergarten this year. The student who falls behind who can't keep up with] the others . Also this student stones the money from classmate and he was bullying some girls. But Kindergarten teacher and Principal swept the problem under the carpet.

Posted December 13, 2011
With what's going on with funding cut at LAUSD/ state budget, so glad we found this school for my child, best decision we made!!! School offers a lot of activities, my child excels and loving this school. In the Westside, all public school parents scrambling yearly to find the right middle school as not to many good choices around, and how lucky you're going to win lottery entrance, so glad we don't have to do that. What's wonderful, Principal and staffs are approachable , down-to-earth and caring. Best of all, you instantly get notify via emails/textings of your child homeworks, testing grades so we can follow-up immediately if the child falls behind. Resources here are tremendous in helping your child to succeed. Hands down the best school for West LA. my child loves learning Chinese as well, very important language to learn while they are young, and also able to use Ipad to learn useful programs.

St Sebastian School