Los Angeles, CA

Posted May 18, 2015
We are proud to be a part of the St Sebastian School community. This is a small school with so much to offer. Our principal, Teresa McDugald, is an amazing leader who is committed to the success of our school. I have nothing but praise for her, the teachers and the staff at St Sebastian School. If you are looking for a safe. loving, supportive environment for your child along with a high quality education, then I would highly recommend you take a moment to visit St. Sebastian School.

Posted February 26, 2015
Excellent academic curriculum and small tight knit community. This school has been through the worst storm (as Father Herman puts it) but because of the love and dedication of each staff members and the family behind it, it managed to get itself out of the storm and is now thriving once again.

Posted February 26, 2015
Saint Sebastian is a wonderful School, with a wonderful staff. Our kids have learned so much. We are very happy for being part of this wonderful community.

Posted February 20, 2015
St. Sebastian is a wonderful school. Both my children go there, one in preschool and one in first grade. We have been there for two years now and have seen a lot of positive change, both in administration and faculty. The new principle is top-notch. She is bringing a culture of enrichment to the school and continued emphasis on arts and language. It is a small and intimate community with dedicated parents and really great kids. It offers the best of a private school without the high cost or any of the pretentiousness. The Catholic education emphasizes compassion, kindness and tradition without being unnecessarily dogmatic. We are so glad we found this little West-side school. It's been truly wonderful for our family.

St Sebastian School 2

Posted December 16, 2013
School Administration shouldn't be allowed to post positive comments just to out way the other comments. Oh yeah, you are a new family but you seem to know what the new Principal has to enforce. Why not talk to the real families of the school. As middle school parents who have been with this school for years and through all the ups and downs, my family knows the real truth. A diamond, maybe a gemstone yes, but it's quickly fading and being melted by a bunch of BS.

Posted December 16, 2013
This school is a diamond in the rough!!! My family is new to the school this year and have been very impressed with the warm and welcoming administration who seem to truly care about the students and families. Right away my husband and I could sense that there seems to be a bit of a "riff" with existing middle school families who are apparantly upset that the new Principal has and enforces rules to run the school, like a school uniform policy, requirements that tuition be paid on time and requiring families to complete volunteer hours that they have committed to perform. I've also heard in the halls that scholarship families are now outraged that their kids have to make a C+ or better to keep their scholarships. Where I'm from, that's a requirement!! He's hoping those families will move on and make way for new families who cherish and respect school policies and a learning environment where everyone carries their own weight. We love it here and most importantly, so do our children!! :)

St Sebastian School 2

Posted March 11, 2013
The school has a lot of potentials, community, family oriented, location, providing high tech and seems to provide up-to-date curriculum. Yet, the problem is certain teachers aren't up-to-par to provide more challenging curriculum, fear of new technologies, some kids aren't disciplined appropriately and became so disruptive in class time & aren't fit in the school structure but rather to fill the number. Unfortunately, we decided to pull our children out of these schools.

St Sebastian School 1

Posted November 03, 2012
SAINT SEBASTIAN SCHOOL PRINCIPAL HAS RESIGNED. Word is he was forced to resign for political reasons and not by choice. My family is going through so much stress. My children are receiving the best education at this school. Their future is changed because of the opportunity. They are able to attend Saint Sebastian School because they were given a scholarship. I know the only reason they got the scholarship is because of the principal and administrator. I am sure the new principal will be selected by the same group who made the principal resign and he/she will give no consideration to the families' needs. Who are they getting rid of next? Which teachers will be forced to resign? Public school is my only option and I don't live in the best neighborhood. I am so devastated and worried about my children's education. THIS IS SO WRONG!!!

St Sebastian School 1

Posted March 28, 2012
I have never been more disappointed in a preschool. My son has only been going here for 3 months and I am already searching for an alternative once my contract runs out. My first warning sign should have been the fact that my son never wants to go to school -- and he has never been like that at any other preschool. Things that you should know that they don't emphasize when you are signing up for preschool besides the extraordinary amount of service hours a parent needs to provide and ENOURMOUS amount of school days off outside of normal work/school holidays i.e. instead of a week off for spring break -- nearly 2 weeks off, random Saint Holidays and other days that they prepare for accreditation reviews (all of which you need to pay for extra care) -- their national accreditation is their primary concern. If your child's needs or your needs as a parent don't fit in with their strict accreditation guidelines, then you might as well just look somewhere else. In other words, you need to meet the needs of the preschool because they will not bend to meet your needs. It you have a ton of time to give and don't have a demanding job, this is the school for you -single parents be warned.

Posted February 27, 2012
We have been a St. Sebastian family for 7 years and my youngest is in Kinder this year. There are a few new teachers this year and each has added their own special talents to our school. We miss the teachers that left and still see them at many of our events. Our new kinder teacher is amazing just as last years kinder teacher was amazing and I am impressed with all of the new things my student is learning this year. My middle school student is way ahead in classes like Math when compared to our friends children that attend other schools. I cannot imagine sending my children to a school where I am not involved. There is always something going on and something to do. My older student has made friendships that will last a lifetime.

St Sebastian School